Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default Joker : OTHER DC villian movies you wanna see?

I'm looking forward to Joker and the upcoming Dwayne Johnson Black Adam flick.

Who else should get a movie (minus the heroes?) Howabout :

Two - Harvey Dent's struggle with his father, corruption and his own dark side...

Cold - The crook who became the Captain. Story of him and his sister trying to make it in a cold, cold world. He finds an experimental ice gun and everything changes...

others?

I would very much like to see a continuation of Michael Ansara's Mr. Freeze (minus the body-less head version, of course):

Astonishing Member

Harvey Dent/Two-Face.
    Ra's al Ghul.
    Lex Luthor.
    Mr. Freeze.

Only one that might really happen is Luthor.

Lex Luthor, Darkseid and Bane.

BANNED

Lex Luthor, specially because the versions of the character interpreted by Hackman, Spacey or Eisenberg range from parody to rip-off.

Using something like "The Unauthorized Biography" as a base, a good solo film could be made.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I want to see the Rouges in a heist film.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Harvey Dent/Two-Face.
    Ra's al Ghul.
    Lex Luthor.
    Mr. Freeze.

I'd love a Two-Face or Mr Freeze movie. The only problem with the latter is that it was pretty much done perfectly in TAS. So, unless they can top it, I wouldn't want them to even bother attempting to touch it.

Ra's would also be great. His history has a few different depictions, so it would give them a great opportunity to do something akin to Joker (where they cherry-picked from the different origins). Hopefully, whoever does it, they manage to do it right. Because I haven't been sold on any of his live action portrayals.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I'd love a Two-Face or Mr Freeze movie. The only problem with the latter is that it was pretty much done perfectly in TAS. So, unless they can top it, I wouldn't want them to even bother attempting to touch it.
    I wouldn't say that. Although still a great episode, it is still just an episode and not a movie. There is plenty of room for improvement. Make certain elements less dated, show more of the romance before the tragedy, more of the struggle to find a cure and butting heads with his employers/the corporate jerkwads, and you could make something incredibly spectacular. Again, no knock against the original episode, but I think it is largely nostalgia talking when we say it is perfect as is. Under the right people, the basic story could be expanded on into an amazing movie. But again, you'd need the right creative people behind it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I wouldn't say that. Although still a great episode, it is still just an episode and not a movie. There is plenty of room for improvement. Make certain elements less dated, show more of the romance before the tragedy, more of the struggle to find a cure and butting heads with his employers/the corporate jerkwads, and you could make something incredibly spectacular. Again, no knock against the original episode, but I think it is largely nostalgia talking when we say it is perfect as is. Under the right people, the basic story could be expanded on into an amazing movie. But again, you'd need the right creative people behind it.
    I'm good with that. So long as nobody brings that Batman Annual by Snyder in the New 52 to any of the production meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I think Gentleman Ghost could be a really great direction to pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I would very much like to see a continuation of Michael Ansara's Mr. Freeze
    This would actually be very logical. Keeping with Batman rogues, maybe it’s best if they do only Batman rogues until it’s clear they really have something. 1 Joker, 2 Mr Freeze, and then 3 Catman

Retired

Instead of a movie about Barry Allen or Wally West, I think WB would do better with a movie about Eobard Thawne. That would be a unique way to open up the Flash story without going over the same narrative covered in the TV show.

BANNED

Vandal Savage the Movie, which I think a couple of posters mentioned.

Think about it, a huge historical rip-roaring yarn about an immortal psychopath who starts out as basically Conan the Barbarian, but who later becomes Alexander the Great and helps found the Library of Alexandria and so on, and then he becomes Julius Caesar or Augustus and founds the Roman Empire.

It could be awesome, there's a lot of neat ideas a film-maker can tap in, the fact that there's no real difference between civilization and barbarianism, that they're the same thing, that historical figures like Alexander, Caesar, and Augustus who are lionized and celebrated are actually glorified psychos.

To be honest, I actually think Vandal Savage should have been the villain of the Justice League movie. Or the next best thing, make him a villain for Wonder Woman. Because thematicallly, Vandal Savage and Wonder Woman would work well against one another since he can claim that he represents the reality of the civilization of which Diana is a representative of, and so present an interest challenge and dynamic with her.

As for who I'd cast as Savage...I'd pick Willem Dafoe, or Gary Oldman (because he kind of played a similar character in Bram Stoker's Dracula), or if you want someone outside the box -- Leonardo DiCaprio...tell Leo he gets to be a character who in one movie is a barbarian from the steppes who becomes Alexander then a Roman general and then a Viking and after that maybe Christopher Columbus, and he'd probably be pretty interested in that.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 11-17-2019 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Vandal Savage the Movie, which I think a couple of posters mentioned.

Think about it, a huge historical rip-roaring yarn about an immortal psychopath who starts out as basically Conan the Barbarian, but who later becomes Alexander the Great and helps found the Library of Alexandria and so on, and then he becomes Julius Caesar or Augustus and founds the Roman Empire.

It could be awesome, there's a lot of neat ideas a film-maker can tap in, the fact that there's no real difference between civilization and barbarianism, that they're the same thing, that historical figures like Alexander, Caesar, and Augustus who are lionized and celebrated are actually glorified psychos.

To be honest, I actually think Vandal Savage should have been the villain of the Justice League movie. Or the next best thing, make him a villain for Wonder Woman. Because thematicallly, Vandal Savage and Wonder Woman would work well against one another since he can claim that he represents the reality of the civilization of which Diana is a representative of, and so present an interest challenge and dynamic with her.

As for who I'd cast as Savage...I'd pick Willem Dafoe, or Gary Oldman (because he kind of played a similar character in Bram Stoker's Dracula), or if you want someone outside the box -- Leonardo DiCaprio...tell Leo he gets to be a character who in one movie is a barbarian from the steppes who becomes Alexander then a Roman general and then a Viking and after that maybe Christopher Columbus, and he'd probably be pretty interested in that.
    Decaprio is way too pretty and way too white to play savage. You gotta go with someone who's Caveman pretty like Benecio Del Toro or Jason Mamoa(wouldnt cast him just using him as a example of "Caveman" pretty). Cro-Magnums like most of Savages looks from modern comics would also be very tan. So unless you wanna change his backstory I think the actor if hes gonna be white needs to be someone who is either very tan or can pull off looking Tan. Defoe I can see maybe even Viggo Mortensen. I've seen them both darker for movie. But they might be too old to pull it off.

Edit: Just wanted to add other then the casting I'd love a Vandall savage movie though I wonder what the main plot would be. Origin as a cro-Magnum and then everything to conquering most the known world as Alexanser the great? And then a sequel would move on to his next empire or point in history? Or would that all be backstory for a more modern story?
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 11-17-2019 at 03:06 PM.