Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Harvey Dent/Two-Face.
    Ra's al Ghul.
    Lex Luthor.
    Mr. Freeze.

Only one that might really happen is Luthor.
    I'd love a Two-Face or Mr Freeze movie. The only problem with the latter is that it was pretty much done perfectly in TAS. So, unless they can top it, I wouldn't want them to even bother attempting to touch it.

Ra's would also be great. His history has a few different depictions, so it would give them a great opportunity to do something akin to Joker (where they cherry-picked from the different origins). Hopefully, whoever does it, they manage to do it right. Because I haven't been sold on any of his live action portrayals.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I'd love a Two-Face or Mr Freeze movie. The only problem with the latter is that it was pretty much done perfectly in TAS. So, unless they can top it, I wouldn't want them to even bother attempting to touch it.
    I wouldn't say that. Although still a great episode, it is still just an episode and not a movie. There is plenty of room for improvement. Make certain elements less dated, show more of the romance before the tragedy, more of the struggle to find a cure and butting heads with his employers/the corporate jerkwads, and you could make something incredibly spectacular. Again, no knock against the original episode, but I think it is largely nostalgia talking when we say it is perfect as is. Under the right people, the basic story could be expanded on into an amazing movie. But again, you'd need the right creative people behind it.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I always fantasized about writing a Rogues movie where the Flash is only a barely-seen background character.

Lex Luthor. His rise to power with flashbacks to his tragic family past. We only see hear and see Superman from afar.

Also the creation of Bizarro akin to a monster movie like Frankenstein.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Lex Luthor. His rise to power with flashbacks to his tragic family past. We only see hear and see Superman from afar.

Also the creation of Bizarro akin to a monster movie like Frankenstein.
    I'd rather a All Star superman type movie from Lexs point of view. He truly thinks he would have been the hero if it weren't for Superman. And then with Superman dying he has to step up and live up to that. Cant follow the cartoon or comic too closely but just the idea of Lex finaly getting what he wants and realizing how wrong he was after it too late interests me. All Star Superman is one my favorite animated DC movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I'd rather a All Star superman type movie from Lexs point of view. He truly thinks he would have been the hero if it weren't for Superman. And then with Superman dying he has to step up and live up to that. Cant follow the cartoon or comic too closely but just the idea of Lex finaly getting what he wants and realizing how wrong he was after it too late interests me. All Star Superman is one my favorite animated DC movies.
    I like that too, and we can still see some flashbacks to his childhood trying to justify himself. Lex is such an interesting and complex character.

I like that too, and we can still see some flashbacks to his childhood trying to justify himself. Lex is such an interesting and complex character.
    So, Lex's childhood - Smallville or no Smallville?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So, Lex's childhood - Smallville or no Smallville?
    I was never a big fan of Lex knowing young Clark. It makes the world smaller, imo. But it depends on the writing. It could work.

I would watch that in a heartbeat. And you can literally have Superman be in 10mins of the movie. Just to deliver some impactful dialogue to Lex.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I wouldn't say that. Although still a great episode, it is still just an episode and not a movie. There is plenty of room for improvement. Make certain elements less dated, show more of the romance before the tragedy, more of the struggle to find a cure and butting heads with his employers/the corporate jerkwads, and you could make something incredibly spectacular. Again, no knock against the original episode, but I think it is largely nostalgia talking when we say it is perfect as is. Under the right people, the basic story could be expanded on into an amazing movie. But again, you'd need the right creative people behind it.
    I'm good with that. So long as nobody brings that Batman Annual by Snyder in the New 52 to any of the production meetings.

Astonishing Member

No mention of Sinestro? That could be grest.

Retired

To get a treatment exactly like JOKER, the best possible would probably be Harvey Dent. But doing exactly what JOKER did with another character could seem redundant.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I was thinking about how lots of people were bringing up incels regarding 'Joker', and then it hit me: Doctor Psycho is right there.

What makes 'Joker' so talked about is that it's provocative. It goes places other comic book movies haven't gone before and can talk about things others can't or have not been able to do so in its capacity. I feel like Doctor Psycho is the DC villain that can really do this. While most comic book villains are obviously jerks to anyone, misogyny has been barely explored in the genre. The closest might be Killmonger who is seen repeatedly committing violent acts to and berating women (as opposed to T'Challa who is always shown to respect them). But this isn't because they're women. It's because (in the first case) they're white and they're in his way. Furthermore Killmonger's deal was more about fighting racial oppression with colonialism, not misogyny.

Doctor Psycho presents the opportunity to tackle this thing head on. The character is undoubtedly a misogynist as stated by his creator, and he is the villain of Wonder Woman, the feminist hero in existence. But to do a movie on Doctor Psycho (who functions very much like an incel many times) would be extremely ballsy and would face a lot more pushback than 'Joker' did because it would be about an incel, which 'Joker' isn't. A serial killer who targets women, hates them more than anything, is ridiculed for his appearance and secretly desires women (and if keeping his powers, mentally subjugates them) would be just as controversial, if not far more than 'Joker'.

The question is, should it even get made?

Retired

I'd rather DC used this opportunity to go outside of super-hero stories to tell stories about other kinds of DC characters. Maybe it's not possible to do Jonah Hex again, but they could do Enemy Ace, I . . . Vampire, Brother Power/the Geek, Blitzkrieg, Sea Devils, Stanley and His Monster, Anthro, Bat Lash, Arak, the Black Pirate, Captain Fear, Danger Trail, Star Hunters, Kanjar Ro & Queen Hyathis, the Dingbats of Danger Street, Stalker, Doctor Occult, the Creature Commandos, the Haunted Tank, the Viking Commando, the Green Glob, Prince Ra-Man, the Maniaks, Nightmaster, Morgana the Witch, Ronin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'd rather DC used this opportunity to go outside of super-hero stories to tell stories about other kinds of DC characters. Maybe it's not possible to do Jonah Hex again, but they could do Enemy Ace, I . . . Vampire, Brother Power/the Geek, Blitzkrieg, Sea Devils, Stanley and His Monster, Anthro, Bat Lash, Arak, the Black Pirate, Captain Fear, Danger Trail, Star Hunters, Kanjar Ro & Queen Hyathis, the Dingbats of Danger Street, Stalker, Doctor Occult, the Creature Commandos, the Haunted Tank, the Viking Commando, the Green Glob, Prince Ra-Man, the Maniaks, Nightmaster, Morgana the Witch, Ronin.
    I'd be up for Doctor Occult. Sgt Rock and The Unknown Soldier as well.