Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The problem is...

Joker only got made because they wanted almost no budget and it's about Joker.

Could you put a faithful version of the Ennis' "Unknown Soldier" series on the screen, and have made something with artistic merit?

Sure.

Is anybody going to go see it?

Whole other can of worms.
    This...pretty much.

BANNED

Catwoman (like in White Collar) where she pulls of a series of heists and occasionally works with the FBI. We can see her have intermittent romances with various men, including Russian Oligarchs and heads of Mexican Cartels. Whom she occasionally out smarts and rips off. And a nice side kick (Or boy toy) like Dick Grayson. I liked their occasional pairings on Batman the Animated series and in Nightwing. Think of the possibilities.

The other one would be Ra's and Talia running the League of Shadows, intent on world domination/make the world purer and taking down corrupt businesses who are harming the earth. You can intersperse action and intrigue. It could be a combination of the 60's tv show the Avengers and Jason Bourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Lex was that in only one film series. If you accept the idea that Superman Returns was a sequel to Superman and Superman II. On TV we got a different Lex in Lois and Clark. A different Lex in Smallville, and a different Lex in Supergirl.
    Yeah, but more people saw the film versions...

I'd rather a TV show following the monster of the week format to showcase a bunch of villains.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Catwoman (like in White Collar) where she pulls of a series of heists and occasionally works with the FBI. We can see her have intermittent romances with various men, including Russian Oligarchs and heads of Mexican Cartels. Whom she occasionally out smarts and rips off. And a nice side kick (Or boy toy) like Dick Grayson. I liked their occasional pairings on Batman the Animated series and in Nightwing. Think of the possibilities.

The other one would be Ra's and Talia running the League of Shadows, intent on world domination/make the world purer and taking down corrupt businesses who are harming the earth. You can intersperse action and intrigue. It could be a combination of the 60's tv show the Avengers and Jason Bourne.
    If The Batman does well I can see them giving Zoe Kravitz her own movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If The Batman does well I can see them giving Zoe Kravitz her own movie.
    Unfortunately they were also going to give Michelle Pfeiffer her own movie but it got stuck in development hell so long that she and Tim Burton dropped out. And we ended up with Halle Berry as Catastrophe Woman.
    Anne Hathaway wanted a movie too but that didn't pan out. Third time is a charm?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Unfortunately they were also going to give Michelle Pfeiffer her own movie but it got stuck in development hell so long that she and Tim Burton dropped out. And we ended up with Halle Berry as Catastrophe Woman.
    Anne Hathaway wanted a movie too but that didn't pan out. Third time is a charm?
    Maybe but yea I wasnt a fan of Pfeiffers Catwomen anyway. Hathaway's was miles better imo. Halle Barry's Catwomen is the biggest wtf but burton's isnt far behind. Neither feel like Selina in characterization at all. Hathaway's was atleast in the ballpark though.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Penguin Pain and Prejudice
    is almost Jason Aaron's screenplay for the next villain standalone movie

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Arkham Asylum
    as a Silence Of The Lambs type movie based on Grant Morrison's book or Dan Slott's

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Ocean Master
    Lex Luthor

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Maybe but yea I wasnt a fan of Pfeiffers Catwomen anyway. Hathaway's was miles better imo. Halle Barry's Catwomen is the biggest wtf but burton's isnt far behind. Neither feel like Selina in characterization at all. Hathaway's was atleast in the ballpark though.
    Have to agree. Pfeiffer was a great action character and I must have watched Batman Returns dozens of times just to see her. But her Catwoman had nothing to do with the Catwoman in the comic books of that era.
    Even the costume was wonky. I would have to say that up until this point in time Hathaway was the most comic book accurate Catwoman for her era even though the costume was still lacking, no cowl for example.
    Can't really call Newmar/Kitt/Meriwether comic book accurate of their era because the Comic Code Authority caused Catwoman to disappear from the comic books back in the mid 1950s and Catwoman didn't return
    to the comic books until after Batman 1966. And again their costumes were nothing like what Catwoman was wearing the last time she was in a comic book. If nothing else, Zoe Kravitz damn well better be wearing
    a cowl with pointy ears.

While I totally agree that Burton's Catwoman was almost nothing like comic book Selina, I still find Pfeiffer's performance much more fun. Aside from the first scene where she robs Wayne, Hathaway's Selina is too serious. Anyone playing Catwoman should have fun with it, imo. That's a big part of the appeal of the character.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-24-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    While I totally agree that Burton's Catwoman was almost nothing like comic book Selina, I still find Pfeiffer's performance much more fun. Aside from the first scene where she robs Wayne, Hathaway's Selina is too serious. Anyone playing Catwoman should have fun with it, imo. That's a big part of the appeal of the character.
    Hathaway did have Selina's snark. Like the scene where she killed Bane and commented about the use of guns. The movie as a whole was more serious than Batman Returns. Penguin was much more over the top than Bane too.
    So Selina being a little more serious was appropriate for the tone of the movie.

A Captain Nazi film would be really fun, but I don't think any studio would go for it.

I'd like to see a mystery film involving the Riddler but with little violence. Puzzles, clues, mind games, etc.