Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The problem is...

Joker only got made because they wanted almost no budget and it's about Joker.

Could you put a faithful version of the Ennis' "Unknown Soldier" series on the screen, and have made something with artistic merit?

Sure.

Is anybody going to go see it?

Whole other can of worms.

I know there's a lot of, well, Harley fatigue with some comics fans these days, and she's already doing the whole Birds of Prey movie. BUT! After reading the first issue of the new Black Label title Harleen last week, I could definitely see a Harley Quinn origin movie doing pretty great. Haven't read the classic Mad Love yet, but just going off Harleen you could do a hell of an amazing film for not too much of a budget.

I could also see a Long Halloween-esque Two Face origin movie doing fairly amazing as well.

Lex Luthor would be a good one too.

And if you could keep the budget down to say Deadpool levels? Bizarro.

Mighty Member

Peter Dinklage as the good doctor I presume?

The Penguin would totally work, as a gangster/mob story. And they could introduce other lesser known DC gangster villains into the movie as well....such as Tobias Whale, Bruno Mannheim etc....
    Last edited by LifeIsILL; 10-08-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Mighty Member

I hear the monsters from Aquaman are getting their own movie..

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    The trench or whatever. Yea odd. Choice

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    The Trench? Yeah, not sure about that.

Retired

I think the problem with Luthor is that he's all over the map in the live action interpretations. There's some basic similarities between all the live action Jokers that a general audience understands. Luthor is pretty vague in the public consciousness.

But as a mental exercise, I'd like to write a script based on AMADEUS with Lex as Salieri.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think the problem with Luthor is that he's all over the map in the live action interpretations. There's some basic similarities between all the live action Jokers that a general audience understands. Luthor is pretty vague in the public consciousness.

But as a mental exercise, I'd like to write a script based on AMADEUS with Lex as Salieri.
    The Joker movie is nothing like Joker in characterization or any version. Except that hes dressed like a clown and laughs
    Though they even changed the laugh. They can make a movie out of any villian if Joker is the bar. Bascialy write a good character study film about a businessman, call him lex and place it in metropolis. if I take anything away from Joker as far as its effect on the CBM landscape it's that theres money to be made in taking a good project and then wrapping it in a Comicbook finish to boost sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

Not that vague - if you ignore Batman v Superman, Lex in film is obviously a bald criminal real estate mad schemer with a Napoleon complex.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    No mention of Sinestro? That could be grest.
    this right here

BANNED

"Island of Tomorrow" (TO Morrow) about Oolong island and the strange happenings there

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not that vague - if you ignore Batman v Superman, Lex in film is obviously a bald criminal real estate mad schemer with a Napoleon complex.
    Lex was that in only one film series. If you accept the idea that Superman Returns was a sequel to Superman and Superman II. On TV we got a different Lex in Lois and Clark. A different Lex in Smallville, and a different Lex in Supergirl.

Incredible Member

Can we please get John Lithgow as lex?????