Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    People said that about Joker. The Catwoman comic books seems to get along well enough without a lot of Batman. From volume 1 onwards to the current series. Selina's Big Score was one of the best Catwoman
    stories ever and Batman was nowhere to be seen in that one. When in Rome didn't have much Batman in that one either. Catwoman doesn't need Batman. She just needs a good story.
    Agreed it will take real bravery and vision to try again though. The first was such a legendary failure of its own making obviously.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Agreed it will take real bravery and vision to try again though. The first was such a legendary failure of its own making obviously.
    I don't think it's that much of s stretch. It was such a failure hardly anyone remembers it anymore. And there will always be a place in the movies for a woman in a catsuit.

BANNED

We've already had the best Joker movie in The Dark Knight. It would be a grave injustice to call that a Batman movie.

Kraven has a potential storyline, and is the only villain I can think of off the bat that perhaps does not need an appearance from a superhero to complete the story.

who knows. anybody could be given an interesting (and largely new) backstory.

I guess the next major icon would be Lex Luthor. I wonder if they would go for the rogue scientist angle or the ruthless businessman angle. Or somehow combine them? Well, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    We've already had the best Joker movie in The Dark Knight. It would be a grave injustice to call that a Batman movie.
    Funny, I was about to say the same about Two-Face. I love the character and feel he could not have gotten a better film than "The Dark Knight."

Almost all Batman villains could star in a "sympathetic monster" movie with how damaged most of them are. "Batman:TAS" really emphasized this and it's true. That show provided the blueprint if you were to make a movie with almost any of them.

In my mind the best Lex Luthor movie has already been made, and it's called "Election." - yeah, the Matthew Broderick movie ... think about it. (edit: although, dammit -maybe "Amadeus" might strike a closer note (pun intended))

I would love to see an Emerald Empress movie. It's the best example of a disastrous co-dependent relationship ever.(moreso than Harley)

Someone mentioned Vandal Savage, and while I don't have an emotional connection to him, I can see a good movie with him, especially if he's played almost like Marvel's Doctor Zero - the ultimate Machiavellian world-manipulator who serves only his own needs. Sometimes he does what we consider good, sometimes he does what we consider evil AF, but he stays true to his own self-interest.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-24-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Kraven has a potential storyline, and is the only villain I can think of off the bat that perhaps does not need an appearance from a superhero to complete the story.
    Kraven would be cool. Dr Doom before he becomes so Pompus hes likable,maybe show what happened to him to make him such a dick, same with Namor( only a villian half the time so maybe he dint count). Deathstroke if you focus on his family issues for the drama. If all you need is one and done I think most villians can work for an origin film. And with how many liberties Joker seems to have taken any villians could work. You just take the name and look(Kinda) and make a good story and slap they're name on it.

Retired

For Marvel--rather than Blade or Morbius--I'd rather see a movie about Dracula (as in TOMB OF DRACULA).

Kite Man
    Condiment King
    The Ten-Eyed Man

Each one of them could kick off a whole film franchise in their own right!

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I don't think it's that much of s stretch. It was such a failure hardly anyone remembers it anymore. And there will always be a place in the movies for a woman in a catsuit.
    We have had two live action version of Selina Kyle/Catwoman since then. Anne Hathaway in The Dark Knight Rises and Camren Bicondova in Gotham. I think the general audience would be
    ready for one of these versions. Supposedly The Batman will have Catwoman in it too. If they don't want to go a Joker style movie and that Catwoman is well enough received I think she
    could get a solo movie. I would have liked Anne Hathaway to get a solo Catwoman movie but that may have been too soon from Catastrophe Woman. Now with more of an emphasis on
    female lead movies, Catwoman is as good a candidate as Supergirl or Batgirl.

Mighty Member

For Marvel : JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson: the heroic uncompromising journalist who says No to freaks wearing masks and the damage they cause...

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Deathstroke... hands down

A ridiculous Jonh wick style movie where there us atleast one scene where he kills 100 people by himself. You can start with early Slade and make him more sympathetic. Depending on the writer hes a character who at times is either a monster or a Mercenary with a code. Lean it the latter. Show his family life and what happened with his kids and wife. And the movie can end with him becoming Deathtroke and terminator. Still has a code but becomes emotionaly cold. Also play up the superhuman stuff, especialy his intellect. You can do **** like they do in the Equalizer where he scans the room super fast and make some long complicated plan in a split secone.
    Yep, Deathstroke is by far the best pick after Joker because:

1. He has quite a few ongoings so there is more than enough material for a good story
    2. He has a large supporting cast with Wintergreen, his wife, his kids, and the Titans.

It's a no-brainer.

Retired

Due to an unfortunate mix-up, Pennyworth ends up in Derry, as Pennywise arrives in Gotham.

Astonishing Member

I think Mr. Freeze would work great as a Joker-style film. I'd set it in a Blade Runner-esq near-future setting where corporations pretty much rule everything. Victor Fries would be a kind of 'villain protagonist'/anti-hero just trying to get his wife cured, and the antagonists would be the board of GothCorp.

Scarecrow could be the star of a psychological thriller - the story of Professor Jonathan Crane and the disturbing experiments he performs on his students at Gotham University, juxtaposed with flashbacks to his troubled childhood.

LUTHOR.

Lex's relentless rise to power through both his scientific / technological prowess and his entrepreneurial / political acumen, in a world without a Superman to fixate on.

1987's Wall Street (Gordon Gecko) meets 1987's Robocop (Omni Consumer Products).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who knows. anybody could be given an interesting (and largely new) backstory.

I guess the next major icon would be Lex Luthor. I wonder if they would go for the rogue scientist angle or the ruthless businessman angle. Or somehow combine them? Well, we'll see.
    Both. He can be a scientist whose inventions earn him significant wealth through patents etc. Reed Richards is pretty much that over in Marvel. His inventions and their patents is how he bankrolls the Fantastic Four's operations.

The more interesting question is: which area of the scientific field is the better fit? Personally, I feel he should have a background leaning towards engineering, robotics and, possibly, medicine/chmistry. Medical (particularly Pharmaceutical) and R/D for the military are the two biggest areas where he would stand to make the most wealth.