BANNED

Default Hawkman vs Aquaman

Who will win a contest of fish and fowl where Hawkman has to fish Aquaman out of the water( He is swimming close to surface) while Aquaman has to drag him down in the depths when he attempts to do so? Will Nth Metal feathered might prevail or will aquatic might spawned from the depths triumph? You decide.
    Second Round: Standard Rumble settings.

Aquaman is much stronger than Hawkman. Especially in the water. Unless Hawkman is moving at super-speed I think Aquaman should win this contest of strength.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Well, this is kind of a fun concept. Like Osprey vs. Trout.

Except the trout is actually a Megalodon.

Aquaman has done stuff like drag a nuclear submarine from the ocean floor to breach the surface in less then a minute. He's gone toe to toe with Grodd and bloodied him in single hits.

Hawkman is going to get sucked under the waves in short order.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Well, this is kind of a fun concept. Like Osprey vs. Trout.

Except the trout is actually a Megalodon.

Aquaman has done stuff like drag a nuclear submarine from the ocean floor to breach the surface in less then a minute. He's gone toe to toe with Grodd and bloodied him in single hits.

Hawkman is going to get sucked under the waves in short order.
    He beat Grodd into submission, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    He beat Grodd into submission, actually.
    Even worse!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

First scenario: Hawkman is all over the place for feats. But any version of Hawkman should be strong enough to lift Aquaman from just below the surface to just above the waves. And certainly Aquaman is stronger and can pull Hawkman under water. So I think this comes down to a question of speed. If Aquaman is faster, he can pull Hawkman under as soon as they make contact. But if Hawkman is faster, he should be able to swoop down and scoop up Aquaman first. The scenario doesn't say anything about how long the winner must hold their opponent in or out of the water, but if that was a factor, Aquaman would ultimately overpower Hawkman for the winner. One more consideration regarding speed: Hawkman can significantly increase his flight speed by diving towards Aquaman, while Aquaman has no such advantage surging up out of the water at Hawkman. I think that Hawkman should win the first scenario.

Second scenario: the arena is dry, so Hawkman controls the pace of this fight. He can fly around for a while until Aquaman is feeling a bit dehydrated, then swoop in for the attack. But Aquaman is significantly stronger, so the fight shifts to his advantage if he can grab Hawkman. I would give Aquaman the majority for a straight rumble.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Aquaman can actually swim ridiculously fast in the water, even going upwards, and on land he can do Hulk style super jumps. Not at Hulk distances, but he can jump good enough to where he should have a decent chance to close on Hawkman before he can gain enough altitude to play the waiting game.

If you replaced Hawkman with Hawkwoman this might go the other way, as she's picked up an Archangel style plot device wing powerup which let her draw blood from the Martian Manhunter with a wing strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    First scenario: Hawkman is all over the place for feats. But any version of Hawkman should be strong enough to lift Aquaman from just below the surface to just above the waves. And certainly Aquaman is stronger and can pull Hawkman under water. So I think this comes down to a question of speed. If Aquaman is faster, he can pull Hawkman under as soon as they make contact. But if Hawkman is faster, he should be able to swoop down and scoop up Aquaman first. The scenario doesn't say anything about how long the winner must hold their opponent in or out of the water, but if that was a factor, Aquaman would ultimately overpower Hawkman for the winner. One more consideration regarding speed: Hawkman can significantly increase his flight speed by diving towards Aquaman, while Aquaman has no such advantage surging up out of the water at Hawkman. I think that Hawkman should win the first scenario.

Second scenario: the arena is dry, so Hawkman controls the pace of this fight. He can fly around for a while until Aquaman is feeling a bit dehydrated, then swoop in for the attack. But Aquaman is significantly stronger, so the fight shifts to his advantage if he can grab Hawkman. I would give Aquaman the majority for a straight rumble.
    I just assumed scenario one involved some sort of unbreakable fishing line attaching them to each other :P

If that's not the case, I will be very disappointed!
    - big_adventure

Has there been anything definitive on the state of current Aquaman's telepathy or lack thereof?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Has there been anything definitive on the state of current Aquaman's telepathy or lack thereof?
    Dunno, but any feats are probably pretty fishy.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Dunno, but any feats are probably pretty fishy.
    Oh for Cod’s sake, I’ve halibut enough of this, and I won’t be herring any more of it. Get off your perch - it’s not your plaice to make fish puns.

See, it's only fair for the second post to come in before noting hating you all.

BANNED

His telepathy is retconed to be coming from a metaphysical energy called 'life force' and he used it to save some soldiers in Justice League 32 so his "death" hasn't affected it as far as I know.

See, it's only fair for the second post to come in before noting hating you all.
    It’s what we live for.