Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, going to be honest, the Canaries have never been my favorites on the show - outside of everyone else's least favorite it seems, Laurel I've just always liked, even the alt-universe one. Hope Black Siren has a big role in this.
    Thea and Roy would've been my picks for a new series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I saw Mia Smoak and tapped out. Interested dead.
    Had the same reaction. I would have preferred something like Zantanna if the CW feels the need for yet another comic book based show. Nothing I have heard about this interests me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Agreed. Caity brings something to the table that the other Canaries lack- an extended history of dance and I think martial arts. She's able to do most of her own stunts, which makes her fights more believable.
    There are videos of her doing some pretty good parkour out there, too.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I do my viewing on Netflix so I don't know yet who Mia Smoak is other than obviously related to Felicity Smoak. The concept sounds interesting. I assume this is Earth 2 Laurel Lance. Glad to see Dinah Drake stick around and get her own show. I kind of wish it could involve Sarah Lance but I prefer she stay part of Legends.

I can see where setting it in the future has its pros and cons. Basically, not really existing in the same time period as the other shows but that's both a pro and a con. Considering that the Flash can time travel and that's the whole premise of Legends, I suppose crossovers still may happen.
    Power with Girl is better.

I never hated Harkavy; I merely hated why she was brought in.

If they do this, I can't imagine they'll set it in the future. Why would Juliana and Katie want to put on old age makeup every week? I could see it as some of the future characters are displaced in the past after the Crisis, and we have Mia as the new Green Arrow in the present.

I'd love for Willa to join the cast, though I doubt that would ever happen.
    As I said, I'd love to see Sara there but not at the expense of Legends ending or her leaving it.

Are there specific reasons why Willa would be unlikely to be there? I realize she was written out of the season currently playing on Netflix.
    Power with Girl is better.

Retired

Maybe Sara Lance could be the Oscar Goldman of the Arrowverse and appear on all the shows.

Interesting how the Arrowverse’s success mirrors the DCAU.
    Start with the grounded powerless vigilante (BTAS, Arrow)
    When that’s successful spinoff to the super powered maybe slightly more optimistic heroes (STAS, Static Shock, Flash, Supergirl)
    Then build up to a team up show, using characters built up on the first couple of shows (Justice League, Legends of Tomorrow)
    And finally a show about the offspring of the original grounded powerless vigilante, set in the future (Batman Beyond, whatever this is)

Anyone else annoyed that some of the articles about this series are basically "Arrow not dead after all, spinoff announced?"

Um hello, its called the Arrowverse. Flash is a spinoff of Arrow. Legends is mostly a spinoff of Arrow. Batwoman is a spinoff of Arrow and Flash.

The Arrowverse lives one as long as any of these shows are still on.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Earth-2 Laurel was a great villain, loved her as Black Siren.

But I really think that her redemption arc (and transitioning into Black Canary) just wasn't done well at all.

But hey, maybe she'll convince me in this series.
    Yeah, they were kinda of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Katie Cassidy is gorgeous but she is a horrible actress and pretty much everything they tried failed as a result.

The thread title still keeps making me think this is a spin off with Ollie and Felicity living in the Canary Isles.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Yeah, they were kinda of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Katie Cassidy is gorgeous but she is a horrible actress and pretty much everything they tried failed as a result.
    Uh no they didn’t really try to make it work. They made her BC in a long convoluted process that turned some people against her before it even started. Them they killed her because of a stupid grave ide they didn’t know who was in it. And then there was the groveling to the Olicity people.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    As I said, I'd love to see Sara there but not at the expense of Legends ending or her leaving it.

Are there specific reasons why Willa would be unlikely to be there? I realize she was written out of the season currently playing on Netflix.
    Just my take on it, but starting in Season 4 Willa steadily decreased the amount of time she was on Arrow, to finally asking for her release in season 6. I get the impression that she was burned with how her character was treated, and possibly she was promised an arc that got cut way down, and she didn't want to put up with that anymore.

Lets face it- no character on Arrow ended up where they were expecting they'd end up back when the show started. They moved away from their original ideas once they made Felicity a regular. And that's not a knock on the character or on Emily, that's just a fact.

Retired

I don't blame Katie Cassidy for the unevenness of her performances. Every season they seem to change their mind about what character they want her to play. I think she is a better actor than Caity Lotz--if she's given a chance. She just never was.

If, in the second season of ARROW, Laurel had taken a dark turn and become the Black Siren in opposition to the Hood that would have got us where we ended up. Maybe if they combine all the Earths, there will be an amalgamated Black Siren who always was Sara's sister.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    I can't blame her as an actress. From season 6- on the writing for her was terrible. You can go with her partnering up with Chase, but then instead of making her a big bad, they just kept making her a relatively ineffective henchwoman who suddenly developed daddy issues and attached herself to the strongest man around. You could be Meryl Streep and still fall flat acting wise trying to get around that character.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Interesting how the Arrowverse’s success mirrors the DCAU.
    Start with the grounded powerless vigilante (BTAS, Arrow)
    When that’s successful spinoff to the super powered maybe slightly more optimistic heroes (STAS, Static Shock, Flash, Supergirl)
    Then build up to a team up show, using characters built up on the first couple of shows (Justice League, Legends of Tomorrow)
    And finally a show about the offspring of the original grounded powerless vigilante, set in the future (Batman Beyond, whatever this is)
    Batman Beyond actually was before Justice League.

Just my take on it, but starting in Season 4 Willa steadily decreased the amount of time she was on Arrow, to finally asking for her release in season 6. I get the impression that she was burned with how her character was treated, and possibly she was promised an arc that got cut way down, and she didn't want to put up with that anymore.

Lets face it- no character on Arrow ended up where they were expecting they'd end up back when the show started. They moved away from their original ideas once they made Felicity a regular. And that's not a knock on the character or on Emily, that's just a fact.
    I think the show definitely took a fairly noticeable shift when they bumped up Felicity's importance, especially when they made her the main love interest.