Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Arrow successor focusing on the Canaries confirmed

Yeah, you read that right

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/arr...203347438/amp/

Man, I'm SO glad that these 3 amazing actresses won't be jobless after Arrow ending
    Especially happy for Juliana Harkavy. I know many people hate her character, but I always thought her to be the best Canary.

So, is this gonna be exclusively set in the future? And who else do you think will return?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, you read that right

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/arr...203347438/amp/

Man, I'm SO glad that these 3 amazing actresses won't be jobless after Arrow ending
    Especially happy for Juliana Harkavy. I know many people hate her character, but I always thought her to be the best Canary.

So, is this gonna be exclusively set in the future? And who else do you think will return?
    Colton Haynes as Roy
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I never hated Harkavy; I merely hated why she was brought in.

If they do this, I can't imagine they'll set it in the future. Why would Juliana and Katie want to put on old age makeup every week? I could see it as some of the future characters are displaced in the past after the Crisis, and we have Mia as the new Green Arrow in the present.

I'd love for Willa to join the cast, though I doubt that would ever happen.

Is this the Birds of Prey show we were denied for so long :P?

I don't really care about Mia and I'm not sure I'd feel this Arrow spinoff with two Black Canaries. Maybe give us something new...

Retired

The greatest Canary of them all in the Arrowverse is Sara Lance. I like all the other actresses--but Caity Lotz brings something to her action scenes that is just in another category from the rest of them. To make a TV show about the Canaries and leave her out makes no sense to me.

Even though I love LEGENDS OF TOMORROW--with all the changes on that show and Ray Palmer leaving--I'd be fine with this being its final season and Caity going on to join the other Canaries in a new show.

I wonder who the villains are gonna be?

Maybe they can do some proper Green Arrow villains this time. Count Vertigo please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The greatest Canary of them all in the Arrowverse is Sara Lance. I like all the other actresses--but Caity Lotz brings something to her action scenes that is just in another category from the rest of them. To make a TV show about the Canaries and leave her out makes no sense to me.

Even though I love LEGENDS OF TOMORROW--with all the changes on that show and Ray Palmer leaving--I'd be fine with this being its final season and Caity going on to join the other Canaries in a new show.

Agreed. Caity brings something to the table that the other Canaries lack- an extended history of dance and I think martial arts. She's able to do most of her own stunts, which makes her fights more believable.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Agreed. Caity brings something to the table that the other Canaries lack- an extended history of dance and I think martial arts. She's able to do most of her own stunts, which makes her fights more believable.
    Not to mention when she was the Canary she wore her jacket like comic Black Canary did.

As much as I love Sara in Legends, I agree that she was fantastic as the Canary.
    Laurel was a really weak replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    As much as I love Sara in Legends, I agree that she was fantastic as the Canary.
    Laurel was a really weak replacement.
    I don't think it helped that they just didn't really write Laurel very well, and barely did anything with her once she became Black Canary.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    I wonder who the villains are gonna be?

Maybe they can do some proper Green Arrow villains this time. Count Vertigo please.
    Cheshire, Lady Shiva

Eh, going to be honest, the Canaries have never been my favorites on the show - outside of everyone else's least favorite it seems, Laurel I've just always liked, even the alt-universe one. Hope Black Siren has a big role in this.
    Thea and Roy would've been my picks for a new series.

Earth-2 Laurel was a great villain, loved her as Black Siren.

But I really think that her redemption arc (and transitioning into Black Canary) just wasn't done well at all.

But hey, maybe she'll convince me in this series.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I saw Mia Smoak and tapped out. Interested dead.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I saw Mia Smoak and tapped out. Interested dead.
    Hopefully it will be a split storyline with her in the future. Then half the show can be good. I have my iPad for the other half.