Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    While I agree with most of what you said, I disagree about her having better chemistry with Stephen than Emily did. To me at least, them together always felt a bit forced, and their characters worked much better as friends, whereas Oliver and Felicity clicked immediately. That's why they made Emily a regular.
    Although I think the only one who had genuine romantic chemistry with him was Sara/Caity Lotz.

I honestly think Katie Cassidy just started to shine after the introduction of Earth-2 Laurel.
    Despite the shoddy redemption arc in Season 6, she is just superior to Earth-1 Laurel in every way, shape or form.

The original Laurel was just such an inconsistent "the writers don't know what the hell to do with her" mess of a character most of the time.

Incredible Member

Agreed. I like Black Siren More than Laurel, I love Dinah and I like Mia, so I expecting this show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Colton Haynes as Roy
    Nah he's racist

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    While I agree with most of what you said, I disagree about her having better chemistry with Stephen than Emily did. To me at least, them together always felt a bit forced, and their characters worked much better as friends, whereas Oliver and Felicity clicked immediately. That's why they made Emily a regular.
    See, for me, Oliver and Felicity had ZERO chemistry in the romantic department. Felicity's actress is charismatic as all hell, and absolutely stole the show when she was utilized as a side character with a crush. But I can never believe Felicity and Ollie as a couple. He has more romantic chemistry with Diggle than Felicity.

Plus Felicity was utterly destroyed as a character after about the middle of S3. Love the actress, but the character needed to be off the show years ago, she was an anchor around it's neck.

On the subject of Laurel, I feel like the writers never had a clue how to write her until Black Siren. Katie Cassidy just looks like she's so much more energized and having fun playing the Earth 2 version than she ever did as Earth 1 Laurel. (And she absolutely rocks the S8 look. Damn.)

As for this spin off, I'll sample it at least. Cassidy, Harkavy and McNamara all on screen at once? It will at least be easy on the eyes while we see how the writing turns out.
    Last edited by ZeroBG82; 10-17-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Retired

Well as long as Cassidy and Harkavy don't have to play old versions of themselves like they did in the flash forwards for season 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Nah he's racist
    Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Wait, what?
    He once wore blackface while cosplaying as Kanye West.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    He once wore blackface while cosplaying as Kanye West.
    Nah it was multiple times

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I think the writing was on the wall with how long it was taking and now COVID.

I guess this truly is the end of Arrow.

Glad we wasted an episode on the last season of a show for that.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Glad we wasted an episode on the last season of a show for that.
    Will we ever find out what happened to William? I guess not...

The show having to take place in the future was always going to be problematic. It seemed odd they didn't just stick Mia in the present day. Now I want her to guest star on "The Flash" every now and then. Or actually give her and Wally a show together...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The show having to take place in the future was always going to be problematic. It seemed odd they didn't just stick Mia in the present day. Now I want her to guest star on "The Flash" every now and then. Or actually give her and Wally a show together...
    Yeah- future Star City looked just like every other city in the Arrowverse, but with some fancy tech dotted around here and there. Basically, it looked lame.

I never really liked the flash-forwards. And I didn't really did the backdoor pilot. It was obvious that they wanted to continue the Green Arrow, they wanted to make it Oliver's kid, and the only way they could do that was to go into the future. And if they wanted to do that, they should have introduced Mia on Legends and had her be a member of the team for a season, like the season before Crisis, so that when Crisis rolled around, she'd be on hand.

It sucks for the cast- I loved all three actresses and the actor that played William (really didn't care for the male leads). I hope we get to see them again in other shows, and I hope we at least get a comic showing what happened to William.