Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Glad we wasted an episode on the last season of a show for that.
    More like a good chunk of screen time for an already truncated season. Such a waste. But it was time. We have had Green Arrow ish for nearly a decade. Lets bring forth other characters and do new stories with them.

I just hope it will be somewhat resolved via a comic.....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Glad we wasted an episode on the last season of a show for that.
    That's what happens sometimes, Supernatural's done this at least twice.

The more I think about it, the less I like the premise.

As I said before, they wanted a new Green Arrow, and they wanted it to be Oliver's kid. And they wanted it to be a female lead, so that means his daughter. But to do that, they HAD to go to the future.

Where it really falls apart is bringing in the Canaries. They wanted to do something with Laurel and Dinah, but neither actress would want to be under ghoul makeup for an entire season. So they had to bring their present day selves to the future. Laurel being dropped off by Sara, I could buy. Dinah just one day appearing in the future with no explanation given was lame. And how did she buy a club? Where did her money come from?

More and more, I think this is what they should have done:

- The season 7 flash-forwards should have been during Season 6. The future bad guys plot would revolve around technology that they scavenged from the remains of the Time Bureau. We still get Mia, adult William, and Connor.
    - At the end of Season 6, because of something to do with the Time Bureau tech, the three of them end up stranded on the Waverider, and are for some reason unable to return to their future.
    - Season 4 of Legends happens differently. The mystery becomes why the three can't get home. The stuff with Constantine becomes less camp, more gothic horror. Legends does not turn into a comedy show.
    - At the end of season 4, it's revealed that their future was destroyed by a mysterious red wave.
    - As season 8 of Arrow happens, Sara learns about what Oliver is doing and brings the kids to him. He tells them about the coming Crisis, and the three then have their roles to play, just as they did on the show (well, Mia and William. What DID Connor do, anyway?).
    - After the reset, the future isn't set and the three are now people out of time. But Mia decides to take up the hood to honor her father, and becomes the new Green Arrow in the PRESENT.

Boom. Done. You set up your spin-off in the present day, no more timey-whimey shenanigans, and your production costs get cut way down because you don't have to try and make Vancouver look like the future.

Oh well. At least I know one episode I can skip in a rewatch.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The flash forward felt something that was destined to fail. None of the future characters were likable and the present characters still alive to be around were more ineffective than usual.

I don't know if it's just me but I felt they wanted to fix the Canary legacy with this show to try to fix a character they've utterly destroyed throughout the series whole run.

It really had felt like a weak premise from the get go. So seeing it pulled isn't a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The flash forward felt something that was destined to fail. None of the future characters were likable and the present characters still alive to be around were more ineffective than usual.

I don't know if it's just me but I felt they wanted to fix the Canary legacy with this show to try to fix a character they've utterly destroyed throughout the series whole run.
    I got that impression, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

The funny thing is if they really wanted to "fix" Black Canary... they just had "Crisis" where reality was rewritten...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The funny thing is if they really wanted to "fix" Black Canary... they just had "Crisis" where reality was rewritten...
    That makes too much sense for the Arrow show runners.