Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah-during the prequel era, the EU went a bit retcon crazy because a lot of the material contradicted what was established about the war in Zahn's novels, among others.

-I think of the Quinlan Vos issues dealt with the Noghri catastrophe from the books.
    -The Jango Fett comic miniseries tried to resolve the continuity issue about Boba Fett being "Jaster Mereel" (Although the storyline about his wife and stuff remained intact and was incorporated into Legacy of the Force).
    -Zahn wrote a clone Wars story trying to explain where the Spaarti stuff fit within the wars....
    -The Darth Bane novels tried to explain why the Republic had a military in the "Tales of the Jedi" and "Knights of the Old Republic" stuff but seems to have not much except the Jedi and local system fleets by the time of the prequels (Hence the need for a new army), and also why Palpatine and others seem to imply the Republic is only a thousand years old. I think the explanation is that basically Ruusan (The big Jedi/Sith conflict that left the Sith "extinct") was so bad the Republic pretty much had to start from scratch.
    Yeah, heard about some of them and read a few. Some worked, others I thought were so convoluted that I think they should've just said "not canon" and been done with it. (Case in point, like how in Legends, they tried to cobble together the different accounts of who stole the Death Star plans into one "they all had parts of it" mess, while canon just said: "here's what happened, the other stories aren't the "real" versions.")

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    The Force Awakens was good when it came to toys, The Last Jedi... not so much
    We have had years for the other movies to build up their lines and all that. In any event, say TLJ did have a weaker toy line; it could happen and I doubt it's going to affect the movie's status long-term.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 10-04-2019 at 10:20 AM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)