Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
I think what Lucas argument is that he still put his art and effort to star wars and the fans acknowledged that despite their views on the 6 films.
Wow, not my experience with prequel hate (and ROTJ hate before it). I do think Internet fans are better about the prequels (you're more likely to find people willing to discuss what they did right and "ruined my childhood" isn't flung around as much) and I have always believed that the prequels were a good showcase of Lucas's skills with visual storytelling (whatever flaws the script and acting/actor's direction they may have). But still, Lucas was one of the most hated people in Star Wars by the fans and it wasn't because he was a nasty guy. (Am I the only one who remembers the adage that the people who hated Star Wars the most were Star Wars fans?)

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
Lucas does not see disney star wars as having any king of art or real film making effort. he thinks of it as just a mass product for making money, hence the white slavers comments.
Then what do we make of his saying that TLJ was "beautifully made"?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
That funny because Gary Kurtz left Star Wars after Empire because he said that George was more focused on selling toys than making quality movies.

He said that pretty much Jedi was rewrote for a more mass commercial appeal. Oddly enough some of the Force Awakens takes off of the original ideas of what Jedi was going to be.
I think he did both, if that makes any sense.