Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

The Prequal trilogy are obviously better than the ST, but at the same, they were also superior to the OT as well. They were the purest conception of George Lucas's vision and because of that, every scene is pure, distilled genius.

Disney is just a hack company, they are a conveyor belt of garbage. Moana was good and some of their other animated flicks are okay, but the rest is just trash.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    While I hate TLJ I'll take TFW, Solo, and Rogue One over all Prequels.

Also Lucas called Disney White Slavers and said they threw out his ideas for the sequels when TFA came out this is really old news not some revelation.

The white slavers comment was him saying, Disney does not give people freedom to make movies. we already know this from the marvel movies but if he felt that way, why sell to Disney then insult them by calling them white slavers? Lucas is also to blame.

As for the prequels, I prefer them, the prequels stories were not boring. This new movies have boring stories. the prequels still had heart, this new movies have no heart.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanBlueThunder View Post
    Particularly when George's ideas centered around the midi-chlorians, which as he explained were microbiotic and a conduit to the Whils. I felt like Clone Wars did a decent job fixing some early issues with the prequels and how the Force was explained (particularly with regard to the Ones from Mortis), so I can understand why Disney would want to move away from midi-cholorians. I would have preferred if Luke was there in TFA to explain the mysticism of the Force, but that didn't happen--I'm just glad we didn't get an Episode 7 with Luke showing a young jedi a microscope while carrying on with pseudo-science exposition.

The timing is a bit odd, but I'm still super excited for Episode 9 (and The Mandalorian as well).
    If Disney did not want to use the midi-cholorians, they should have just used the expanded universe novels. looking at how they wrote Luke in last jedi, the novels of him having a wife and kids does not see seem far fetched now.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I really dislike the sequel trilogy so far, but you're delusional if you think the last episode will fail. It's going to be huge at the box office just like the last two episodes and heck, I bet there will be a ton of people who will absolutely love it just like there were for the last two.

The idea that these are universally, or even majorly disliked is a fallacy.
    I doubt it would flop but a significant amount of people have already made up their minds it will be bad, you don't understand why I brought up dark phoenix. the director of that movie had a string of been in a list of disastrous comic movies.star wars is on that level now. JJ Abrams must be shitting in his pants , not only by trying to clean the dirty water of last jedi but now getting a thumps down from lucas, a person he admires.

I almost feel bad for him, but serves him right, he wasted Han Solo and Luke in Force Awakens.

Incredible Member

I can't fathom why Bob Iger put this info out now? Like he wanted to throw fuel on the fire regarding Disney's handling of Star Wars, months before the new (and probably most important) movie comes out? Does he want to make sure JJ and company get hit with some more awkward questions?

He's Bob freakin' Iger, it's not like he really needs to goose his book sales with another juicy tidbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    The white slavers comment was him saying, Disney does not give people freedom to make movies. we already know this from the marvel movies but if he felt that way, why sell to Disney then insult them by calling them white slavers? Lucas is also to blame.

As for the prequels, I prefer them, the prequels stories were not boring. This new movies have boring stories. the prequels still had heart, this new movies have no heart.

If Disney did not want to use the midi-cholorians, they should have just used the expanded universe novels. looking at how they wrote Luke in last jedi, the novels of him having a wife and kids does not see seem far fetched now.

I doubt it would flop but a significant amount of people have already made up their minds it will be bad, you don't understand why I brought up dark phoenix. the director of that movie had a string of been in a list of disastrous comic movies.star wars is on that level now. JJ Abrams must be shitting in his pants , not only by trying to clean the dirty water of last jedi but now getting a thumps down from lucas, a person he admires.

I almost feel bad for him, but serves him right, he wasted Han Solo and Luke in Force Awakens.
    Lol here we go again....

JJ Abrams just signed a massive deal to come work for WBs exclusively. Rumors are he will get the next crack at Superman. But you think hes shitting his pants. The movie divisive or not will make over a billion and JJ will go on to make another block buster

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol here we go again....

JJ Abrams just signed a massive deal to come work for WBs exclusively. Rumors are he will get the next crack at Superman. But you think hes shitting his pants. The movie divisive or not will make over a billion and JJ will go on to make another block buster
    Abrams lets criticisms gets to him. JJ wants so badly for people to love his star wars movies.

Its good that he signed with WB to make Superman, that will be our chance to really see if he is a very talented film maker or not. We can't judge him from his own directed star wars movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I can't fathom why Bob Iger put this info out now? Like he wanted to throw fuel on the fire regarding Disney's handling of Star Wars, months before the new (and probably most important) movie comes out? Does he want to make sure JJ and company get hit with some more awkward questions?

He's Bob freakin' Iger, it's not like he really needs to goose his book sales with another juicy tidbit.
    I have the same thoughts too, if that is his plan, it is working . you need to see all the youtube fan videos that have been made to say... ''I told you so, we all hate this new star wars films and lucas does too''
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-25-2019 at 01:26 AM.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

His Star Wars movies are better than the NuTrek films.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Not Beyond IMO that was a good Trek film and good film first Kelvin film to truly feel like proper Trek again IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Not Beyond IMO that was a good Trek film and good film first Kelvin film to truly feel like proper Trek again IMO.
    I agree that Beyond was good and most in the spirit of the franchise, but I did like TFA better. That said, Abrams didn't actually direct Beyond.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    George Lucas lost the mission a long time ago.

The sequel movies are not as good as the original trilogy, but leaps and bounds better than the prequels.
    Debating whether the Disney sequals are worse than the Lucas prequals is sort of like debating whether or not its worse to get shot in the arm or the leg. Sucks either way.

I probably dislike the Last Jedi more than any of the prequals... but I probably like Rogue Squadron better than any of the prequals. Overall I'd say it probably balances out.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Debating whether the Disney sequals are worse than the Lucas prequals is sort of like debating whether or not its worse to get shot in the arm or the leg. Sucks either way.

I probably dislike the Last Jedi more than any of the prequals... but I probably like Rogue Squadron better than any of the prequals. Overall I'd say it probably balances out.
    You mean Rogue One? I think Rogue Squadron was an old tie-in novel.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    You mean Rogue One? I think Rogue Squadron was an old tie-in novel.
    Rogue one. My bad.

We'll never see how Lucas saw this happening in terms of story, but the whole Whils thing seems like a horrible idea to me...

I can understand why Abrams et al dropped most of Lucas's concepts - regardless of what they thought of the concepts themselves, Abrams had to make his movie - one that made sense to him from top to bottom. Incorporating Lucas's ideas would never be as realized as Lucas wanted them unless you bring him in to direct or produce. It would have been ill-advised for a director like Abrams to just take a bunch of notes or an outline and try to make a movie out of it if he didn't fully embrace those ideas.

Ultimate Member

I have the same thoughts too, if that is his plan, it is working . you need to see all the youtube fan videos that have been made to say... ''I told you so, we all hate this new star wars films and lucas does too''

And to me it's worst because of what John Boyega & poor Kelly Marie Tran had to deal with. That is not being mindful of what they dealt with. Because there were folks acting BEYOND normal fan behavior to the point I know folks who didn't go to see the films out of fear of VIOLENCE.
    Not to mention the folks who have no interest in seeing the film but love to troll-are going to join in.

I can't fathom why Bob Iger put this info out now?
    Only reasons I could see is-you don't expect that film to make the profit you EXPECT-so you toss this nugget out to excuse lower than expected profit.

Or this is a work to get Lucas's name out there because he has some new project coming.

This is NOT by accident it coming out.

I wouldn't say all previous concepts were totally discarded-the concept of Luke and an ancient Jedi temple is pretty much intact from what is known of George's story notes, and was one of the earliest concept artwork I think.

Also Rogue One is largely a revised version of a script that was going to be used for the TV show, as well as unproduced episodes of Clone Wars that would've dwelved into the Death Star's origins. Although not exactly Lucas's work they were both under his Lucasfilm.

George I think also had a bit of input on "Solo"-it was partially directed by an old friend, after all-and some of the storyline is based on his own notes on the character back in the 70s, where he stated that Han was an Imperial pilot/soldier before his smuggling days.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Very interesting development here from Bob Iger. Apparently George Lucas was not happy Disney did not follow his ideas for the sequels, Lucas also thinks what many fans have also said, Episode 7 was a copy of A new hope.

https://www.gamesradar.com/george-lu...gy-7-bob-iger/

If Lucas felt this way about Episode 7, I wonder how he felt about Episode 8: The Last Jedi. Well, I think this means JJ Abrams must not truly be a talented film maker. I also think Lucas comments are ill timed. It's the last quarter of the year and the momentum for episode 9 has started to build, this is just gong to rile up people and push further negativity before episode 9 gets any fair chance.

Also why is Lucas feeling so betrayed, was there not a contract he signed to make sure that his stories were not discarded?
    Unless I'm reading something incorrectly, Lucas didn't complain publicly. Iger included this bit of news in his up coming book. So it's not as if Luca is being unprofessional and whinging in the media. As a creator of Lucas has every right to voice his dissatisfaction. Authors do it all the time.

But from the article you posted above it seems as if Johnson used some of Lucas's points in TLJ, Luke training Rey (whose original name was Kira) and the force being in nature.