Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I hope shes playing some high political role or something.
    I wanna see more of her outside of that damn closet no space place!!
    I think she is playing everybody, including Xavier, Apocalypse and who knows if not the evil scientist and nimrod too.

Moira and her beau Apocalypse:
    Moira 2019-10-02 185057.jpg
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Moira and her beau Apocalypse:
    Moira 2019-10-02 185057.jpg
    They look cool, I like Banshee too but I feel like Hickman is an apocalypse fan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Geez, this theme is popular...

BANNED

I hope we get a mini to follow through her other lives in wave 2.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #125 Sep 1979
    "There's Something Awful on Muir Island!" First appearance of Mutant X (Proteus)
    On Muir Island, Moira MacTaggert is testing out Jean/Phoenix’s abilities to learn the upper limits of her expanded powers.
    Moira is disturbed at the seemingly limitless amount of energy the Phoenix can generate.

After correlating some data, Moira hypothesizes that, after saving the universe from the effects of the M'Kraan Crystal,
    Jean had subconsciously created her own mental barriers to keep her powers at a manageable level.
    Now, however, they seem to be returning to their cosmic level and Moira would like to know why.

Moira’s theorizing prompts Jean to recall the events that transformed her into the Phoenix
    and then the events that brought her to Muir Island following the supposed deaths of the X-Men.

The X-Men are alive and well, however, and believe that Jean is the one who died as well as the Beast.
    At that same time, they are undertaking a training session in the Danger Room.
    Wolverine attempts to help Colossus but is neutralized while an overconfident Nightcrawler is taken down by a sonic attack.
    After it’s over, Cyclops chews them out for their poor performance until Wolverine loses his temper over “playing games" and storms off.
    Cyclops laments to Storm that he’s uncertain the new X-Men, who still don’t function as a cohesive unit, will ever work as well together as
    the original team did because the disparate members were all brought together as adults rather than as teenagers as the original team were,
    and are each so strong-willed in their own ways that it’s hard for them to truly cooperate.

In orbit around Earth is Asteroid M, Magneto’s secret hideout. He is still recovering from injuries sustained in his last battle with the X-Men.
    While reviewing his computer records of his previous battles with the original team,
    he accidentally accesses an old data file on his late wife Magda.
    Seeing her face causes him to recall the painful memory of the death of their child child at the hands of bigoted peasants,
    as well as how Magda fled from him in fear when he used his powers to avenge their daughter.
    He deletes the file so that he does not have to relive the memories again.

Meanwhile, the mysterious man named Jason Wyngarde, a mutant himself,
    has been slowly molding the mind of Jean Grey since he first met her.
    He has been stalking her throughout her extended stay in Europe, taking on different guises
    and accessing her mind in order to plant the seeds for his plans to transform her into the Black Queen of the Hellfire Club.

On Muir Isle, Jean seems to briefly fall into a trance while Jason is thinking of her. Lorna snaps her out of it however
    and Jean uses her powers to instantaneously transform her clothes several times as she pirouettes around the room.

In Moira's lab, Moira pores over the data and ponders the fact that Jean has been granted powers akin to a god.
    Profoundly disturbed, she wonders where Charles Xavier may be and wishes he would come back.

Xavier is in the Shi'ar galaxy as Lilandra's consort. While she is attending to matters of the imperial court,
    Xavier who, by Shi’ar standards, is like “the village idiot” checks out holographic
    records of the X-Men’s previous adventures in this galaxy. Xavier had never been fully briefed on the events
    and only just realizes how much power that Jean/Phoenix wielded during the adventure with the M’Kraan Crystal.
    As Moira already has, Xavier realizes that Jean’s new powers are likely far too vast for her to control for long.
    He prepares to return to Earth immediately.

Back on Muir Island, Moira steps on a gold tooth. Examining it, she becomes alarmed
    and rushes to Mutant X’s containment chamber. She reacts in horror at what she finds there.

Elsewhere on the island, Jean - using her powers to shield herself from the cold of Muir Isle - passes by Jamie and Alex.
    Upon entering Moira’s research facility, Jean detects an intruder in the vicinity. Changing into her costume,
    she begins searching for the intruder when suddenly she finds herself seemingly transported back in time to the Victorian era for a brief moment.
    She snaps back to reality when someone jumps her from behind. Looking into her
    attacker’s face, she screams in terror. Alex and Madrox hear her and run to investigate.

Back at the X-Mansion, the Beast drops by to check out the school.
    He’d left sensors in place to alert him of any possible intruders, which have gone off since the X-Men returned.
    He is stunned to find the X-Men whom he’d believed were dead very much alive - and vice versa.
    Explanations are made all around and he informs them that Jean is alive as well and visiting Muir Isle.
    While Cyclops places a call to Muir Isle, Beast departs to check in at Avenger’s Mansion
    and inform them he’ll be traveling with the X-Men to Scotland as well He doesn’t want to miss out on the reunion.

Lorna answers Scott’s call and tells him there is a security situation going on at the island.
    However, before she can explain further, Lorna is attacked by some strange being that has a need for her.
    The last thing Cyclops hears before the line goes dead is Lorna's screams.

Story by Chris Claremont and John Byrne. Art by John Byrne and Terry Austin.

Moira's power seems like a nightmare to me. Specially because all her lifes end badly but even without that reincarnating on the same time and body should be boring

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Moira's power seems like a nightmare to me. Specially because all her lifes end badly but even without that reincarnating on the same time and body should be boring
    I can imagine she is super depressed by now. I think Moira would be grateful if there was a way to end it and stop the resets. On the other hand I think she feels obligated to protect mutants as best as she can. Destiny charged her with using her life resets to save mutants and I think Moira has taken that feeling to an extreme point. She even found a way to live 1000 years just so she could figure out how to stop the human/machine ascendancy and if there was a way to stop it at all.

BANNED

She was the star of Powers of X #6. Now to hope future artists bring back the iconique bobcut.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    She was the star of Powers of X #6. Now to hope future artists bring back the iconique bobcut.
    I like new stylish Moira, she's cute. Bring on the stylish outfits and floppy hats, I am all in.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I like new stylish Moira, she's cute. Bring on the stylish outfits and floppy hats, I am all in.
    Me too, she looks so much better now

BANNED

We need a Moira solo with more details of her previous lives. What do you guys think?

Moira solo for Wave 2 seems inevitable

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    We need a Moira solo with more details of her previous lives. What do you guys think?
    I really want to see her life with Apocalypse. I have never wanted a miniseries more than that. I just think it could be as good as Age of Apocalypse if it is written well.

Magneto War would be fun too, just kind of tragic. And the Faraway colony.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Agreed. There must be someone who can be a counterbalance to Sinister.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-11-2019 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.