Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member

Default Confusing line. Age of Ultron. Is Reed Richards Christian? Jewish? Probably not.

Just checking.

During Age of Ultron there's a flashback where Hank Pym, Tony Stark and Reed Richards are working on Vision while discussing Ultron. They discuss regrets. Hank Pym mentions he fantasizes about going back in time and stopping himself from making Ultron.

Eventually the dialog gets around to Reed Richards saying "Yeah but then you'd need to go back in time and kill Hitler. Then you might as well go back to the Garden of Eden and smack that apple out of Eve's hand. Where does it end?"

Now he's probably just looking for a convenient go to example for the first human mistake that affected human history. But I'm surprised that New York based progressives writing a genius scientist character would have him give a biblical example alongside a historical example as though they were equivalent. I would assume that they would assume that all smart scientists are dogmatically atheist (though I know scientists who aren't in real life). Is Reed supposed to be Christian or is that just an odd choice for a character we can assume is atheist like all scientist characters written by progressives?
    Last edited by KingDragonlord; 09-24-2019 at 05:51 PM.