Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

They couldn’t use the gates because they were in hostile territory, not because they couldn’t physically go through.
    Bingo bango.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I seriously can't wait for this issue lol Hickman tackling mutant economics within the context of the wider MU. All while apocalypse looks intimidating and sexy

Also can we take the time to really appreciate that the Dawn of X books seem to follow each other chronologically? Like the me that appreciates clear continuity is giddy af. Hopefully they can keep up with it as long as possible but of course scheduling issues will arise.
    Same. Cohesiveness is gloriousness.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

First appearance of }...A...{ 's chihuahua.

Extraordinary Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...et-theory/amp/

Has anyone else seen this?

This could explain a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...et-theory/amp/

Has anyone else seen this?

This could explain a lot.
    It's certainly a theory that's been going around and we know the X-Office has admitted to lying to us. Here's one of White's comments on today's "X-Men Monday" in regards to Scott:

Jordan: I think this is part of the big shift that has happened for mutantkind—for a long time, they had no choice but for their focus to be on survival. What they have on Krakoa has completely changed the game. They are coming from a completely different place. They are operating from victory. There is time for family, there is time for culture, for imagination, for magic. Scott has a job to do, yes, and it’s vitally important for the continued existence of his nation… but it’s operating on the national and global scale. He can go home at the end of the day and rest because he believes that mutants are inevitable.

So we'll have to see how things unfold. But Krakoa is a living mutant so there's going to be intricacies about him and constantly newly discovered features and details, which I think makes for great storytelling. Personally I don't think it's a "trap" but I also don't think it's all roses and rainbows. He's alive and will continue to evolve. In the meantime, some of us are having a blast.

Why does everything always need to be viewed as something horrific and just “a trap in the making?” Are we just ignoring the whole interview that Hickman did where he said this cynical view is something that won’t come to fruition?? X-Force spelled out that the peace is making mutants soft, not some kind of Krakoan mastermind plot to destroy/eat all mutants. It’s also made clear in the Fallen Angels preview, where the entity that draws Kwannon’s attention says that she’s either in the bosom of Xavier’s peace, not Krakoa.
    Last edited by Tycon; 11-11-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Why does everything always need to be viewed as something horrific and just “a trap in the making?” Are we just ignoring the whole interview that Hickman did where he said this cynical viewpoints is something that won’t come to fruition?? X-Force spelled out that the peace is making mutants soft, not some kind of Krakoan mastermind plot to destroy/eat all mutants. It’s also made clear in the Fallen Angels preview, where the entity that draws Kwannon’s attention says that she’s either in the bosom of Xavier’s peace, not Krakoa.
    You'll have to forgive the PTSD. It's been a rough decade.

Why does everything always need to be viewed as something horrific and just “a trap in the making?” Are we just ignoring the whole interview that Hickman did where he said this cynical view is something that won’t come to fruition?? X-Force spelled out that the peace is making mutants soft, not some kind of Krakoan mastermind plot to destroy/eat all mutants. It’s also made clear in the Fallen Angels preview, where the entity that draws Kwannon’s attention says that she’s either in the bosom of Xavier’s peace, not Krakoa.
    Cognitive dissonance. It seems to be very difficult for people to equate the mutants with peace and victory and happiness.

PTSD indeed, CoCo.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    You'll have to forgive the PTSD. It's been a rough decade.
    The Lost Decade really did a number on us, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    So we'll have to see how things unfold. But Krakoa is a living mutant so there's going to be intricacies about him and constantly newly discovered features and details, which I think makes for great storytelling. Personally I don't think it's a "trap" but I also don't think it's all roses and rainbows. He's alive and will continue to evolve. In the meantime, some of us are having a blast.
    I 100% believe Krakoa is acting in the best interest of mutantkind, but I think these creatures may be a byproduct of making those tumors. Maybe the urgency to hide Moira in these No-Spaces will introduce more deadlier creatures and force Xavier & Magneto to either give up the ruse or risk the island becoming gradually less safe.

Cognitive dissonance. It seems to be very difficult for people to equate the mutants with peace and victory and happiness.

PTSD indeed, CoCo.
    NGL it makes me wonder how this era will be viewed in the future and whether or not this will be kept up. It doesn’t scream ‘temporary’ like Utopia or New Tian did, but it also does much more grandiose things than Morrison’s run and it’s a complete 180 on the franchise. There’ll obviously be major changes through Hickman’s tenure, but I can see Krakoa being a permanent thing akin to Wakanda and Latveria.
    Last edited by Tycon; 11-11-2019 at 10:46 AM.

I 100% believe Krakoa is acting in the best interest of mutantkind, but I think these creatures may be a byproduct of making those tumors. Maybe the urgency to hide Moira in these No-Spaces will introduce more deadlier creatures and force Xavier & Magneto to either give up the ruse or risk the island becoming gradually less safe.

NGL it makes me wonder how this era will be viewed in the future and whether or not this will be kept up. It doesn’t scream ‘temporary’ like Utopia or New Tian did, but it also does much more grandiose things than Morrison’s run and it’s a complete 180 on the franchise. There’ll obviously be major changes through Hickman’s tenure, but I can see Krakoa being a permanent thing akin to Wakanda and Latveria.
    I completely agree and I too want to see Krakoa equated with those nations.

I keep forgetting about the "tumors"! I think Krakoa is a good guy too. I'd love it if they showed the map every few issues and he keeps moving around the globe.

BANNED

Its half part jadedness from the last many years of story half part people who hate the new statu quo and want it to fail being overly negative in the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I completely agree and I too want to see Krakoa equated with those nations.

I keep forgetting about the "tumors"! I think Krakoa is a good guy too. I'd love it if they showed the map every few issues and he keeps moving around the globe.
    It seems really early to do so but with the Cyclops and his kids heading to Arakko, do you think the two islands will merge again? We’re eventually getting an Inferno-type event next year but I wonder if that’ll be something that happens after Krakoa and Arakko re-emerge into Okkara.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Its half part jadedness from the last many years of story half part people who hate the new statu quo and want it to fail being overly negative in the threads.
    I think the problem for me is that I can’t tell if it’s people who actually want to have a discussion over the future of Krakoa or the crowd who H A T E Krakoa and are looking for any reason for it to fail.

BANNED

It seems really early to do so but with the Cyclops and his kids heading to Arakko, do you think the two islands will merge again? We’re eventually getting an Inferno-type event next year but I wonder if that’ll be something that happens after Krakoa and Arakko re-emerge into Okkara.

I think the problem for me is that I can’t tell if it’s people who actually want to have a discussion over the future of Krakoa or the crowd who H A T E Krakoa and are looking for any reason for it to fail.
    I LOVE Krakoa I really want it to succeed. But I agree with you though just seems like some people are looking for reasons for this concept to fail or just nit pick about it.

I have a feeling Hickman is gonna play the long game when it comes to the two islands. I think we'll get bits and pieces here and there, layer by layer such as the Summers' voyage, before the major story comes into play. Or maybe this is a different island entirely.

And you're absolutely right. Peeps want to come in here and kick our festivities in the balls then run away.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    It's not that I hate the new status quo, because even if I find it painfully creepy and wrong, it's certainly something different and allows for tons of speculation. Even if it is creepy and wrong, I can't say that it's bad or even that I want it to fail. I do question if Hickman and company can keep this quality up, but I don't really want it to crash and burn.

What I think is interesting is just how taken with Krakoa some fans are. I mean, I get it, you guys want some good to happen to the X-Men, especially given the past few years which have just been unnecessarily depressing. That's just a fact, there's no debate there. It's just that for those of us pointing out how creepy Krakoa is, we aren't without reason or evidence.

And frankly, just a "good" Krakoa would be really boring for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It's not that I hate the new status quo, because even if I find it painfully creepy and wrong, it's certainly something different and allows for tons of speculation. Even if it is creepy and wrong, I can't say that it's bad or even that I want it to fail. I do question if Hickman and company can keep this quality up, but I don't really want it to crash and burn.

What I think is interesting is just how taken with Krakoa some fans are. I mean, I get it, you guys want some good to happen to the X-Men, especially given the past few years which have just been unnecessarily depressing. That's just a fact, there's no debate there. It's just that for those of us pointing out how creepy Krakoa is, we aren't without reason or evidence.
    I can only speak for myself but I thoroughly enjoyed HOX/POX and the entire idea is so "out there" that I find it exciting. A living island that the mutants can live in harmony with. The world in general can use some light these days so I'm happy to see so many fans enjoying the possibilities of Krakoa.

We've all been reading the books long enough to know that anything can happen but I like the positivity and the enjoyment everyone is sharing. I don't remember the last time the boards had this kind of energy so if that's Krakoa's doing, I tip my hat to ol' cutiepie.

Last edited by JB; 11-11-2019 at 02:25 PM.