Default A Decade of X! (2010 - 2019)

After seeing a post on another forum talking about the changes the X-Men had in the last year alone I decided to have a look back over the last decade.
    Last edited by Mutants_Are-Back; 01-05-2020 at 04:13 AM.

BANNED

A decade in doldrums but with an epic comeback in the final months of the 2019. In a short span, X-Men went from being utterly marginalized to the center of the MU.

That said this decade saw in my view a few classic stories even Pre-Hickman.
    -- There's Ed Piskor's X-Men Grand Design, which raised the X-Men's esteem cred since here's this indie underground artist coming in and celebrating the classic X-Men runs.
    -- Cullen Bunn's Magneto series is awesome, and a celebration of Erik warts and all.
    -- Tom Taylor's X-Men Red which is maybe the greatest Jean Grey story. Jean Grey by herself, not Phoenix, not Mrs. Summers, not Logan's caveman meat, just Jean. And it introduced so many cool ideas and a upbeat tone so rare...one that informs Marauders even.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    A decade in doldrums but with an epic comeback in the final months of the 2019. In a short span, X-Men went from being utterly marginalized to the center of the MU.

That said this decade saw in my view a few classic stories even Pre-Hickman.
    -- There's Ed Piskor's X-Men Grand Design, which raised the X-Men's esteem cred since here's this indie underground artist coming in and celebrating the classic X-Men runs.
    -- Cullen Bunn's Magneto series is awesome, and a celebration of Erik warts and all.
    -- Tom Taylor's X-Men Red which is maybe the greatest Jean Grey story. Jean Grey by herself, not Phoenix, not Mrs. Summers, not Logan's caveman meat, just Jean. And it introduced so many cool ideas and a upbeat tone so rare...one that informs Marauders even.
    I don't think the quality of Red is very good, but it is a qualified product. Especially against Gold and Blue, Red was almost the only x-book worth reading at the time. I'm going to give it 7/10. The art replacement in the middle is very nice, but it is a pity that this work is finished too soon. I think the painter and writer are trying to finish this work as soon as possible at the end, which is a pity. And Jean's uniform at Red looked awful.

The decade the x-books took a leap backwards in diversity.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

The past decade can be summed up with one word: Nostalgia.

Particularly in the second half of the decade, the X-Office got mired in a love affair for the O5 and Claremont era at the expense of every other character. The New X-Men — one of the most diverse teams, one that was selling very well, and the last successful batch of X-kids — were wallpapered after Messiah Complex concluded at the end of the Aughts, breaking the momentum they were developing coming into the new decade. About the only post-90s X-character to retain any lasting traction was X-23 (and even she was faced with an AU Logan taking the spotlight at her highest point). Everything since has doubled-down on the characters who were introduced before the end of the Clinton administration. The new status quo to close out the New Tens HAS NOT CHANGED ANYTHING. It's still the O5/Claremont/Byrne/Lee show.