Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Is Krakoa different from Genosha or Utopia in terms of policies?
    Yes, clothing optional.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yes, clothing optional.
    I think Krakoa is different than both.
    1. Utopia really was kind of a fortress for the few remaining mutants in the world.
    2. Genosha was run entirely by Magneto and his posturing to the world at large was causing a lot of the ill will.

You can see the difference between Krakoa and Genosha right in the choice of who is the face of the country. Erik and Charles convinced Emma Frost to be their diplomatic face. She knows how to play nice with politicians. She knows how to negotiate with business partners and she probably actually knows a fair amount about International Law because she runs a global corporation.

So now instead of Magneto going around and threatening people, you have Emma setting up a proper diplomatic meeting as the diplomatic envoy of Krakoa. She sits down at the table with other Secretaries of State like herself, and they hash out a political and trade agreement. Everyone smiles for the cameras and then it gets signed by the ruler, president, or prime minister of said country. It's called International Diplomacy, and Emma is actually quite good at it and was a good choice for this kind of job. She is actually fiscally invested in succeeding because she gets a percentage off all trade transactions in and out of Krakoa, so it's in her best interests to sign peace and trade treaties with as many countries as possible. Plus knowing how seriously Emma takes protecting mutant children, I expect she is redirecting a good portion of those profits into charitable causes that she herself cares about like schools, counselling programs, and orphanages to assist as many mutant children as she can world wide.

Also, part of the Amnesty agreement is to take the villains out of human territory. If you see what Erik and Charles accomplished here, they managed to rid the world of a good portion of mutant villains in one fell swoop. The ex-villains get to come to Krakoa, their criminal records are wiped clean (at least on Krakoa), they may lose their citizenship in previous countries, but like everyone else on Krakoa they are offered a fresh start. Even if the success rate on integrating the villains into the new society is only 50% (people like Amelia Voght, Frenzy, and Exodus who will welcome the new nation, versus the villains who might be troublesome in the future like Mystique, Selene, Sabretooth, Sinister, etc..), still a 50% success rate on reforming ex-villains is pretty good, plus it helps to increase the good sentiment for mutants in the world because the mutants are seen to be policing their own and providing increased safety to the world at large.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think Krakoa is different than both.
    1. Utopia really was kind of a fortress for the few remaining mutants in the world.
    2. Genosha was run entirely by Magneto and his posturing to the world at large was causing a lot of the ill will.

You can see the difference between Krakoa and Genosha right in the choice of who is the face of the country. Erik and Charles convinced Emma Frost to be their diplomatic face. She knows how to play nice with politicians. She knows how to negotiate with business partners and she probably actually knows a fair amount about International Law because she runs a global corporation.

So now instead of Magneto going around and threatening people, you have Emma setting up a proper diplomatic meeting as the diplomatic envoy of Krakoa. She sits down at the table with other Secretaries of State like herself, and they hash out a political and trade agreement. Everyone smiles for the cameras and then it gets signed by the ruler, president, or prime minister of said country. It's called International Diplomacy, and Emma is actually quite good at it and was a good choice for this kind of job. She is actually fiscally invested in succeeding because she gets a percentage off all trade transactions in and out of Krakoa, so it's in her best interests to sign peace and trade treaties with as many countries as possible. Plus knowing how seriously Emma takes protecting mutant children, I expect she is redirecting a good portion of those profits into charitable causes that she herself cares about like schools, counselling programs, and orphanages to assist as many mutant children as she can world wide.

Also, part of the Amnesty agreement is to take the villains out of human territory. If you see what Erik and Charles accomplished here, they managed to rid the world of a good portion of mutant villains in one fell swoop. The ex-villains get to come to Krakoa, their criminal records are wiped clean (at least on Krakoa), they may lose their citizenship in previous countries, but like everyone else on Krakoa they are offered a fresh start. Even if the success rate on integrating the villains into the new society is only 50% (people like Amelia Voght, Frenzy, and Exodus who will welcome the new nation, versus the villains who might be troublesome in the future like Mystique, Selene, Sabretooth, Sinister, etc..), still a 50% success rate on reforming ex-villains is pretty good, plus it helps to increase the good sentiment for mutants in the world because the mutants are seen to be policing their own and providing increased safety to the world at large.
    Thank you friend!

Dear Krakoa,

Thank you for being our haven. Thank you for all you have given us and I hope that we all prove to be worthy of your gifts. Mostly, thank you for that, almost foreign, feeling: Hope. Thank you for the love.

I feel bad asking for something after you've given so much, but we would really, really, really, appreciate it if you could grow us some COFFEE!!!!!

Sincerely,

The Uncanny X-Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Dear Krakoa,

Thank you for being our haven. Thank you for all you have given us and I hope that we all prove to be worthy of your gifts. Mostly, thank you for that, almost foreign, feeling: Hope. Thank you for the love.

I feel bad asking for something after you've given so much, but we would really, really, really, appreciate it if you could grow us some COFFEE!!!!!

Sincerely,

hehe, that's perfect, and very much Logan adding his part in the end!

Dear Krakoa,

Sincerely,

He forgot to add decaf. Everyone knows that Scott needs his decaf like Emma needs botox.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Dear Krakoa,

Sincerely,

Thank you! We should not have to tolerate cranky Logan.

Drama at the Grove.
    Last edited by JB; 10-25-2019 at 12:40 PM.

omg, that's hilarious. Of course Apocalypse would want everyone to eat healthy so they can be the strongest!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    omg, that's hilarious. Of course Apocalypse would want everyone to eat healthy so they can be the strongest!
    You will eat Krakoa grass and you will like it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Drama at the Grove.
    This is a fan-art, but it happened somwthing similar in the real comic?

If it is, this proves what I was suspecting. Mutants always blame humans for their problems, but their problems always start between them, humans only takes advantage to finish off mutant before they are affected by them.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Point to ponder.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    This is a fan-art, but it happened somwthing similar in the real comic?

If it is, this proves what I was suspecting. Mutants always blame humans for their problems, but their problems always start between them, humans only takes advantage to finish off mutant before they are affected by them.
    Nah, they're just trying to figure out why a gate isn't working. This is preview art from Excalibur #1. Apocalypse and Trinary have been troubleshooting the gate as to why people can't go through it and figuring out where it leads to.

Now please enjoy a Krakoan-flowered drink or pastry. It will calm your nerves, raise the vibration of your day, and allow healing to your soul. Many blessings!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Mutants always blame humans for their problems, but their problems always start between them, humans only takes advantage to finish off mutant before they are affected by them.
    Substitute any real world minority for 'mutants' in that sentence and have a blast, man.

Doug has now convinced Krakoa to serve "Krakoan Joy Spice Lattes". All the caffeine and twice the euphoria. You'll find it much easier to take advantage of your "Clothing Optional" option now that your inhibitions have been reduced by the soothing taste and aroma of Joy Spice!

You'll be able to party AND keep those happy feelings flowing all night long!

And soon, you'll be able to satisfy your hunger in the same way you quench your thirst! With All-Vegan, All-Krakoa approved, Gluten-Free, "Bliss Biscuits!"