Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Speaking of "pot", I wonder if Krakoa grows a mutanty magicy version. That would explain the nonchalant nudity.
    Oh I definitely believe there is something in those flowers. It's all good, we LOVE our mutant brothers and sisters! The flowers are so pretty and they smell so good, and everyone is pretty and beautiful and everything is just pretty and beautiful.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I am PROUD TO BE:
    MUTANT

Attachment 87503

Long Live Krakoa My Brothers and Sisters..........
    I am PROUD TO BE: MUTANT!!

Long Live Krakoa my sister. Oh and don't forget to smell the pretty flowers.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Hellor RachelGrey!

Welcome, Emma!

Attachment 87478

I love the next bit. Emma: "Tell me what you need", and Charles starts prancing. Krakoa Forever!

P.S. Charles + Erik = Power Couple 2019.
    Honestly this might have been My Favorite Moment in Powers of X #5 today cause it spoke on Multiple Levels to me and about where the story of Mutants and the X-Men are going.

1.) I like how Emma had her valued doubts about another Mutant Nation with the History of Genosha and Asteroid M(Also just for the Readings, Knowing one of Moira Mactaggert's lives had a Sanctuary in the Mountains in that Dome City and that still did not work either). BUT after seeing Krakoa Emma Got on-board Completely! That was impressive cause;

What did she see in Krakoa that she has not seen before in other Mutant Nations?! That is going to be one of the most interesting aspects in world build to discover in all of this, HOW is Krakoa so different and why was it Chosen and what made both Emma and so many others confident it is the best place, that is going to be exciting.

I believe yes the portals, the flowers, the fact it is a living island mutant are major points, but I feel many more secrets will be slowly revealed to us as the story goes on.

2.) What I always Love about World Building the the Worlds themselves. From Asgard to Lord of the Rings, to Alien Civilizations to Ancient ones, the Unique structures of buildings and their themes always add the most coolness and wonder to a story besides the characters. I am a looking forward to explanations on why Krakoa buildings and structures look like how they do and what purposes they serve!

3.) Going off of my points 1 and 2, is HOW different in Safety is Krakoa from past nations and fortresses?! I believe the Portals and the Island being alive will have allot to do with it, but I think much more will be revealed going into the other new series as this stories ends and the next ones begin.

How do you all think Krakoa is different from other Santuaries in the past and how it will defend itself?!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Hey welcome to our beautiful island CJStriker;

I honestly think that the villains play a part in this, just take Exodus for instance, he is a supremely badass and powerful mutant and just by himself he could probably take out a huge chunk of attacking forces.

I think the island can defend itself to some degree, but it would have to be careful not to displace the residents too much. It's possible just with all the powerful telepaths on the island that anyone who gets close without permission would just fall asleep without even realizing it. Just from the telepathic side of things it's hard to say what the limits are with so many of them working together.

Magik, Elizabeth, and Apocalypse are bringing magic to bare in this conflict so you can expect to face some sorcery along with everything else.

Sage and Trinary can take over any computer system that is in proximity to them.

Forge and Harrison are able to create an endless number of defensive weapons for the island.

Magneto and Polaris can throw massive chunks of metal at the attackers from a distance, even dropping a chunk of metal from higher in the atmosphere and letting gravity do it's work.

Storm can change the weather patterns and create a hurricane around their ships and planes.

Bobby can create an ice storm so severe it will feel like they are standing on the South Pole.

Firestar can emit a microwave pulse that is so hot it would melt all their circuits and probably kill a lot of people.

Proteus can really mess people up and I mean really mess them up by altering reality.

God help the humans if Jamie Braddock joins Krakoa, his reality warping ability rivals that of Proteus.

Hope and Rogue can dupe anyone's powers so suddenly you could have 3 people with Storms power or 3 people with Bobby's power.

Cyclops can fire one of the most powerful lasers in the world from his eyes and take out aircraft.

Havok, he's super destructive and if he has time to charge up he can destroy anything in front of him. (Oh and Scott's eyebeams charge up Havok).

Banshee and Dazzler, I put them together because Banshee can obviously use his sound powers to be deadly or even to know people unconscious, however, if he directs his sound at Dazzler she can become powerful enough to take out multiple Sentinels by herself. The two of them together on a team would be seriously hard to stop if they were at a decent distance and Dazzler's lasers are just as powerful as Scotts are.

Anyway, this only works if you get past the telepaths and in that case you are facing Jean, Emma, Betsy, Kwannon, Quentin, Esme, Sophie, Irma, Phoebe, Celeste, Xavier and probably a few others I can't recall right now. Let's just say getting past a small army of telepaths is going to be next to impossible.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Indeed Thanks for the Warm Welcome RachelGrey!

VERY Impressive Breakdown of the Island's Heroes Class of Defenders and that is just he Mutants that we know of the most.

From Classic Flames we have not heard of in awhile to Newly Discovered Mutants to New Resurrected Mutants, their is a treasure trove of new, original and even ideals for mutant powers that can alone add amazing power to the Island Nation When you think about it. I am glad Hickman is on this book, IMO he has the imagination to go these unique routes and is not afraid to show power and wonder in all its glory!

So Nice Breakdown, Thanks! =)

My other Impressive Point in this Issue what I said before, Emma changing her mind on Krakoa after seeing it and before being so against it.

I loved that moment, but beside the level of mutants and powers they have on the island, what other theories do you have you or others think might have changed her might that THIS time will be very different?!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I am PROUD TO BE:
    MUTANT

Attachment 87503

Long Live Krakoa My Brothers and Sisters..........
    You're back.

I was confused . Like why would you ever get banned.

BANNED

Five and a half+ villains in krakoan governing council. Krakoa is doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post

Five and a half+ villains in krakoan governing council. Krakoa is doomed.
    You just aren't smelling the flowers enough. Come into this beautiful house over here, there are lots of pretty flowers. Don't you feel truly happy and at peace now. It's all flowers and rainbows on Krakoa, you know that!

Thanks for starting this thread, RachelGrey. Along with our flower-sniffing and sexual antics, it's a great place to discuss the world-building happening as CJS brought up. It will be fun to fill in what these places are/who lives there and their purpose(s) along with a few things we may already now:

House of X
    House of M
    Arbor Magna
    Arena (??)
    Akademos Habitat
    Transit
    The Oracle
    The Grove
    The Cradle
    The Reservoir
    The Wild Hunt (sounds sexy)
    Carousel
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Thanks for starting this thread, RachelGrey. Along with our flower-sniffing and sexual antics, it's a great place to discuss the world-building happening as CJS brought up. It will be fun to fill in what these places are/who lives there and their purpose(s) along with a few things we may already now:

House of X
    House of M
    Arbor Magna
    Arena (??)
    Akademos Habitat
    Transit
    The Oracle
    The Grove
    The Cradle
    The Reservoir
    The Wild Hunt (sounds sexy)
    Carousel
    ooh, we should post the map picture, there was one wasn't there?

I'll be living in a tree house in the Wild Hunt. Feel free to stop by for some flower tea.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Awesome! Would the weather be tropical-ish all year round in that region of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Oh, wow, Magneto has a place for Polaris and himself. Would feel kinda empty without QS and SW.

I wonder where Emma lives, maybe she has a private plot of land with a house facing the ocean where she isn't bothered too often. Maybe with the first winery on Krakoa because Emma would die if she can't have good wine on a regular basis.

Anyway, wherever Storm lives is probably one of the nicest places on the island although the weather might be a little chaotic in that zone since Storm loves flying out in storms so much. Although the entire ocean is nearby so she might just go there.

As for climate, it probably won't get much snow there, probably a climate similar to Hawaii.