View Poll Results: Should he kill himself-sparing the world from further mistakes?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 37.10%
  • No

39 62.90%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    When he was alive, he did not make sure his plans and inventions would be safe from harm. As stated in the text, he relied upon Reed Richards. This system failed when both were incapacitated. He didn't try hard enough.
    Beeeeeee. By these standards, Xavier should be charged with crimes against mutantkind for not protecting his brain from getting stolen by the Red Skull, after Phoenix Scott merc'd him. Security lapses due to death should be off the table. Be kinder than humanity.

untitled.jpg
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Didn't he make some mega-sentinels in Axis?

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    Didn't he make some mega-sentinels in Axis?
    Yes he did. Plus he built the Anti-Phoenix weapon that created the Phoenix 5 and I believe O.N.E. tech was by him or partly by him.

Spectacular Member

Honestly, the idea that there can be a transhuman future in Marvel Universe without Stark or Stark's legacy at the center of it is quite unbelievable. At the same time such a thing will put him at odds with current mutant dilemma. Stark/mutant war should be inevitable in this context. Avengers vs. Xmen 2 is just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    Honestly, the idea that there can be a transhuman future in Marvel Universe without Stark or Stark's legacy at the center of it is quite unbelievable. At the same time such a thing will put him at odds with current mutant dilemma. Stark/mutant war should be inevitable in this context. Avengers vs. Xmen 2 is just a matter of time.
    Yeah, I think we'll get to a big superhero vs superhero fight. But probably it won't be an event but more like what he did in Time Runs Out (a reprise of Civil War without the need of making a big deal out of it).

We know that Stark is dangerous for them, he probably has already developed mutant powers blocking tech. I can't see Xavier and Magneto not having a big plan about him. Maybe they could do like the Inhumans and have technopaths and some Hellfire involvement to ruin him economically and limit his resources.

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    Stark stopped manufacturing weapons for the government. He would only manufacture sentinels, transhumans, what have you if Mutants posed a serious threat to humankind. At the end of the day, Tony Stark is superhero and has everyone's interests at heart. He is a man of logic, he wouldn’t just side against the mutant for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Stark stopped manufacturing weapons for the government. He would only manufacture sentinels, transhumans, what have you if Mutants posed a serious threat to humankind. At the end of the day, Tony Stark is superhero and has everyone's interests at heart. He is a man of logic, he wouldn’t just side against the mutant for no reason.
    The issue is, we've seen in AvX that his ego can get bigger than his logic. The Illuminati issue with Reed pointing it out showed it very well. If he thinks mutants are at fault, he's going to do everything he can to stop them without using too much logic imo. Same could be said for many of the MU main guys (from Reed to Cap to Xavier), but he's the one with the bold decisions and inventions.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah, I think we'll get to a big superhero vs superhero fight. But probably it won't be an event but more like what he did in Time Runs Out (a reprise of Civil War without the need of making a big deal out of it).

We know that Stark is dangerous for them, he probably has already developed mutant powers blocking tech. I can't see Xavier and Magneto not having a big plan about him. Maybe they could do like the Inhumans and have technopaths and some Hellfire involvement to ruin him economically and limit his resources.
    Tony Stark might have developed mutants power blocking techs because it is important to take proactive steps to protect the planet from radical mutants. Mutants manifest extreme powers that can be the death of humankind, Tony securing a tech that can counter-attack isn’t evil but necessary.
    Last edited by BitParallel; 10-20-2019 at 01:21 AM.

The issue is, we've seen in AvX that his ego can get bigger than his logic. The Illuminati issue with Reed pointing it out showed it very well. If he thinks mutants are at fault, he's going to do everything he can to stop them without using too much logic imo. Same could be said for many of the MU main guys (from Reed to Cap to Xavier), but he's the one with the bold decisions and inventions.
    I honestly don’t think the avengers were wrong in AvX. Sooo? Tony’s “ego” made him do the right thing.
    Last edited by BitParallel; 10-20-2019 at 01:22 AM.

I honestly don’t think the avengers were at wrong in AvX. Sooo? Tony’s “ego” made him do the right thing.
    Mmm I don't think we'll ever agree on the issue then hahaha. But it's fine.

Anyway, I think that a confrontation will be inevitable. Either directly with Stark or with the Illuminati as a whole.

Mmm I don't think we'll ever agree on the issue then hahaha. But it's fine.

Anyway, I think that a confrontation will be inevitable. Either directly with Stark or with the Illuminati as a whole.
    Oh dang! Tony is wholesome, this I know.

Yikes, I wonder if Marvel can tone down the Superheroes v. Superheroes. Reed has a mutant son, he should be cool with the mutants. I do feel a fuckery is gonna come soon FF V X-Men

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Tony Stark is the greatest threat to mutantkind. Should Xavier extradite him for his crimes against mutants?

Stark engineered Sol's Hammer and carelessly allowed it to fall into the hands of Orchis. Isn't it about time he faced the consequences of his actions?

Sometimes, passive aggression isn't enough.

The original Sol’s Hammer was destroyed when the multiverse died. The comics specifically state that this one was built anew from plans Stark and Richards had hidden counting to each other to protect them, then one died and the other was off in the multiverse. I don’t think you understood while reading the story that Orchis built their Sol’s hammer, but anyway, “should one kill himself because someone else stole his plans and used them in a bad way while he was dead” sounds a pretty silly question. I would suggest appropriately understanding the stories before coming up with these topics.

Additionally, if everyone in the marvel universe that made a mistake (in this case no mistake was made but anyway) that resulted in someone else suffering the consequences should kill themselves, the marvel universe would be lifeless.

Here I was expecting a post about Tony Stark being the first real post human with his experiments on his himself. And he is needs to eliminated because stuff like extremis or his A.I.,because it is going to speed along human advancement to post human stage which means end of mutants. Nope. This is just a simple blame Tony not being careful with his toys thing.

Oh dang! Tony is wholesome, this I know.

Yikes, I wonder if Marvel can tone down the Superheroes v. Superheroes. Reed has a mutant son, he should be cool with the mutants. I do feel a fuckery is gonna come soon FF V X-Men
    It's inevitable. Marvel is revisiting many of it's prior events so expect AvX II soon.

This time instead of Avengers coming to take Hope, X-Men will be coming to take Tony.

I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's inevitable. Marvel is revisiting many of it's prior events so expect AvX II soon.

This time instead of Avengers coming to take Hope, X-Men will be coming to take Tony.

I'll pass.
    Well then, the X-Men will be holding an L for eternity.