View Poll Results: Should he kill himself-sparing the world from further mistakes?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 37.10%
  • No

39 62.90%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Well then, the X-Men will be holding an L for eternity.
    As evidenced by the last AvX event, both sides lose and fans will be up in arms for another decade.

The mis-characterization on both sides will be apparent and logic flies out the window. Like I said, I'll pass.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah, I think we'll get to a big superhero vs superhero fight. But probably it won't be an event but more like what he did in Time Runs Out (a reprise of Civil War without the need of making a big deal out of it).

We know that Stark is dangerous for them, he probably has already developed mutant powers blocking tech. I can't see Xavier and Magneto not having a big plan about him. Maybe they could do like the Inhumans and have technopaths and some Hellfire involvement to ruin him economically and limit his resources.
    Time Runs Out conflicts were between characters that the story was about. Xmen stories have Xmen at the center. And you're not making a villain from Marvel's top IP from the top IP team just like that. Also, mutants are heading to MCU. MarvelE. will totally want to bank on it and Hickman provided the perfect excuse.
    Ugh I always hated these cheap ass mutant power blockers. Nano Sentinels that target X-gene could be interesting, but have some ambient powers dumpers is simply despicable. Actually, if someone like Stark existed he could be a trillioner, I'm not even exaggerating. A beloved hero, celeb and a genius inventor. He'd **** money. I don't think anyone can stop his corp.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Stark stopped manufacturing weapons for the government. He would only manufacture sentinels, transhumans, what have you if Mutants posed a serious threat to humankind. At the end of the day, Tony Stark is superhero and has everyone's interests at heart. He is a man of logic, he wouldn’t just side against the mutant for no reason.
    I'm talking about the big picture. As of now, HocusPocus showed the future is transhuman, a perfect blend of man and machine is what humanity is headed towards. Right now, the closest thing we have to that are Omega/Prime Sentinels, and Stark... And while O/P are basically remastered and rewritten personalities, Stark stays the only one with a more fluid and self-defined transition. During the Extremis he upgraded himself to match a foe he couldn't match before. That is just a first step. Conceptually, it should totally not stop there. And since Stark is one of the most influential people on the planet, that influence should be picked up by some obvious suspects. If you know what I mean.
    The idea for escalation? Stark announces "a prosthetic augmentation initiative" a charity for disabled people that to have a chance at full life with Stark's tech that can replace their lost limbs. Pure philanthropy. Problem is Reavers and Purifiers steal it before it reaches the people that really need it. And mutant reactions won't wait...

BANNED

The prosthetic limb thing was done in a Carnage mini in 2010/2011. Except Stark used symbiote sample to perfect his technology and ended up infecting an innocent woman.

BANNED

Send Magneto, Polaris, and Trinary.

Threat is now neutralized.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I also think back to Iron Man Annual #8, from 1986, in which a young mutant named Willie Evans experiences trouble controlling his powers that are similar to Jean Grey's and I imagine this day left Tony with quite a bit to think about in regards to what mutants can end up going through. It's too bad later writers seem to ignore this and didn't productively develop his character from there though. I think that what could have been the start of Tony positively strengthening his relations with mutants and actively helping them out more is a seed that was tossed aside in favor of more... dreary, over the top, and unproductive writing by many later writers.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 10-20-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Why nip a source of future conflict in the bud?...must be the reason why it was forgotten. That and it happened on an annual, maybe.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Unless there is a mutant whose blood is alcohol, everyone is safe.

BANNED

You would think that one of the X-Men title could tie in to the Ultron arc or Iron Man 2020 as it involves man/machine fusion which could be a variation /precursor of post humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    You would think that one of the X-Men title could tie in to the Ultron arc or Iron Man 2020 as it involves man/machine fusion which could be a variation /precursor of post humans.
    All I want is a miniseries taking place during Tony and Emma fling times.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

"But the X-Office isolates itself and its story directions from the rest of Marvel Comics like it was North Korea! The better to make characters on opposite sides feel alien to one another!" or something.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    "But the X-Office isolates itself and its story directions from the rest of Marvel Comics like it was North Korea! The better to make characters on opposite sides feel alien to one another!" or something.
    Lol or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    It does feel like it

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for another Hickman event tie-in that has nothing to do with the event except for vaguely sharing a similar theme!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    With all the pessimism going around, I couldn't help but think back to this 1964 comic:

Well this scene is awkward to look at in light of Avengers vs X-Men.