Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spiderman 4

9 64.29%
  • Another Reboot

5 35.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spiderman 4 vs Another Reboot

If you could choose what sony should do next, would you want another reboot or would you want Sony to get the cast of Sam Raimi films back to make a Spiderman 4? For me its a no brainier, I would love a Spiderman 4. This would be like the equivalent for making Star Wars episode 7 or making a Harry Potter 9. I also think Sony is scared of making another reboot anyway.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-24-2019 at 11:58 PM.

Spectacular Member FeliciaSpidey's Avatar

Why not both?
    I want Spiderman 4 AND another reboot.

iMan 42s

Neither.

Spider-man 4 is long dead on film and I still hate The Amazing Spider-man 2.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

They’re both horrible ideas.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

People really need to let the Raimi trilogy go already. Superman Returns should be the cautionary tale that there's know point in drudging up an old film series.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    People really need to let the Raimi trilogy go already. Superman Returns should be the cautionary tale that there's know point in drudging up an old film series.
    it took a while to even find out it was connected to the Reeve movies
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'd love to see what kind of film Raimi would make with an older Spider-Man and MJ. Give him a real chance to close out his series in a proper way.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

As much as I like the Raimi movie and would in theory rather get that then yet another reboot, I think too much time has passed for Spider-Man 4. Another reboot is not an idea I cotton to either (we've had too many as is and the price for this one is too steep). However, we're getting the latter for sure, not the former, so the only logical thing to do is wait for Spider-Verse 2.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Why wouldn't they just pick up where Far From Home left off?

Amazing Member

Raimi 4 would be interesting just to see a married Peter and MJ becoming adults.

Amazing Spider-Man 3 should be interesting to see how Peter copes with Gwen's death.
    Another reboot could be interesting to set a Spider-Man that is the only super-hero in town.

As a fan I am interested in all three concepts.
    However, in a general audience's shoes, all three solutions would be awful and uninteresting.

I just want a solo Spider-Man 2099 movie. Main villains would be Tiberius Stone, Alchemax, Venom 2099, etc.
    My only hope is that they took inspiration from the original run and not the 2009 reboot.

Spider-man 4 is never happening.
    Amazing Spiderman 3 would be terrible, who wants a shittier clone saga on screen ?

I'm sick of seeing Peter going back to high school every reboot but I'm not that invested in Sam Raimi returning.

So i'm gonna go with "neither".

I rather give Miles, Earth65 Gwen or Silk a shot. Or just get J.J. Abrams to do his comic miniseries on the big screen.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-29-2019 at 12:35 PM. Reason: clarity

i'd like to see a reboot with peter in high school for once
    troo fan or death

Amazing Member

How about a Spider-verse movie with Maguire, Garfiled and Holland? Peter-Maguire is married to MJ and they have a daughter (Renew your wows), Peter-Garfield is dealing with Gwen's death and well, Peter-Holland is also around
    Maybe to include Spider-Man 2099 and Spider-Gwen?

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I'd love to see what kind of film Raimi would make with an older Spider-Man and MJ. Give him a real chance to close out his series in a proper way.
    Best of both worlds? What about a SPIDER-GIRL film with Raimi directing and Maguire and Durst reprising their roles?

The MC2 universe was comparable to the charm and wonder of the 1960s Marvel comics in the same way Raimi's Spidey films were...so it'd be a perfect fit, IMO.

My only thing is don't bother doing it if they intend to kill Peter or MJ off for dramatic effect. Keep to the optimistic spirit of the series.