5. The Demon (1963)
    6. Hour of the Wolf (1968)
    7. The Addams Family (1964)
    8. The Gruesome Twosome (1967)
    9. Deep Red (1975)
    10. Midsommar (2019)
    11. Us (2019)
    12. Knife+Heart (2018)
    13. The Red Queen Kills Seven Times (1972)
    14. Phenomena (1985)

A young girl with an amazing ability to communicate with insects is transferred to an exclusive Swiss boarding school where her unusual capability might help solve a string of murders.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

1.) Friday the 13th (1980)! ~~ Format Blu Ray!
    2.) A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)! ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!
    3.) Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)! ~~ Format Blu Ray!
    4.) A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985) ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!
    5.) A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)! ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!
    6.) A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988)! ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!
    7.) A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989)! ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!
    8.) Friday the 13th Part III (1982)! ~~ Format Blu Ray!

9.) Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)! ~~ Format Blu Ray!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087298...1?ref_=nv_sr_1

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

ALSO, I Can't Forget to Give Tribute to one of the most Epic Rock Songs in Slasher Movie History from Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984) danced to by Crispin Glover Himself!

Enjoy and Happy Halloween Season Everyone!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Week 2 catch up

Day 5
    Skinwalkers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-R81DiQIr0
    Best thing about that was wolf effects, Stan Winston Studios so expected, the rest of it was pretty meh. Gunplay was ridiculous, horror was meh, kinda interesting twist at the end but nothing too redemptive.

Day 6
    Sinister 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fChx_YZUAR0
    Okay concept, poor execution. The two themes it had running through it didn't mesh making it disjointed. A couple of decent jumps, nothing more on offer.

Day 7
    Truth or Dare
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgnk3MLw9TM
    One of the poorer Blumhouse movies. Too much signposting diluted any potential scares and what wasn't was derivitive. Sure I've seen an almost identical ending on another movie too, just can't remember which.

Day 8
    Bite
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VPbfVighZo
    This one's all about the body horror with a minimal story and cardboard cut-out characters (doing lots of dumb things). This is okay for the most part but without a hook it's nothing more than an extended FX showcase.

Day 9
    Let Me In
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3guLR8aBpU
    I haven't watched the original so came into this one blind and thought it was excellent. Balances the low key pace of the story with the shocking scenes really well and the cast were pretty perfect. Only slight quibble were the couple of dodgy high speed action scenes, looked out of place and really weren't needed.

Day 10
    The Final Girls
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCNUBR4fLjU
    Horror spin on the Last Action Hero style premise. Was schlocky but fun, knew what it was doing and enjoyably tongue in cheek throughout.

Day 11
    Overlord
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USPd0vX2sdc
    Solid movie mixing the horrors of war and pseudoscientific horror. Got off to a fantastic start with the plane scene and built on the drama and escalating horror throughout. Ending was a little bit of a let down, was hoping for it to push things further than it did, still a worthwhile watch.

Day 12
    The Vanishing on 7th Street
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2ifOpS-v_c
    Nothing much to see here. Mediocre unexplained phenomenon movie that tries its best to ramp up the tension but I found myself drifting off rather being on the edge of my seat. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore View Post
    1. Evil Dead 2 (1987)
    2. Prom Night (1980)
    3. Dracula (1979)
    4. In the Mouth of Madness (1994)
    5. Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II (1987)
    6. Beyond Re-Animator (2003)
    7. Count Dracula (1970)
    8. Hatchet (2006)
    9. From Dusk till Dawn (1996)
    10. From Beyond the Grave (1974)
    11. Joker (2019)
    12. One Cut of the Dead (2019)
    Finally got to see a few in one day; it's starting to feel like October again.

13a. The Raven (1935)

Not my favorite of the Karloff/Lugosi collaborations, but still fun. Worth it to see Lugosi chewing scenery as a monstrously arrogant mad doctor.

13b. Annihilation (2018)

Been meaning to check this one out since last year. It's science fiction-horror, with more of a focus on the former than the latter, but with a few real creepy scenes (and the introduction of even creepier ideas).

13c. Bone Tomahawk (2015)

Like Dusk till Dawn, this movie takes a pretty stark turn from the genre where it started into full-on horror. It’s less of a surprise here, since they do set up the horrific element in the beginning, but the level of brutality that comes along with the shift is INTENSE.

High recommendation for Western fans, but even for someone just interested in the horror aspect, worth it just for gore.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Day 13: Let Me In (2010)

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

1-The Conjuring.(2013)
    2-Killer Klowns from Outer Space.(1988)
    3-Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid.(2004)
    4-Dementia 13 (1963)

5-Pumpkinhead (1988)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumpkinhead_(film)

6-The Little Shop of Horrors (1960)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Li...hop_of_Horrors

4.) A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985) ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!
    5.) A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)! ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!
    6.) A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988)! ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!
    7.) A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989)! ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!

10.) Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991)! ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101917/

10.) Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991)! ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!

11.) Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994)! ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111686...2?ref_=nv_sr_2

Rest In Piece Wes Craven, You are one of the Giants Legends that will be Celebrated Always.

12.) Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985)! ~~ Format Blu Ray!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089173...1?ref_=nv_sr_1

13.) Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)! ~~ Format Blu Ray!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091080...3?ref_=nv_sr_3

Incredible Member

October 1st. 1 - The Old Dark House (1932)
    October 2nd. 2 - The Redeemer: Son of Satan (1976)
    October 3rd. 3 - Prison (1987)
    October 4th. 4 - Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990). 5. Godzilla, King of the Monsters! (1956)
    October 5th. 6 - Mothra vs Godzilla (1964). 7 - The Curse of Frankenstein (1957). 8. The Horror of Dracula (1958)
    October 6th. 9 - Tremors (1990). 10 - Tremors 2: Aftershocks (1996)
    October 7th. 11 - The Haunted Palace (1963)
    October 8th. 12 - Dracula (1931). 13 - Joker (2019)
    October 9th. 14 - Blood Theater (1984)
    October 10th. 15 - The Blackcoat's Daughter (2015). 16 - The Black Cat (1931)
    October 11th. 17 - Night of the Demon (1957). 18 - Necronomicon (1993)
    October 12th. 19 - The Ghoul (1933). 20 - Madhouse (1974). 21 - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (2000)
    October 13th. 22 - Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman (1943). 23 - Bad Moon (1996). 24 - House of Frankenstein (1944).

'Twas the night of the full moon, so werewolves abound.

My first movie this season from the '40s. This is mostly a sequel to The Wolfman. The events of Son of Frankenstein and Ghost of Frankenstein also happen before this, the latter being more important, from what I gather. I haven't seen those two but I did read synopsis. It bothers me that nobody even seems to imagine trying some common sense solutions. Talbot wants to die rather than keep turning into a rampaging werewolf, right? Ok, so he knows he was beaten to death with a silver caine last time and only came back because grave robbers opened his tomb on a full moon. Why not try silver again, and just don't bury himself somewhere that could be opened? Likewise, when he and the old gypsy woman are traveling Europe by carriage, there's a scene where it seems that the full moon completely surprises them and he runs off as the Wolfman. How the the hell do they not at least know when the full moon is coming. The gypsy is supposed to have taken care of her son for a while when he had the curse, that's the whole point of her traveling with him. Did they not take any precautions on those nights? Try tying him up before he transforms. Also, her son has apparently stayed dead, so she must know that silver works. Some help you are, old gypsy woman!

Bela Lugosi plays the Monster. There seems to have been indecision about whether he's still blinded from the events of the last movie or not. I just split the difference in my head and assume he's got very poor eyesight for most of the film. There is a Baroness Frankenstein about, but she isn't the doctor doing the experiments.

I vaguely feel like I may have seen parts of this a long time ago, but this was definitely my first viewing. There's a shortage of good werewolf movies compared to the other major horror creatures, but this is definitely among them. And the hero is a German Shepherd, which is my favorite dog. The werewolf animatronic suit is quite good, with only some wonky early CG used in a transformation scene dragging it down some.

This is kind of an odd followup to the earlier film, as the first act is like a Dracula focused short film and then has little do with with the rest of it. Boris Karloff's mad scientist character is the driving force of the story, as he escapes prison with this hunchback assistant and journey to the (surprisingly intact) Castle Frankenstein ruins before heading off to a similarly named German town for him to conduct his own experiments with the Wolfman and the Monster. This time, the failure of Talbot or anyone else to consider any precautions on full moon night is even more infuriating and leads to some disastrous results. Just lock him in a room for the night! But at least they do get the idea for a silver bullet.

The only other time I've seen John Carradine play the count was in the cheesy and disappointing Billy the Kid vs Dracula. He's better in this, thought not given enough screentime to try to make the role his own. The thing I've realized about Universal's Dracula is that he's kind of a wimp. If he can't mind control you, he's liable to just run away.
    Last edited by Jared; 10-04-2020 at 07:27 PM.

Incredible Member

October 1st. 1 - The Old Dark House (1932)
    October 2nd. 2 - The Redeemer: Son of Satan (1976)
    October 3rd. 3 - Prison (1987)
    October 4th. 4 - Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990). 5. Godzilla, King of the Monsters! (1956)
    October 5th. 6 - Mothra vs Godzilla (1964). 7 - The Curse of Frankenstein (1957). 8. The Horror of Dracula (1958)
    October 6th. 9 - Tremors (1990). 10 - Tremors 2: Aftershocks (1996)
    October 7th. 11 - The Haunted Palace (1963)
    October 8th. 12 - Dracula (1931). 13 - Joker (2019)
    October 9th. 14 - Blood Theater (1984)
    October 10th. 15 - The Blackcoat's Daughter (2015). 16 - The Black Cat (1931)
    October 11th. 17 - Night of the Demon (1957). 18 - Necronomicon (1993)
    October 12th. 19 - The Ghoul (1933). 20 - Madhouse (1974). 21 - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (2000)
    October 13th. 22 - Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman (1943). 23 - Bad Moon (1996). 24 - House of Frankenstein (1944).
    October 14th. 25 - House of Dracula (1945)

Carradine's Dracula gets more to do this time around, though not as much as you'd expect, given the title. Drac and Lawrence Talbot end up seeing the same doctor hoping for cures to their condition, but they don't interact. The Frankenstein monster gets found again, and once again doesn't really do anything until the very end of the movie. Another character get infected with Drac blood and ends up as more of a Jekyll/Hyde situation, despite losing their reflection. Unless one counts Abbot and Costello as in continuity, this is the finale for most of Universal's golden age horror icons, I would say.

At last, Talbot finally had the sense to confine himself before transforming!
    Last edited by Jared; 10-04-2020 at 07:29 PM.

13.) Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)! ~~ Format Blu Ray!

14.) Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988)! ~~ Format Blu Ray!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095179/