Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default 31 Days (and nights) of Halloween, 2019!

Once more, the time is at hand!

Here are the rules, if you disobey them, no one knows what might happen.

1. The Number of the Beast is 31: The goal, as always, is view at least 31 films between October 1 and October 31. Few make it all the way to31 on their first year, but all are encouraged to try. to add their names to the elite Brethren of the Night. While a film per day is encouraged, double and triple-billing (or more) is perfectly acceptable and often necessary.

2. Medium Be Damned: The movies shall not be just theatrical. TV, Cable, DVD/VHS and Streaming movies shall be legal tender as well. So view to your black heart's content, even on your phone, yea accursed Millennials.

3. Leave A Trail: Please provide an IMDB or Wikipedia link of all the films you view. This will allow the others the chance to add to their watchlists for later or just to compare progress. Feel free to also add poster art and/or trailers as well to add color to your post. And of course your own thoughts on film would be nice to hear...before the end.

4. Simpsons Can't Do It: Halloween-themed episodes of a regular series don't count. Nor do episodes of macabre-themed shows like Buffy, Supernatural, American Horror Story. (If you plan on binging through an entire season of something, that can probably count provided there's a general sense of agreement)

5. Definitions Aren't Strict: It doesn't have to be an actual 'horror movie', per say. Comedies and action flicks with macabre themes are perfectly acceptable; Hocus Pocus, Blade, Repossessed, etc... (I'm sure a lot of people plan on seeing Joker. That definitely counts. Hell, we counted Venom last year).

Here is a listing of many of the movies available on TV and streaming in October.
    And here's 10 free films on YouTube.

Here is last year's endeavor.
    Last edited by Jared; 09-25-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Hmm! Sounds interesting! I might give this a try! Could be fun!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Well, as ever, I won't manage 31, but I will do my best.

Maybe I should make a list this year, and see how that works. I normally just wing it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Well, as ever, I won't manage 31, but I will do my best.

Maybe I should make a list this year, and see how that works. I normally just wing it.
    What helped for me last year was that I put more than 31 movies on my Netflix and Amazon queue a couple days before, and then whatever I was going to watch, I made sure it was something already on the list rather than browsing aimlessly. Plus I'd occasionally come across something airing on TV and I went to a movie or two. But I didn't keep adding to the list. I don't think I even went to my DVD/blu ray collection for anything, when that's usually my backup.
    Last edited by Jared; 08-21-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm down, can't wait to see everyone else's favorites.

10/1
    1) Thing From Another World (1951, RKO)
    2) The VVitch(2015, A24)

10/2
    3) The Mill at Calder's End

10/4
    4) The Narrative of Victor Karloch
    10/6
    5)The Woman in Black II
    10/7
    6) Ghostbusters (1984, Columbia Pictures)
    10/8
    7)Mama(2018, Andy Muschietti)
    10/10
    8) The Addams Family (2019, MGM)
    10/14
    9) Kuroneko(1968, Toho)
    10/20
    10) El Espinazo del Diablo(2001, Sony)
    11) Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark(2019, CBS Films)
    12) Shadow of the Vampire(2000, BBC)
    13)Nosferatu (1922, Prana-Films)
    14)Dracula(1979, Universal)
    10/21
    15)Don't be Afraid of the Dark(1973, ABC)
    10/22
    16)Hausu(1977, Toho)
    17) Nosferatu the Vampyre(1979, Werner Herzog Filmproduktion)
    18) Dracula(1931, Universal)
    19) The Phantom Carriage (1921)
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 10-22-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

EXCELLENT, I was Hoping a fellow Poster would start this Challenge Up Once again, Thank You Jared!!!

I was successful the last 2 years in completing the Goal and I Hope to make it a strait Dynasty this Year! Thanks for keeping this CBR Tradition Alive!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

0% chance I get through it but I'll give it a go. Joker and Zombieland 2 are forsure. So I'll get 2 atleast.

Been wanting to watch the Purge Mini series on Hulu do those episodes count or can all of them together count as 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    What helped for me last year was that I put more than 31 movies on my Netflix and Amazon queue a couple days before, and then whatever I was going to watch, I made sure it was something already on the list rather than browsing aimlessly. Plus I'd occasionally come across something airing on TV and I went to a movie or two. But I didn't keep adding the list. I don't think I even went to my DVD/blu ray collection for anything, when that's usually my backup.
    Well, I should be clear in that 31 movies in 31 days is never an actual goal for me. I just watch Halloween-esque movies all month.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I made a list of 31 films in my collection last night, then put it in alphabetical order, so I'm ready to give this challenge a shot!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Yep,i will be watching 31 horror movies in October.
    Last year i just managed to watch 15 horror movies,so yeah i wil be trying to watch more horror movies this year.

Won't reach the goal, I never do, and I'll probably wind up not listing every movie I do watch cause I usually lose interest in posting them too, but count me in on giving it a good try.

Fantastic Member

Hmm... might have to try participating, pretty sure I won't be able to hit one each day, but I normally try to watch as many horror/horror-related movies as possible prior to Halloween and the last couple of years I've been severely slacking, so this could help with some motivation (or not, it's anyone's guess). I did start early and have already watched Alien, Halloween (Carpenter), Halloween III: Season Of The Witch and The Shining, but nothing in the last two weeks.

Ended up seeing most of Evil Dead the other day. (I was there, it was put on)

So I already have one down, I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Ended up seeing most of Evil Dead the other day. (I was there, it was put on)

So I already have one down, I suppose?
    Naw you gotta watch it again October 1st lol

Challenge Accepted,
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting