Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default Peyton Reed Returns to Direct Third Ant-Man Film

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...direct-1251732

Give me Cassie as Stature please. That's all this film needs to do.

This doesn't make any sense. I was told by a member of this very forum that this series was "canceled," ( you know, since they didn't announce it along with the other films this summer.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    This doesn't make any sense. I was told by a member of this very forum that this series was "canceled," ( you know, since they didn't announce it along with the other films this summer.)
    Marvel just announced they're putting out 4 movies per year so it makes sense that they're getting ready for this one

Niffleheim

I guess Marvel Studio is happy with Peyton Reed because they always hire a new director to do the unexpected thing in the third movie of a franchise when they feel it doesn't have a distinctive identity.
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-01-2019 at 05:44 PM.

If someone had told me 20 years ago that Ant-Man, Ant. Man. would get a trilogy of high quality movies from Marvel, i’ have thought they were nuts.
    I’m glad they wouldn’t have been nuts. So happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I guess Marvel Studio is happy with Peyton Reed because they always hire a new director to do the unexpected thing in the third movie of a franchise they feel doesn't have a distinctive identity.
    Say what you want about the Ant-Man films, but I DO think they have a distinct identity. They have a different feel than a lot of the other marvel movies... it doesn't feel like a generic super hero film.

Obviously they weren't the most criticially or commerially sucessful MCU movies, but they got the job done.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I guess Marvel Studio is happy with Peyton Reed because they always hire a new director to do the unexpected thing in the third movie of a franchise they feel doesn't have a distinctive identity.
    They had problems with directors during phase 2. Problems that were fixed by phase 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They had problems with directors during phase 2. Problems that were fixed by phase 3.
    I think the Committee was an issue Gunn said he was happy to have them gone when doing GOTG Vol.2 during Guardians 2014 they didn't want him to do the Awesome Mix tape because they were against paying for the music which sounds like a note they probably got from Perlmutter.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Say what you want about the Ant-Man films, but I DO think they have a distinct identity. They have a different feel than a lot of the other marvel movies... it doesn't feel like a generic super hero film.

Obviously they weren't the most criticially or commerially sucessful MCU movies, but they got the job done.
    Yeah, they have a, to me, fun feel, w. a supporting cast (his civilian buddies, his mentor, his mentor’s daughter, her mom, his own ex-wife and daughter and the new man in their life, another scientist who was the first to go ‘big’...) for the main character that’s deeper than pretty much any other MCU character right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's nice to see it finally confirmed, and that Reed gets to close out an Ant-Man trilogy .
    Give me Cassie as Stature please. That's all this film needs to do.
    I think that's pretty likely going to happen.

I wonder if we'll see Eric O'Grady pop up.

I hope we get more Hank and Jan. And Bill .

How is this a movie? We were told by people here that in spite of making back its budget, having a low budget for a superhero movie and making a profit. And all of Marvel movies except Hulk getting trilogies that Antman was canceled because they didn't announce it with the other Marvel movies. If I can't trust the experts here on forums to get their wild baseless speculation right who can I trust?
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 11-01-2019 at 10:20 PM.

This's my new "most anticipated new Marvel movie."

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    How is this a movie? We were told by people here that inspite of making back its budget and making a profit. And all of Marvel movies except Hulk getting trilogies that Antman was canceled because they didn't announce with the other Marvel movies. If I can't trust the experts here on forums to get their wild baseless speculation right who can I trust?
    ninjaturtles-movie-screencaps.com-10801.jpg
    Last edited by WebLurker; 11-01-2019 at 09:49 PM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Niffleheim

Most anticipated movie. Wow! I guess I'm in the minority with this franchise but thank god for disney+ because I can never see this movie compelling me to go to the theater with Peyton Reed directing ever again. I found both movies underwhelming.

So, what will the third movie be called?
    -- Ant-Man III: Ant-Man and the Wasp 2
    -- Ant-Man Loves the Wasp
    -- I love you, Ant-Man (co-starring Jason Segal as Grizzly)
    -- Big Y Smalls (with The Hulk - they made such a great duo in that Coke commercial - and hey, another science guy!)
    -- Ant-Man's in Your Pants, Man
    -- Nothing Rhymes with Wasp
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-02-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So, what will the third movie be called?
    -- Ant-Man III: Ant-Man and the Wasp 2
    -- Ant-Man Loves the Wasp
    -- I love you, Ant-Man (co-starring Jason Segal as Grizzly)
    -- Big Y Smalls
    -- Ant-Mans in Your Pants, Man
    -- Nothing Rhymes with Wasp
    Ant-Man and Stature?