Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Kind of a bumpy start - Alien Invasion week on History took up my real attention, so I just DVRed and watched some random crap on SyFy and TCM.

1. Neverknock - is a thing I guess?
    2. Stickman - Something like that. A Slender Man ripoff maybe?
    3. A Nightmare on Elm Street - Hey I watched a real movie! Gonna be honest, I feel like this franchise is overhyped, but still a fun flick.
    4. Suspiria - I...I don't know how to explain this style of movie. It looks good, kinda psychedelic maybe, music can be jarring in parts. But good!

I got a silent film recorded I'll probably check out next, Haxan: Study of Witchcraft in the Dark Ages or something like that I think.
    Prolly going to watch a Godzilla marathon I saw going to be on tonight first though.

Will up my horror movie game next week, be all UFO shows out by then.

I started Stranger Things Season 3 the other night, and watched a few episodes. I'm counting that as still on pace!

But today and tomorrow are probably out the window.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The Narrative of Victor Karloch
    2012, Keven McTurk

This is yet another puppet film by Mcturk and it's even more amazing than the last. While Mill at Calder's end mostly stuck to small rod puppets what I love about this first experiment is its use of different puppet types.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 10-04-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Incredible Member

October 1st. 1 - The Old Dark House (1932)
    October 2nd. 2 - The Redeemer: Son of Satan (1976)
    October 3rd. 3 - Prison (1987)
    October 4th. 4 - Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990)

Joe Dante's zany sequel to his 80s classic (which is more of a Christmas movie). I've seen this one more times than I watched the original. It isn't as heartfelt but it's a really good comedy. Tonally it's a big shift, much like a full on spoof like an Airplane or a Naked Gun movie. I noticed a lot of references and cameos this time around that I didn't catch as a kid.

Also inspired an amazing Key and Peele skit.

I remember seeing it in theaters and it had the Hogan scene with the projection booth. But when I rented i on video and it was a cowboy movie with Gremlins inside your TV. While the latter version works better for the format, I was one disappointed little Hulkamaniac. DVD has the Hogan scene by default, and when I caught a little bit of the movie on cable a few days ago I think they also showed that version. Now, I wouldn't mind if whoever airs it changes it up to keep fans guessing.
    Last edited by Jared; 10-06-2019 at 05:53 PM.

10/01: Errementari: The Blacksmith and the Devil
    10/02: Southbound
    10/03: Murder Party
    10/04: Candyman
    Synopsis: "The Candyman, a murderous soul with a hook for a hand, is accidentally summoned to reality by a skeptic grad student researching the monster's myth." (IMBD Entry)
    Review: Out of the classic 90s slasher icons, Candyman was one I had slept on for some time, and I'm not exactly sure why since I enjoy Clive Barker's works with Hellraiser being one of my favorites. Perhaps it was because of just how closely tied he is to the Bloody Mary urban legend and my assumption that it would be the same thing. Oh, how wrong I was. I am somewhat disappointed that I did not go into this one completely blind since I can only imagine how much more exciting this would have been seeing this as strictly a crime-theme thriller turned onto its head. Tony Todd's performance as the titular Candyman was spectacular and definitely needs more love. Overall, I would definitely recommend this if you already haven't seen it.

Note: Looks like Moon Ronin had the same idea for today.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

Sorry it took so Long to start putting up my Lists, LOL been busy with the challege that I have barely given myself enough time to post! ;-)

My theme to start out this Halloween of 2019 31 Days Challenge is in Honor of the New Season of American Horror Story: 1984 which is honoring the Classic Slasher Horror Movie Genre and been Liking it allot so Far.

So to Honor its theme my movies starting out are of the Slasher classics, Starting with My Favorite Horror Movie Franchise of All Times;

1.) Friday the 13th (1980)! ~~ Format Blu Ray!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080761/

Also besides showing a trailer of some of these movies I will be adding a Favorite Funny Review of each one from one of my Favorite internet personalities Brad Jones best know as The Cinema Snob!

Last edited by CJStriker; 10-04-2019 at 08:57 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

2.) A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)! ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087800...1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Last edited by CJStriker; 10-04-2019 at 08:56 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

3.) Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)! ~~ Format Blu Ray!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082418...1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Last edited by CJStriker; 10-04-2019 at 08:55 PM.

4.) A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985)! ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089686...3?ref_=nv_sr_3

Last edited by CJStriker; 10-04-2019 at 08:58 PM.

4.) A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985) ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!

5.) A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)! ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093629...4?ref_=nv_sr_4

Last edited by CJStriker; 10-04-2019 at 08:50 PM.

4.) A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985) ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!
    5.) A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)! ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!

6.) A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988)! ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095742...5?ref_=nv_sr_5

Last edited by CJStriker; 10-04-2019 at 08:54 PM.

6.) A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988)! ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!

7.) A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989)! ~~ Format Purchase Rental on YOU TUBE!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097981...6?ref_=nv_sr_6

Last edited by CJStriker; 10-04-2019 at 08:52 PM.

Incredible Member

October 1st. 1 - The Old Dark House (1932)
    October 2nd. 2 - The Redeemer: Son of Satan (1976)
    October 3rd. 3 - Prison (1987)
    October 4th. 4 - Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990). 5. Godzilla, King of the Monsters! (1956)

The American dub and re-edit of the '54 Japanese original. The original is a bit longer and darker. That Raymond Burr has been inserted into the story without ever having been present when it was actually filmed is obvious to an adult viewer.
    Although Godzilla's appearance varies between the puppet and a suit, he's never looked more intimidating than in black and white.

Fun article on daikaiju theoretical biology.
    Last edited by Jared; 10-06-2019 at 05:56 PM.

Fantastic Member

7 - Exorcist: The Beginning (2004)
    8 - The Evil Dead (1982)

6ZX7GVR6uTTNzYPMNeECXjytAPa.jpg

evildead-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore View Post
    1. Evil Dead 2
    2. Prom Night
    3. Dracula (1979)
    4. In the Mouth of Madness

This was a movie I'd never even heard of before seeing Red Letter Media review it, and they talked it up enough to make me seek it out. Even though it's from the 90s, it's still classic John Carpenter; slow-burn creepy that eventually explodes into full-on horror.

This is the third part of his informal "Apocalypse Trilogy", which I also knew nothing about. But it fits, based on the only other part of the "trilogy" I've seen, The Thing. Gonna have to get around to Prince of Darkness someday and wrap the whole thing up.