Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    We haven't seen intragalactic telecoms in Marvel?
    I’m sure we have, yeah.

But according to this story, they didn’t have such. Instead, we’re flat out told that they need to maintain telepathic contact to confirm the mission’s complete.

A reader can ignore that if they like, I suppose.

BANNED

Jean should have just telekinetically shunted out/ disassembled master mold while seeing telepathically through the eyes of the scientists from Krakoa. What? She herself said that the phoenix was holding her. back so it's a perfectly logical feat for her to pull off. In fact the X-Men will never need to fight again as long as they have the Great Jeansus with them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    True there's always wait & see. And I can agree things could get better. But in the mean time, you judge what you are seeing, and if it doesn't look good so far, that's what fans will convey.

Jean may have great things waiting for her in X-Force, but that's not out yet & HOX is, so that's what her fans comment on & aren't happy with.

Again I am indifferent to Jean but can see why her fans would be disappointed with her role thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Some said Jean just seemed like a spare battery. I can understand why some would see it as lackluster & underwhelming, especially after better feats in previous books that many may wish had continued now. lol But sadly the book that arguably made better use of the character was cancelled to get more questionable to lackluster showings.

And I think the Jean we got in Red makes this one seem even more lackluster. So the less than good showing so far coming off of Taylor's more powerful, competent, and confident version is extra frustrating given the stories that could've come from there.

Although controversial I will say I like her costume better here than the one in Red. lol
    Except voicing their displeasure at how Jean was written isn't what the vast majority of this thread has been about. Instead we've had multiple pages of Emma bashing because she was written well and we can't have that because she's Jean's rival and that cannot be abided, apparently.

We've also had multiple accusations that Hickman deliberately wrote Jean poorly in order to prop up Emma which is objectively absurd.

You could also make the argument that every single X-Man on the suicide mission was written as less capable than they have been in the past given that they've all taken on bigger threats and come out unscathed, however most of us are reasonable enough to understand that they had to die in the manner they did for the story to progress, and given that said resulting scences that came as a result of those deaths were fantastic, who cares?

The position isn't sympathetic, especially given that many people , the majority actually, also had no issue with how Jean was written in the issue.
    Last edited by Punch Dimension.; 09-29-2019 at 07:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Jean should have just telekinetically shunted out/ disassembled master mold while seeing telepathically through the eyes of the scientists from Krakoa. What? She herself said that the phoenix was holding her. back so it's a perfectly logical feat for her to pull off. In fact the X-Men will never need to fight again as long as they have the Great Jeansus with them.
    Storm fans might disagree with you considering her Galactic Core feat and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Since House is present day stuff we still have to wait two weeks for this Phalanx thing to resolve.

And no one's figured out why some lines on the Lives of Moira graph intersect.
    Secret Wars incursions
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    True and Emma can have the satisfaction of slowly indoctrinating Kitty into the Hellfire (BDSM) Club of Krakoa. When this is all over Kitty Pryde, call me "Red Queen" will be the most corrupt of all!
    I suspect she’s already the most corrupt of all
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

I wonder which X-Men characters on gonna be the breakout stars of this Hickman era my money is on Doug for right now but it could change I can't wait for Hickman to start playing with the 100+ X-Men characters out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Magneto or Lorna could have done It in their sleep. The mission was dumb from the start

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Magneto or Lorna could have done It in their sleep. The mission was dumb from the start
    The mission wasn't dumb it's just the X-Men universe is RIDICULOUSLY stacked with OP characters to the point where it would just take any type of tension out of the story. And since it seems like all X-Men characters are back from the dead I feel like we're gonna get a lot of "Well why didn't they just send in X Omega Level mutant to single handily curb stomp the opposition". Should be fun.
    Last edited by loke13; 09-29-2019 at 10:55 PM.

Look, if you’re always stressing about what could have been if different characters had been there, you’ll never enjoy any stories. You’ll eventually just hit the wall of “why don’t they fix all their problems with their reality warpers”, the answering being because they want to tell a story.

For all we know the Mother Mold was non-ferrous.

Astonishing Member

I really like the focus on Forge this issue highlighting how his prowess with bio-tech, in comparison with traditional tech, and how it is increasing at a impressive rate as well as using a No Place vent as a source for unlimited power for the Mutant Nation. Krakoa as a Nation isn't even a year old yet they're crushing it when it comes to technological marvels no wonder Wakanda does't want to enter a treaty with them.

BANNED

Right. Forge is the sort of character Hickman could go wild with.

Does anyone else think that Hickman could possibly be lining up Doug as a future antagonist? Not a willing one.

Magneto, Lorna or omegas like Vulcan would have been much more lethal options than the ones Cyclops wanted to use. If you want to minimize casualties on a mission, you don't carry a nuclear bomb with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Mileage is irrelevant. In the story itself, what little Jean Grey did was pointless because their data was already saved, ergo not vital to the mission. No convolutions needed. Regarding death, the entire point of the sequence was trivializing death as well as trivializing memories, with backups of the mutants personalities being all over the planet and elsewhere. It's all right there in the book.
    No it wasn’t “already saved” The whole point is that Jean was making the save point available as late and as complete as possible and as required. Otherwise the mission would have been incomplete because they wouldn’t be fully aware of what happened. Xavier even said this. That reconstruction of events based on inherently limited observation was not optimal.

Again here is the choice. Read the book as almost certainly intended by the writer and have a good reason why Jean was only seen to act as a conduit and not act as her normal highly effective self, or read it deliberately negatively and decide with zero evidence that the writer is somehow undermining a character. You choose. I am not going to tell you to choose the positive but I have no interest is arguing with someone that resists the positive.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Most feel that Magneto or Jean could carry out the mission without leaving the island!