Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364656667 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Oh. I thought the fact that I was taking about characters in position to react was obvious. For the record, just to clear any further confusion, I was also not talking about any characters that were not on the mission
    Those characters were, in fact, on the mission. They apparently don't count now because they no longer fit your hyperbolic statement. I understand.

But why am I even engaging?
    I don't know either, it's clear you lack the ability to do so. You just want people to know Jean fans are angry and we are wrong to disagree. Noted. I look forward to your next wholly rational post about Jonathan Hickman's anti-Jean agenda.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You just described Emma and Jean perfectly there. Thats how i see them both
    Hickman too, unfortunately. Too much 90s cartoon. Not enough comics.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    So Jean with Monet's help maintained a tp link from to space to Krakoa and that's all well and good but some seem to think that is some impressive display of tp ability. (Wouldn't you say erasing the existence of yourself or of all mutants in the world a more impressive display of tp ability) which Emma did by the way. Also like some have said it's not about feats, its about characterization. Jean is seen as almost scared, afraid and practically crying for Scott to come save her. Not even putting up a fight at the end when the Sentinels come for her. Meanwhile characterization for Emma consists of her walking into a secret prison like she owns it, insulting the staff and walking by out with Sabretooth. And then having Xavier and Magneto (who was trying to kill her recently) cowtowing to her to help them and practically giving in to her demands. That's the difference between the two and that's what Jean fans are reacting to. Emma comes off like a badass who gets whatever she wants and owns people, while Jean comes off as weak willed, unsure, almost like some rookie and not a veteran X-man. Looking at this objectively Emma clearly comes off in a better light. Wheather Hickman is doing this intentionally I cannot say, I would hope not.
    It's only an Emma vs. Jean thing because certain Jean fans like yourself made it into an issue. Nightcrawler and Mr. Sinister also got some brief great character moments, but I don't see you complaining about them like you are Emma.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

My favourite is the Mys-tech wars crossover depictionRCO008.jpg

BANNED

Yes, we've heard you repeatedly whine about the cartoon just because some X-fans had fun with the issue on Twitter. No character is immune to occasionally getting teased on social media. It's not that serious.

I'm sorry it wounded you so much, but there is a lot more evidence that Hickman's record with the X-Men goes way beyond the cartoon. So it's kind of a lazy angle to keep rehashing weak punchlines that boil down to 'Hickman is doing Cartoon Jean!' We get it - you're mad she didn't get to show out. But there's more to heaven and earth than those extreme positions from either end of the spectrum. Limiting everything to either 'Jean is useless' or 'Hickman is doing the cartoon version of Jean' is not an accurate summation of what's been presented of either the man's work or how all the X-Men - not just Jean - were handled in that issue. The reality is more nuanced.

You want engagement? That's what it looks like. But you're not going to discuss that, and that's fine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Those characters were, in fact, on the mission. They apparently don't count now because they no longer fit your hyperbolic statement. I understand.

I don't know either, it's clear you lack the ability to do so. You just want people to know Jean fans are angry and we are wrong to disagree. Noted. I look forward to your next wholly rational post about Jonathan Hickman's anti-Jean agenda.
    Yes, Husk and Angel were on the mission. They were the characters we have previously noted to not be in position to react, with reactions to what was happening being the issue at hand.

BANNED

Yes, Husk and Angel were on the mission. They were the characters we have previously noted to not be in position to react, with reactions to what was happening being the issue at hand.
    No, this is a rule you made up when I shot down your previous statement. That said, you're also notably not mentioning Mystique.

BANNED

No, this is a rule you made up when I shot down your previous statement. That said, you're also notably not mentioning Mystique.
    Mystique's reaction to what was happening wasn't weak-willed. She just didn't make it to the lever before she got caught. ???

BANNED

Mystique's reaction to what was happening wasn't weak-willed. She just didn't make it to the lever before she got caught. ???
    Again, this is another shift in your language. First it was that every other character but Jean supposedly 'showed fight' or got in on the action. This was untrue. Now it's about 'will.' There is no evidence Jean was "weak-willed," "incompetent" or "begging for Scott" either.

Just admit you wanted her to do more. It's fine. But it doesn't make Hickman out to get Jean just because she had a different role than you wanted or cared for. It doesn't make her 'weak' either.

Monet is rude to everyone even to Emma. That's just her mofus operandi. He got her voice spot on. Not every character loves every character. Theres also no reason why Monet should.

If you look at it from another angle. Every character worshipped the ground Jean walked on but Emma, X-23, Dazzler and Monet.

X-23 was converted in Red

Monet was sort of rude to Storm too.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-30-2019 at 05:09 PM.

BANNED

Again, this is another shift in your language. First it was that every other character but Jean supposedly 'showed fight' or got in on the action. This was untrue. Now it's about 'will.' There is no evidence Jean was "weak-willed," "incompetent" or "begging for Scott" either.

Just admit you wanted her to do more. It's fine. But it doesn't make Hickman out to get Jean just because she had a different role than you wanted or cared for. It doesn't make her 'weak' either.
    I never said everyone "got in on the action". I said everyone, obviously meaning everyone that was left alive to act, showed "fight", as in resolve, confidence, and toughness in the face of getting wiped out, and doing so without the weak language given to Jean. I also didn't say that she was "begging for Scott", though we can't really say she was far from that either.

As for wanting her to do more, yes. That has already been...admitted(?). Kinda what everyone has been saying.

Much like Exodus Cloak, I imagine this rang true for you because that's how you to see the character if she has to be present in the book. So good for you guys getting the fansservice you want.

The same informs mine. I just don't feel the need to post old pages to defend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    It's only an Emma vs. Jean thing because certain Jean fans like yourself made it into an issue. Nightcrawler and Mr. Sinister also got some brief great character moments, but I don't see you complaining about them like you are Emma.
    I think a lots of people said about Hickman nailing all characters in few panels. Emma is mentioned a lot because it is more blatant with her

I never said everyone "got in on the action". I said everyone, obviously meaning everyone that was left alive to act, showed "fight", as in resolve, confidence, and toughness in the face of getting wiped out, and doing so without the weak language given to Jean. I also didn't say that she was "begging for Scott", though we can't really say she was far from that either.

As for wanting her to do more, yes. That has already been...admitted(?). Kinda what everyone has been saying.

Much like Exodus Cloak, I imagine this rang true for you because that's how you to see the character if she has to be present in the book. So good for you guys getting the fansservice you want.
    What else would you have liked her tpmo do while maintaining contact with Xavier and the Cuckoos from millions of miles away.

Would people have preferred if she did not show empathy and was written like Emma?

And if that was the case they could have got Magneto to chuck the space station into the sun from Earth as his range in AvX verses reached Saturn.

But Hickman wants to place limits on all powers so that feat is very impressive on its own

Her doing both would be Mary Sue levels. They should have just mind controlled people to open the leavers from Krakoa if thats the cass

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Monet is rude to everyone even to Emma. That's just her mofus operandi. He got her voice spot on. Not every character loves every character. Theres also no reason why Monet should.

If you look at it from another angle. Every character worshipped the ground Jean walked on but Emma, X-23, Dazzler and Monet.

X-23 was converted in Red

Monet was sort of rude to Storm too.
    Every x-men created after Jean dead, doesn't give a damn to her. Not even sure if new mutants care that much