Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Namor was amazing. Perfectly in character.

Emma Frost was well handled too. I'm very happy with this issue, it was the best issue of PoX so far. There are so many possibilities from this, I love the "interim" Government idea, it reminds me of Stephen King's the Stand. But who are numbers 13 and 14? Moira and Apocalypse?

Incredible Member

This all might have been gone over already I suppose but I couldn't be bothered reading 30 odd pages because I've been drinking quite heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Same reason I'm a threat to the cinnamon buns as I loom over them like a little piggie while father watches from a distance, his face full of disgust.
    Can Galactus devour black holes?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Dude, what Jean did in Red and what Emma is doing/going to do here are nothing alike, you're trying to compare oranges and apples just because you want to bitch about Emma and say she stole a role that was never Jean to begin with, just because she doesn't fit on it.

Jean is not a millionaire, she doesn't own a Trading Company, she doesn't have the wealth to manage the transportation of Krakoa's drug. Being a businesswoman, the front face of a company etc. It's all part of Emma's character, not Jean's. It would've never made sense for it to be 'Jean's role'.

If you're talking about Emma being present on the UN while the vote for Krakoa's independency was being held. Yes, Jean could've done what Emma did, but she wouldn't have done it, it fit Emma's character more than Jean's.
    Literally this. It's like to satisfy spirit all Pepe Larraz had to do was draw Jean in the background with Beast and that would shut this dumb argument down.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Can Galactus devour black holes?
    Only if they’re in Black Hole flavoured Hostess Fruit Pies.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Namor was amazing. Perfectly in character.

Emma Frost was well handled too. I'm very happy with this issue, it was the best issue of PoX so far. There are so many possibilities from this, I love the "interim" Government idea, it reminds me of Stephen King's the Stand. But who are numbers 13 and 14? Moira and Apocalypse?
    13 and 14 are Cypher and Krakoa. I love them together. And the 12 were possibly spoiled on page I-Have-No-Idea of this thread.

Unrelated but I enjoyed that single panel of Sinister with a bunch of his clones thrown around the room. I wish I had a bunch of me to play with...

LOVED this issue. Emma was glorious in this and showed why exactly she should be the public face with her business acumen on full display. I can't wait for Dawn of X so we can dive into this new world of story potential that Hickman is creating for the mutants.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Dude, what Jean did in Red and what Emma is doing/going to do here are nothing alike, you're trying to compare oranges and apples just because you want to bitch about Emma and say she stole a role that was never Jean's to begin with, just because she doesn't fit on it.

Jean is not a millionaire, she doesn't own a Trading Company, she doesn't have the wealth to manage the transportation of Krakoa's drug. Being a businesswoman, the front face of a company etc. It's all part of Emma's character, not Jean's. It would've never made sense for it to be 'Jean's role'.

If you're talking about Emma being present on the UN while the vote for Krakoa's independency was being held. Yes, Jean could've done what Emma did, but she wouldn't have done it, it fit Emma's character more than Jean's.
    I know very well that Emma is a millionaire and has a trading company. I'm not talking about it.

On Red Jean had a vision of a mutant nation and was talking about her dream, she was the public face of mutants. I'm talking about this

Maybe we read different comics because of what I remember making humans forget about them didn't change a thing, they were going to be killed anyways.
    it has consequences or had because Hickman ignored it

Well, good luck waiting my dude.

I honestly don't expect or care about those crappy stories for Hickman to waste panel time trying to set them right.
    how hiclman gonna explain that Jean got inept?

Autumn
    Apocalypse
    Xavier
    Magneto

Summer
    Shaw
    Frost
    Pryde

Spring
    Sinister
    Exodus
    Mystique

Winter
    Storm
    Marvel Girl
    Nightcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Autumn
    Apocalypse
    Xavier
    Magneto

Summer
    Shaw
    Frost
    Pryde

Spring
    Sinister
    Exodus
    Mystique

Winter
    Storm
    Marvel Girl
    Nightcrawler
    I count more villains on the council that heroes....that doesn't sound good. Some big names missing too...i.e. Cyclops.

I thought every body on that cover plus Moira is on the council

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I know very well that Emma is a millionaire and has a trading company. I'm not talking about it.

On Red Jean had a vision of a mutant nation and was talking about her dream, she was the public face of mutants. I'm talking about this
    Eh, I'm pretty sure Krakoa is going to have many public faces not just Emma, also from what I read Emma is going to be the public face on the business side, which again, makes sense and is certainly not a role for Jean.

Also I'm pretty sure it's confirmed that Jean is on the Council, so chill, she's going to be a leader as well.

it has consequences or had because Hickman ignored it
    Dude it was reverted almost immediately and it literally had no consequences...

how hiclman gonna explain that Jean got inept?
    This is the only part in which I agree a little with you. Yes, Jean's first showing wasn't that good but the situation had to look bad because they needed to die and even then I'm almost convinced that Jean was weakened on her final moments because she kept everyone linked back to Earth helping Xavier "download" the final version of their minds, this without the aid of a Cerebro.
    Last edited by Fantasy Free Me; 09-25-2019 at 03:20 PM.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Extraordinary Member

Listen, Jean is a great lady.

But she's also a lot scarier than Emma ever was.

https://twitter.com/annalisebissa/st...61550533120001

They were almost slaughtered, because they thought everyone forgot. But callahan didn't
    Danke. She said that the scene was pre-PoX5. Which means PoX5 is at a later time. Still probably after Muir Island Saga and before X-Men #1.

uncanny 186 was before pox 5, it is on the ass. editor twitter
    https://twitter.com/annalisebissa/st...61550533120001

She is quoting one of her own tweets from back in May, that’s all about loving Forge’s luxurious interior design in that issue.

She added today “this was pre-POX #5, but it has only intensified since” meaning that old TWEET was before POX #5 existed, but her feelings about Forge (represented by a John Mulaney meme no less, lol) have only intensified with Forge’s latest depiction

in short she wrote two fun tweets expressing her enjoyment of the character, and you saw a bit of pedantic continuity housekeeping. I understand; when you’re as deep in the weeds of continuity-parsing as this thread it’s easier to see everything in those terms (almost like the tetris effect.) And if anyone should know exactly where something falls in continuity, it should be a current X-Men editor! But in this case I’m very sure she was just tweeting about her subjective reaction as a fan.