Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Who was the mutant we were all waiting to see. Any ideas? No one stood out to me as i was waiting to see this mutant.
    Namor, who Hickman has written before in his FF and Avengers runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Namor’s abs, I reckon.
    Ah okay that makes sense. I can see a lot of people wanting to see him.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Namor’s abs, I reckon.
    The only thing I enjoyed on this issue

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    so why was this issue red?
    Nah. This was a normal one. adf.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

It wasn't red

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    I think it has more to do with Jean being written as a scared little girl. Plus her being in a teeny bopper late 60s/early 70s Go-Go outfit with cat mask. She looks ridiculous. And I love her original green mini dress era. And I still love HOX/POX so far. But Jean's portrayal has been problematic and a regression from where she has been (a powerful and confident mutant leader).

Also, in the past Jean and Xavier have had their own secrets (about her telepathy, Changling, Z-Nox, etc) and in the Onslaught story--Jean says she and Xavier still have secrets that the other X-Men don't know about. It will be such a wasted opportunity if Jean isn't in on some of these secrets with Moira and Krakoa. However, I bet Hickman will ignore Jean's closeness with Xavier.

Jean was Xavier's #1 X-Man during the original X-Men years. She was his nurse maid, body guard, and closest confidant. However, many of these straight male creators ignore that and write as if Xavier was closer to Scott than the others. lol

There is even a panel in the original X-Men years where its stated that the other 05 view Xavier as a "helpless criple" but Jean knows his true strength!
    We still doesn't have a frank talk about Krakoawith jea nand Xavier. Writers really play more Scott and Xavier, because they are male and they like father/son drama. Hickman FF was basically father/son problems

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Who was the mutant we were all waiting to see. Any ideas? No one stood out to me as i was waiting to see this mutant.
    Still waiting on Iceman. He wasn't even there when 3 of his classmates came back from the dead.

Hicky pls.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

so last week seemed to set up X-Force and this sets up Marauders.

do we get set up for Excalibur and New Mutants before this ends? who knows about Fallen Angels.

I think a book straight up focused on the council would be interesting.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It wasn't red

We still doesn't have a frank talk about Krakoawith jea nand Xavier. Writers really play more Scott and Xavier, because they are male and they like father/son drama. Hickman FF was basically father/son problems

Hickman playing around with "The Twelve" interesting. I wonder if he's going to reveal that the 12 we got back when were not really the 12 at all.

Wasn't The Twelve supposed to be the worlds most influential mutants or something like that? (No necessarily the most powerful, but of course some would be?)
    Richard Alexander

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Jean wouldn't make sense in the role Xavier just asked Emma to occupy. She doesn't have the longterm experience and Xavier flat out told Emma there will be some shady dealings and covert ops to offer drugs on the ground level in exchange for basically smuggling out mutants in danger in the countries that don't. I mean personally i could make the argument why do all the important characters here from the ground level not represent any diversity on any level, real world or mutant which is a far more potent argument than why couldn't Emma, who has all the history and connections for this moment be replaced by Jean.

I'm just not seeing this hickman dislike for jean when she has done far more than a lot of other characters that people want to see. Add that to her being on almost ALL promotional material she will get her time.
    I don't think he dislikes her. He just has a different understanding of her character than a lot of us Jean fans.

So far, Hickman's Emma and Storm have been great. His Jean has been very weak in personality and in offensive power. In Extraordinary X-Men, Teen Jean gestured at a sentinel and telekinetically took it apart into hundreds of pieces. Hickman's Jean gets murdered by sentinels (of course 90s Jean was also murdered by sentinels lol).

After Red, seeing Jean acting scared and like she didn't know what to do was jarring. Likewise with her referring to Xavier as "sir" and "professor" when she has been on first name basis with him for years. Same with Monet being portrayed as more confident and competent than Jean. As previously stated, add her teenage way outdated 60's Go-Go outfit and you have WTF is up with Jean.

BANNED

It is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I didn't say it was all that, but what moves everything is Reed relationship with his father. I don't even remember who is his mother

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    There's a faction of Jean fans that are jealous cuz all Jean does is:

1) cry
    2) die
    And fans have to accept it ?

Good issue! I like that they expanded on the recent history and the actual start of Krakoa with those scenes with Xavier, Magneto, and Emma. I like the dynamic there, and I like Hickman's voice for Emma.

The x3 era is still interesting, and seems to have some parallels, but exactly how it will play out is unclear. The idea that this is Moira's life 6 seems possible, and that she ascended as part of the Phalanx and therefore had a near unimaginably long lifespan learning all manner of things in that time frame.

The two things that make me unsure of this is that after essentially living forever and seeing all kinds of secret knowledge and learning the mysteries of the universe....Moira promptly returns and then her next life is about eliminating the Trasks. You'd think that such an all encompassing understanding of man/machine would lead to another conclusion. Also, with such an incomprehensibly long life, you'd think that the plight of mutants over a few hundred years on Earth would seem pretty inconsequential. We'll see.

Loved Namor here. Hickman always writes a strong Namor. The idea that Namor is sitting this one out until Xavier openly declares and accepts his own superiority to humankind is a great take.

Also....Kirbons! What an awesome little bit of worldbuilding.

And as much as I'd be okay with the Phoenix never being mentioned again, this is the first time it's brought up in this series, and it actually intrigued me. Maybe Hickman can make me like the concept like he did with the Phalanx.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Still waiting on Iceman. He wasn't even there when 3 of his classmates came back from the dead.

Hicky pls.
    See now that would have made sense to me. Or Synch or any of the other x-men people have been clamoring for. i wasn't thinking namor because he's all over the marvel universe so i was really thinking someone we just haven't seen anywhere. overthinking.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Hickman playing around with "The Twelve" interesting. I wonder if he's going to reveal that the 12 we got back when were not really the 12 at all.

Wasn't The Twelve supposed to be the worlds most influential mutants or something like that? (No necessarily the most powerful, but of course some would be?)
    I thought about that too. I wonder though has Emma skewed it a bit, she deliberately forced Xavier and Magneto to let her pick one of the members. And it's already been spoiled but the 2nd queen is definitely a heroic character from the X-Men.

Still it's interesting that we have the number 12 showing up again to represent 12 mutants holding a position of power on a ruling council. It really makes me wonder if they will revisit the prophecy of the twelve and the Askani Sisterhood. I wonder if future "Mother Askani" (Rachel Summers) and "Mother Sanctity" (Tanya Trask) will show up in this series.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”