Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is all interesting.

The art is good enough, but honestly wasted on so much chit chat.

My problem is where is the story? I thought it was there but can't remember where I saw it.

I am struggling to criticise this book, because I KNOW it lacks so many elements that I require to enjoy a story, but what I can't complain about is Hickman's dialogue which is tricking me into thinking this is some grand story that is going to blow my mind (and hopefully not just my wallet).
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    So why Hickman choose one over another? he wrote a very bad Jean but do amazing for his favorites
    I mean, she was barely in it. In fact, most of the main X-Men have barely been in it. They were basically in it just for Hickman to kill them off.

I wonder if mutants who died before Xavier met Forge cannot be resurrected, like Sway, Petra, Changeling, Thunderbird.

So why Hickman choose one over another? he wrote a very bad Jean but do amazing for his favorites
    I don't understand why you're saying he chose Emma over Jean. They are covering completely different roles. Does a writer need to use only one female telepath at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I don't understand why you're saying he chose Emma over Jean. They are covering completely different roles. Does a writer need to use only one female telepath at a time?
    Jean was the public face of mutants over in Red, she even talked on UN

and the fact that he screwed over Jean characterization

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    I'm surprised by the choice for Red Queen, but considering the role the Marauders are going to play going forward, it makes sense. I am weary of Shaw being involved, seeing that he's always had a terminal case of Chronic Backstabbing Disorder, especially with a role as important as his. I am curious if we're gonna get any setup for titles like Fallen Angels.
    I mean, should Shaw really worry you when Sinister is right there?

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Sinister, apocalypse and Raven. This looks bad

Extraordinary Member

Well at least this answers why there was a reference in HoX #1 (?) about the Forge model and version number of Cerebro.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    spoilers:

It's actually been spoiled already.
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/powers-of...QgnFAyDOX5S2QQ

There is a chance this might change when Dawn of X comes out, but this seems to be the ruling council of 12.
    end of spoilers
    Ah! I mean, it works. I like the choice from Emma. I hope Hickman is also going to pay homage to Whedon, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I wouldn't trust Raven because she's been loyal only to herself in recent years. I can get behind the idea that they're solving a debt and giving her the throne, but trusting her with one from the beginning would be dumb.
    They aren't giving her the throne though, they are giving her an initial seat on the first council.

Personally I would group Jean, Storm, Kurt, Emma, and the 2nd Queen in a council faction. Shaw, Sinister, Mystique in one faction. Exodus and Apocalypse may be more neutral than most people think on this council and equally ready to side with either side in a vote. Xavier and Magneto are running the show. It also appears that Cipher and Krakoa get a vote too, but I expect they'll be voting with each other as a single block most times.

My prediction is that Kurt is nominated and selected to be the first president or first prime minister of Krakoa.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Extraordinary Member

Can everyone slow down with talking about spoilers from a site that might have read something unintended to have been revealed? If it was not in this issue, at least, take it elsewhere.

Emma is not the public face of mutants. She is the economic captain.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Emma is not the public face of mutants. She is the economic captain.
    This is not what the comic says, she was on the UN too

But they don't need someone to appeal to the human population (I would choose Jean or Kitty for that), now they need someone who can appeal to other politicians and shady people. They couldn't care less about human citizens or looking good, but they need human politicians to establish Krakoa as a nation.

Plus Emma owns the Hellfire Club. That's big in money and influence, especially for the drugs.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Sinister, apocalypse and Raven. This looks bad
    It's bad when Apocalypse seems like the least evil person involved here. Yet one of the more dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I wonder if mutants who died before Xavier met Forge cannot be resurrected, like Sway, Petra, Changeling, Thunderbird.
    Right? Xavier seemed to be in his hover-chair when presenting the idea to Forge, which did not debut until the first issue of X-Men in '91. So I guess Xavier did not have a chance to store the mental back-ups of any mutants who died before then.

EDIT: Just re-read and Xavier IS NOT in his hover chair. Oops
    Last edited by Andru; 09-25-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    They aren't giving her the throne though, they are giving her an initial seat on the first council.

Personally I would group Jean, Storm, Kurt, Emma, and the 2nd Queen in a council faction. Shaw, Sinister, Mystique in one faction. Exodus and Apocalypse may be more neutral than most people think on this council and equally ready to side with either side in a vote. Xavier and Magneto are running the show. It also appears that Cipher and Krakoa get a vote too, but I expect they'll be voting with each other as a single block most times.

My prediction is that Kurt is nominated and selected to be the first president or first prime minister of Krakoa.
    You're right, but she'll still have a word in the making of Krakoa.
    I would vote for Kurt, he's a sweetheart. But I think they'd keep a shady, secret council for doing all the bad stuff that needs to be done so in the future.