Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

The Phalanx stuff is so confusing & uninteresting. What is it actually adding to the overall story? Am I missing something here?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

>

Act 1:
    - Year 0: Xavier meets with Forge to explain his plans to upgrade Cerebro to make copies of the minds of all the world's mutants. Forge informs him that he'll basically need unlimited power and unlimited data storage. Xavier states that it's possible with the Shi'Ar technology in his possession. This is followed by one of the infographs which explain how the current version of Krakoa-Cerebro works and how often Xavier makes his back-ups.

Act 2:
    - Year 10: Probably takes place after Emma's X-Men Black chapter but not sure when compared to Uncanny X-Men (2019). Anyway, Xavier and Magneto approach Emma at the Louvre in France. Xavier explains about the companies producing the miracle drugs and reveals to Emma that it was his doing which Emma kind replies "No shit, baldy". Mags and Charles tell Emma about Krakoa and she tells them putting mutants on an island again is a bad idea. However, Magneto explains that the two of them are going forward with the plan away and that this time next year there may be 2 million plus mutants on Krakoa.

The scene fast forwards with all three of them on Krakoa where construction has started. Emma states she'll do it for the children. Xavier and Mags explain that now that she has control of the Hellfire Corp. they need her help to distribute the drugs and in exchange they'll give her a 50 year exclusive distribution contract and 2 seats in the Krakoan government. Emma asks why she needs two seats and Xavier replies that they're gonna need Sebastian Shaw back to life for the plan to work as they're planning to smuggle mutants out of the areas that the Hellfire Club are doing business. Emma is like "WTF? If Shaw's coming back, you're giving me 3 seats". There's an infograph about the structure of the mutant government.

Act 3
    Year X^3: One of the elders talks to one of the Phalanx and gets assimilated. The Librarian asks Nimrod what the hell happened and Nimrod gives this long-ass speech about the evolution of machine intelligence into super intelligence colonies that can cause black holes and shit and I almost passed the fuck out.

But basically in exchange for ascending the Phalanx will consume all life on Earth to refuel their energy.

TBC.

EDIT: Dammit 3 pages while I was typing?
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 09-25-2019 at 06:34 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think he was trying to make the mutant consciousness eternal by uploading it to the Phalanx that would then upload it to it's master. A mutant consciousness can now never truly be destroyed because it's part of a higher intelligence of machines now, so in a way, at least how i read it, he gave the mutant consciousness sentience. Which allowed the new cerebro to be built. It's like we are literally seeing which parts were taken from Moira's past lives to put mutants in the perfect place to always exist. Also if Xavier is able to make the mutants become one, given their consciousness has already ascended, it may be possible for a collective to wrangle control of the higher machine consciousness.
    Ties into my theory that Xavier is wearing Nimrod.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    If only Hickman cared for Jean half of what he does for Emma.
    I really wanted to give him the chance but I feel I won't like what is coming. He is clearly all Emma with Jean as an afterthought
    I mean, you have to admit Emma fits this role very well and it is kind of a needed role in this particular story, so it makes sense for him to use her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Ties into my theory that Xavier is wearing Nimrod.
    So with this theory in mind, then doesn't this just mean that Nimrod is hoping to turn itseld into a machine god using the power of all mutant minds at once?
    I really wanted to give him the chance but I feel I won't like what is coming. He is clearly all Emma with Jean as an afterthought
    Gotta admit something...I don't like Jean either. She's boring.

BANNED

Ngl fam, the part where Nimrod explains cosmic societies and the black hole theory got me kind of horny.

This issue is a 10/10 just for that. Gonna elaborate on the rest later.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Ngl fam, the part where Nimrod explains cosmic societies and the black hole theory got me kind of horny.

This issue is a 10/10 just for that. Gonna elaborate on the rest later.
    That was kinda hot. Instead of the usual bLaCK hOLEs aRE pORtaLS science fiction explanation, we got a really interesting development

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I knew some would have this thought. Even though she / he got lots of hate & grief for it, Spirit was right so far in that Emma is getting all the glory with Jean as a damsel in distress. If anyone ever watched Bleach, Jean = Orihime right now, and that's terrible! lol

It shows that Emma, Magneto, and Sinister are his favorites. Hasn't done much with his other 2 favs. yet, but they may be further down on the love list than the main three.

Xavier got big plans huh

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The cipher is

I think we know what most of it is.

The only question is who gets the chair. Namor? Moira? The second Hellfire Queen?
    Way too many villains

Anyone else see the weird parallel between what the Phalanx does and what Charles is setting up? Are we getting one big reveal of "OMG THE PHALANX ARE MUTANTS" in issue P6?

Great issue, I hope that Marauders continues this fantastic portrayal of Emma.

Also really troubled by why we've been seeing more villains in these pages than heroes... and why the heroes when shown are mostly bland versions of themselves.

Preparing for bamboozle in 5...4...3...

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Way too many villains
    I don't think it's them. Cyclops not being in the council makes little sense.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    So with this theory in mind, then doesn't this just mean that Nimrod is hoping to turn itseld into a machine god using the power of all mutant minds at once?.
    Pretty much. In fact, this is literally spoken about as why Nimrod was built in PoX 1 (to be a mutant consciousness, a living database of all mutants to win a tactical advantage in a war. At the time PoX 1 came out, it didn’t make a lot of sense. I think it does now.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    EDIT: Dammit 3 pages while I was typing?
    Everyone waiting for the start gun, yo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I don't think it's them. Cyclops not being in the council makes little sense.
    Scott not being in the council makes sense because of the X-Men. He shouldn't mix his military/heroic responsibility with politics. Same reason you don't see Beast, Wolverine or Kate in the council.