Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Well, played But, I'm not convinced she remembers only in 3rd person as it turns out she wasn't free afterall
    After Judgement War Jean was no longer having split personality issues (going between herself, Phoenix, and Maddie). She still had the memories and they did effect her after this story (the very next X-factor story she Tk's a hat off a woman who she mistakes as Mastermind while in the park with Scott, she remembers Scott and Jean/Phoenix getting it on in Arizona, and she remembers Scott's proposal to Maddie when he asks her to marry him). That same story Beasts thinks about Jean having other incarnations and they also loved Scott and he loved them. Also in the final 05 X-factor storyline Jean recalls the place on the moon where she died (and references the shared memories). In 281 she mentions the shared memories with "the Phoenix creature".

Despite retcons, in Inferno it is acknowledged that the Phoenix took Jean's consciousness (in the story it says a portion of and in the Classic X-men 8 backup it is implied much more than a portion) and that portion of Jean's consciousness was returned. Most recently Tom Taylor had Jean correct Black Panther in X-men Red who tried to say she wasn't Phoenix by saying she was part of it.

The Uncanny issue where Jean proposes to Scott she remembers their fight for their lives on the moon and it implied that from the cocoon Jean willed the Phoenix/Jean to kill herself on the moon.

In Uncanny 387 Jean states she allowed their (hers and Phoenix) souls to merge. So even with the retcon a part of Jean was there inside the Jean/Phoenix force merger. Plus Jean relived some Jean/Phoenix moments in X-men Forever, and as well in Uncanny 387 where she felt the D'Bari deaths from both perspectives.

All we have is our memories of our experiences so.. even having memories is a big deal but again Jean was part of it based on the references above. I liked in the Jean Grey X-men Monday where one writer said Jean was a composite character (talking about Jean Grey, the Phoenix merger, Maddie Pryor, and Teen Jean).
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 09-28-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    After Judgement War Jean was no longer having split personality issues (going between herself, Phoenix, and Maddie). She still had the memories and they did effect her after this story (the very next X-factor story she Tk's a hat off a woman who she mistakes as Mastermind while in the park with Scott, she remembers Scott and Jean/Phoenix getting it on in Arizona, and she remembers Scott's proposal to Maddie when he asks her to marry him). That same story Beasts thinks about Jean having other incarnations and they also loved Scott and he loved them. Also in the final 05 X-factor storyline Jean recalls the place on the moon where she died (and references the shared memories). In 281 she mentions the shared memories with "the Phoenix creature".

Despite retcons, in Inferno it is acknowledged that the Phoenix took Jean's consciousness (in the story it says a portion of and in the Classic X-men 8 backup it is implied much more than a portion) and that portion of Jean's consciousness was returned. Most recently Tom Taylor had Jean correct Black Panther in X-men Red who tried to say she wasn't Phoenix by saying she was part of it.

The Uncanny issue where Jean proposes to Scott she remembers their fight for their lives on the moon and it implied that from the cocoon Jean willed the Phoenix/Jean to kill herself on the moon.

In Uncanny 387 Jean states she allowed their (hers and Phoenix) souls to merge. So even with the retcon a part of Jean was there inside the Jean/Phoenix force merger. Plus Jean relived some Jean/Phoenix moments in X-men Forever, and as well in Uncanny 387 where she felt the D'Bari deaths from both perspectives.

All we have is our memories of our experiences so.. even having memories is a big deal but again Jean was part of it based on the references above. I liked in the Jean Grey X-men Monday where one writer said Jean was a composite character (talking about Jean Grey, the Phoenix merger, Maddie Pryor, and Teen Jean).
    Yep, Jean's "heart and soul" was there and she continued to remember.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Plus, Prosh further validated that while Jean's original body was in the cocoon, her mind was with the Phoenix.

Sorry for the tired old Jean-Phoenix debate, guys! Continue with your regularly scheduled program.

Still kind of on topic though, because HOX/POX deals with whether you are the same person if your body is cloned, memories are copied, and soul is transferred. So far, it says yes!
    Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 09-28-2019 at 03:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    awe, Sean and Emma were trying to make everyone healthy and they brought the salad!
    Can Sean and Emma be classified as a former couple with benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Can Sean and Emma be classified as a former couple with benefits?
    They never slept with each other nor were they ever in a relationship.

As for the classic X-Men thing. Jeans mind and body was copied her soul wasnt. It was fragmented. A tiny sliver of her soul was placed in the Phoenix then given to Madelyne then given back to Jean.

Her memories from the first perspective were purged so now she remembers the events as an onlooker in the third person. There was never any denying she had memories. Much she remembers them as having never lived them. She was shown the D'Baris deaths in the first person and the moment when the Phoenix destroyed their planet
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-28-2019 at 03:45 PM.

I remember reading the scene when Emma puts herself into a psychic coma, and then Jean jumped into Emma’s body or something.....I remember thinking at the time that it made no sense, and that still seems to be the case, but maybe I’m misremembering?

How did it work? How would Emma avoid death by going into a “psychic coma”? Didn’t the Sentinels kill her body? And same for Jean? None of it seemed to make any sense.

Or am I missing something?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They never slept with each other nor were they ever in a relationship.

As for the classic X-Men thing. Jeans mind and body was copied her soul wasnt. It was fragmented. A tiny sliver of her soul was placed in the Phoenix then given to Madelyne then given back to Jean.

Her memories from the first perspective were purged so now she remembers the events as an onlooker in the third person. There was never any denying she had memories. Much she remembers them as having never lived them. She was shown the D'Baris deaths in the first person and the moment when the Phoenix destroyed their planet
    And, you totally forget the Shi'ar holo-empathic crystal that was imbued with the essence of Jean Grey's personality -- the same crystal that Jean regained the entirety of her memories as Phoenix/Jean Grey -- saying she gave them up in some mental purge is lame as she's clearly remembers those events...

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I remember reading the scene when Emma puts herself into a psychic coma, and then Jean jumped into Emma’s body or something.....I remember thinking at the time that it made no sense, and that still seems to be the case, but maybe I’m misremembering?

How did it work? How would Emma avoid death by going into a “psychic coma”? Didn’t the Sentinels kill her body? And same for Jean? None of it seemed to make any sense.

Or am I missing something?
    Nothing in-story indicates that she put herself in a coma....she was attacked, and the coma was a result. Perhaps an instinctual shut down to not fully process the extent of the damage (similar to what Jean did to Wolverine after the trauma of Magneto ripping the adamantium out of him).
    Last edited by Omega_DCD; 09-29-2019 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Typo

Was watching a review and a reviewer noticed a very interesting thing, that the Librarians place actually resembles the Krakoan tree scene area.
    And its making me wonder if a Nimrod (one of course that's pro-mutantkind) will spring up during the impending Krakoan technology revolution.

I cannot wait for PoX #6 lmao, I need answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Nothing in-story indicates that she put herself in a coma....she was attacked, and the coma was a result. Perhaps an instinctual shut down to not fully process the extent of the damage (similar to what Jean did to Wolverine after the trauma of Magneto ripping the adamantium out of him).
    Its mentioned here that the coma was psionically induced. So it may be a reflex psychically or she instinctively placed herself into one. Which is what the professor alluded too. And thats why there was interference via a 3rd telepath in 282 to 284 even though they couldn't sense one
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-29-2019 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Its mentioned here that the coma was psionically induced. So it may be a reflex psychically but she put instinctively placed herself into one. Which is what the lrofessor alluded to. And thats why there was interference via a 3rd telepath in 282 to 284.l even though they couldn't sense one
    Still could have been an instinctual/reflexive reaction rather than a conscious act of "putting herself in a psychic coma"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I wasn't really commenting on Hix yet, but since you say that, she's actually getting her butt kicked in the X-Men #1 art I've seen.
    It's both. Taking on some Orchis soldiers then getting blindsided by one of them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yep. The 1 preview shot of Storm, and she's getting kicked in the stomach. lol That's not encouraging for a character that hasn't been doing well. I had that happen too, and it's usually a sign things won't be much better for the character if promotion is leading with them getting beaten up. May seem like pessimism, but I think it's proper caution since they couldn't be bothered to show a more flattering image for the character.
    Don't hurt yourself with that reach.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Don't hurt yourself with that reach.
    I have gotten good at spotting warning signs for when writers don't have much good planned for certain characters early on. However, that was Marauders & Duggan is writing, so I should give him more credit. After all, he did save Deadpool after Daniel Way fucked him up for 5 years. He also did justice to Creed in just a 4-issue guest appearance than other writers for full arcs.

However, I usually I tend to be right with some of these warning signs. Some see it as pessimism, but in some cases, it's just logic from previous records. Example for 1 former fav..

With one of my favs. I called their less than good performance to a T back at end of last year. lol

We had solicits for War of Realms Uncanny with Creed coming back & written by Rosenberg.
    RCO001_1558571383.jpg
    I called that not being good #1 because of this cover. lol Then due to Rosenberg's bad writing in Phoenix Resurrection. And I was right. Sadly

We move to HOX previews, where the one shot of him we got during an X-Monday was this.
    2019-05-19.jpg
    I spotted numerous red flags from this 1 panel. And I was right about all of them. lol

Myself & Jean fans have been shown as right to worry for our favs. given the warning signs we got early on and what we're getting now. But Jean could be saved in X-Force.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-29-2019 at 11:18 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Nothing in-story indicates that she put herself in a coma....she was attacked, and the coma was a result.

UX-Men-281

UX-Men-283

I thought it pretty clear that Emma had the consciousness squeezed out of her and she slipped into a coma where she remained until Uncanny X-Men #313...

Perhaps an instinctual shut down to not fully process the extent of the damage (similar to what Jean did to Wolverine after the trauma of Magneto ripping the adamantium out of him).