Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Just some thoughts. You can't really bitch about Jean not being involved here. She just doesn't fit this part of the story. And seriously. Hickman has just focused mostly on the men in these 2 series. There are A LOT of female X-Men that have been side-lined in this mini. So let's not get into the Hickman doesnt like Jean Grey non-sense.

Something I would have liked though was to see more of Monet, Roberto and Warren in this scenario. They would make more sense.

This is my favorite issue of PoX BECAUSE of it focusing less on the future stuff and more on Krakoa. I actually wish Krakoa got more focus. Can't wait to see how it all functions in the DoX series.

I like that Emma was brought in. I like that she called everything out that many of us have been discussing. And I LOVE that she would give it another shot for the children. THAT made sense to me.

It will be interesting to see who will be on the council but i definitely don't thinkt that Sinister should be allowed to have a seat with is faux mutantness. Plus he's a fucking traitor. But going by that Deodato promo pic I hope he isn't.

I'll add more thoughts later.
    Last edited by CGAR; 09-25-2019 at 07:22 AM.

I thank God that Jean and Emma are going to be in different series.

But if Marauders sell more than X-Force or Emma is in a number more than Jean of X-Men we will have plenty of drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Well now we know why Shaw is back or why Namor isn't with Xavier.

Say what you want about Emma but as anyone she wants to believe in a better future even though everything in her being says that a mutant nation is a bad idea she still allows herself to believe for the children and the future.
    Yeah Emma was like "SERIOUSLY!!" You want to put us all on another island with a giant target on our backs! What the hell are you and Magneto smoking these days!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    *Emma being written well for the first time in years.*

X-Fans: Why does Hickman hate Jean so much??!
    Well on that note, Jean being alive & doing well (in Red) for the first time in more years, then straight to Hickman regressing her back to the 60's. lol

In the end, no fan wants their favorites treated like crap. So when it happens, said fans are gonna vent. Especially if their favorite already got killed off hyping one of the pets to take her place & her husband. lol

I am not a Jean fan. But I can empathize with many being pissed or less than happy with Hickman's depiction thus far.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    *Emma being written well for the first time in years.*

X-Fans: Why does Hickman hate Jean so much??!
    I think it has more to do with Jean being written as a scared little girl. Plus her being in a teeny bopper late 60s/early 70s Go-Go outfit with cat mask. She looks ridiculous. And I love her original green mini dress era. And I still love HOX/POX so far. But Jean's portrayal has been problematic and a regression from where she has been (a powerful and confident mutant leader).

Also, in the past Jean and Xavier have had their own secrets (about her telepathy, Changling, Z-Nox, etc) and in the Onslaught story--Jean says she and Xavier still have secrets that the other X-Men don't know about. It will be such a wasted opportunity if Jean isn't in on some of these secrets with Moira and Krakoa. However, I bet Hickman will ignore Jean's closeness with Xavier.

Jean was Xavier's #1 X-Man during the original X-Men years. She was his nurse maid, body guard, and closest confidant. However, many of these straight male creators ignore that and write as if Xavier was closer to Scott than the others. lol

There is even a panel in the original X-Men years where its stated that the other 05 view Xavier as a "helpless criple" but Jean knows his true strength!
    Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 09-25-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It was ok. This issue had some interesting things. Really reminds me of Dune with all that drug story.

Kinda tired to read about characters that I don`t care a lot about while all my favorites are in limbo.
    Especially with the machine super-intellegence everyone is worried about. But let's remember the most important lesson from Dune, people: don't let mental ghosts control your body, especially your morbidly obese grandfather. Also, don't think you can write another successful series just because your dad did it. And also the part about how being the messiah is a shitty job.

Jean moved her ass to a space base on a suicide mission to save the world while Emma was just being sassy with a human court.

We can interpret things in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Everyone waiting for the start gun, yo.
    I loved your super sarcastic summary that was truly awesome!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BUT I do see how it can be frsutrating going from X-Men Red Jean Grey to the one showing up in HoxPox. She was being way more proactive and a leader for mutants in that series.

A problem with Marvel comics going such a wide scope is partly a consequence of Hickman avengers run. There he tried to write the ultimate fincal act for Marvel where Doom was positioned to asccend. Pretty much a spiritual succesor of Secret War.

Here he writes on a similair scope with Earths ultimate future, Mutants and humans. Yet he clearly defines the scope in a way that hurts his story. It's not Hickmans fault but more a consequence of Marvel reaching to far over the years with cosmic concepts.

He fixes the concepts like eternity and infinity by considering this asccension problem as a normal part of universe functions. Otherwise we just have Dr Strange contact Eternity or Quasar contact Infinity. Marvel has put humans in such influencial positions and yet Hickman wants to stay inside the traditional Marvel box with this story. By considering the power and importance of these concepts we must also accept how normalised and trivialised they have been in other stories. With Hickmans avengers run a prime example where he quickly outscaled these entities.

It's more problemactic with the Phoenix and Galactus. What would stop Galactus from consuming the world on behalf of some human or simply after Reed Richards are gone. Generally one would assume it's becasue they can fight of Galactus and he therefore leaves them alone. Well if a society can do that then why does the nth asscended pahalanx fear Galactus? The same with the Phoenix. So intimatly tied to mutants that if the need to summon it where there it's hard to wonder why it never was. Maybe that is best explained away with the Phoenix never truly rested on Jean or Rachel. Only small parts. That the Phoenix isn't aware of these connections. It exists outside of them. Simply a rebirth cycle where these connections are purged in fire for every new manifistation.

In gneral I applaud Hickman for staying inside the outlined Power structure of the Marvel universe. It just becomes so much harder to write it =)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Comics Beat article with possible spoilers regarding Kate.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/powers-of...QgnFAyDOX5S2QQ
    Some people really have good eyes. lol

Nice list and it also explains the second queen in marauders. Interesting. I couldn't imagine a world where storm left kitty to work alone with Emma and Shaw. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm just so glad that Emma and mystique aren't working together again, lord blessed be, my prayers were heard omg

Also this was a pretty solid issue, I love the involvement of Emma and how Hickman used her wealth and trading company to place her into such an important role.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Dang forget to mention, any thoughts on the Krakoan reconstruction of the tower of ascension (as Moira thinks of it in PoX #1)? We haven’t actually seen Moira live to the ascension era yet, so to her it would just be the shape of Nimrod’s Citadel... OR SO THEY THOUGHT.
    We have to presume based on the premise of PoX that everything we are seeing is part of a life of Moira. Either from life 6, or more radically as a result of life 9 where the Dominion reach the Omega point where all of history and all historic consciousness is resurrected including Moira. In other words life 9 also contained another life thousands of years later.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Jean wouldn't make sense in the role Xavier just asked Emma to occupy. She doesn't have the longterm experience and Xavier flat out told Emma there will be some shady dealings and covert ops to offer drugs on the ground level in exchange for basically smuggling out mutants in danger in the countries that don't. I mean personally i could make the argument why do all the important characters here from the ground level not represent any diversity on any level, real world or mutant which is a far more potent argument than why couldn't Emma, who has all the history and connections for this moment be replaced by Jean.

I'm just not seeing this hickman dislike for jean when she has done far more than a lot of other characters that people want to see. Add that to her being on almost ALL promotional material she will get her time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

So presumably Exodus does bring some of the Acolytes with him? Hard to make out who from that. Voght and Unuscione? 2 guys?

Looks like Omega Red and the other Omega's are on board too.

I think there's no way Namor comes if he's not on the council.

Especially with the for the children line Emma is going to tell them to bring back her fallen students as soon as she learns of the resurrection stuff. The Hellions. Skin. Synch. All the New X-Men kids. And that's a good thing.

I can sort of get Shaw on the council but Mystique still seems an odd choice. Even potentially Nightcrawler and Jean?