Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    As for wanting her to do more, yes. That has already been...admitted(?).
    Fine. Wanting her to do more is a valid opinion. But that want or lack thereof is not the same thing as 'Jean was weak and pathetic in this issue, and Hickman clearly hates her and has reduced her to Cartoon Jean!'

So good for you guys getting the fansservice you want.
    I got no fan service from any character in these books so far, lol. That shit has never interested me.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Forge needs to be more brown

Mighty Member

I guarantee that if it was Emma in place of Jean on the station and everything happened the same way Emma fans would have problems with her portrayal. Claiming that's not the Emma they know and she would never act that way. Just like they had issues with Callahan getting the better of her in Rosenberg's Uncanny. Just like some Cyclops fans feel like Scott is being to subservient to Xavier in HOX/POX. After awhile some characters get to a certain point that is their default "setting" Their fans get used to them being portrayed that way (such as revolutionary Cyclops) so when that character is then portrayed counter to that it tends to be called out by that character's fans. The Jean on that station was not the Jean we've seen since her return thru Red.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Forge needs to be more brown
    That's too much for Marvel. We're lucky Monet is brown. And Sunspot is darker than many so far, so that's even more progress. To add Forge too...may be pushing it with Marvel.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-30-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    That's too much for Marvel. We're lucky Monet is brown. And Sunspot is darker than many so far, so that's even more progress. lol To add Forge too...may be pushing it. lol
    dani is brown. we can't really ask much to marvel

I want to see Tempo, Tempus, Velocidad and Kid Nixon combine powers

Elixir, Christopher Muse, Morlock Healer and Sister Salvation too

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    What else would you have liked her tpmo do while maintaining contact with Xavier and the Cuckoos from millions of miles away.

Would people have preferred if she did not show empathy and was written like Emma?

And if that was the case they could have got Magneto to chuck the space station into the sun from Earth as his range in AvX verses reached Saturn.

But Hickman wants to place limits on all powers so that feat is very impressive on its own

Her doing both would be Mary Sue levels. They should have just mind controlled people to open the leavers from Krakoa if thats the cass
    By this same writer, "Rasputin" was able to show that she cared about Cylobel AND show that she has some level of prowess as a warrior before ultimately being unsuccessful. A couple of you guys are having to stretch so hard to pretend I'm talking about something beyond the pale and I really don't understand the effort behind it.

I wanted Jean to slam one robot into another, try to do something else to another one, and then get blasted to smithereens or whatever. The point is that she fights like hell and acts like she had business being there THEN gets deaded, rather than being corny for all of 2 issues. "Eeek I don't know what to do / come with me / did you hear what he said" BARF.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    So Jean with Monet's help maintained a tp link from to space to Krakoa and that's all well and good but some seem to think that is some impressive display of tp ability. (Wouldn't you say erasing the existence of yourself or of all mutants in the world a more impressive display of tp ability) which Emma did by the way. Also like some have said it's not about feats, its about characterization. Jean is seen as almost scared, afraid and practically crying for Scott to come save her. Not even putting up a fight at the end when the Sentinels come for her. Meanwhile characterization for Emma consists of her walking into a secret prison like she owns it, insulting the staff and walking by out with Sabretooth. And then having Xavier and Magneto (who was trying to kill her recently) cowtowing to her to help them and practically giving in to her demands. That's the difference between the two and that's what Jean fans are reacting to. Emma comes off like a badass who gets whatever she wants and owns people, while Jean comes off as weak willed, unsure, almost like some rookie and not a veteran X-man. Looking at this objectively Emma clearly comes off in a better light. Wheather Hickman is doing this intentionally I cannot say, I would hope not.
    Actually objectively speaking, taking out everything you feel about Jean and Emma, Jean comes off looking better.

Jean is on a mission that we seen is panda-mount to the future of mutant kind. Jean is able to maintain a link so that everyone on this mission can be reborn to the closet possible point and did it all the way from space even after she no longer had monet's assistance. She may have not been sure she could do it, but she actually did it and with no problem at all. When she returns she is hailed as a hero by all of Karoka publically. Everyone knows and loves her for the sacrifice she made for mutant kind.

Emma on the other hand mentally manipulated the U.N. Has to go and basically bring Shaw, a man that has abused her countless times back into the fold and actually work with him for the betterment of mutantkind. No one knows what she did, no one is cheering Emma on. No one is getting a better impression of her. She just did what she did and got what she got out of it and will have to deal with what she has to deal with.

So objectively speaking Emma didn't really get the better end of the deal.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

By this same writer, "Rasputin" was able to show that she cared about Cylobel AND show that she has some level of prowess as a warrior before ultimately being unsuccessful. A couple of you guys are having to stretch so hard to pretend I'm talking about something beyond the pale and I really don't understand the effort behind it.

I wanted Jean to slam one robot into another, try to do something else to another one, and then get blasted to smithereens or whatever. The point is that she fights like hell and acts like she had business being there THEN gets deaded, rather than being corny for all of 2 issues. "Eeek I don't know what to do / come with me / did you hear what he said" BARF.
    You wanted her to do that while maintaining contact with Krakoa or breaking contact and slamming the sentinel. I have no problem with the second but the mission would be a failure

Hickman is obviously establishing limits as this would have been equally ridiculous (see scan below)

They could have swapped Monets role for Jeans role and let Monet maintain contact and Jean go out punching but I'd wager a guess people would still be complaining

The Sentinels probably have tk shielding too like the Shiar had
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-30-2019 at 05:40 PM.

You wanted her to do that while maintaining contact with Krakoa or breaking contact and slaming the sentinel. I have no problem with the second but the mission would be a failure

Hickman is obviously establishing limits as this would have been equally ridiculous

They could have swapped Monets role for Jeans role and let Monet maintain comtact but I'd wager a guess people would still be complaining
    The mission was over when they destroyed the master mold. She could just turn it off and try to fly the shuttle or try to fight the sentinels.
    Nothing complicated here

BANNED

You wanted her to do that while maintaining contact with Krakoa or breaking contact and slaming the sentinel. I have no problem with the second but the mission would be a failure

Hickman is obviously establishing limits
    Is there a rule that you can't TP and TK at the same time? That's actually a good rule from a balancing/anti-overpowering standpoint and would have been a neat point to establish were it a thing.

Grrr! You guys just made me look back at the issue. Xavier asks Jean if they can complete the mission and she says she doesn't know because she's Hickman's Jean and because some other character needs to have a moment to correct her and show he's got the confidence she doesn't. Just...barf. I can't believe you guys are defending this, to be honest.

Is there a rule that you can't TP and TK at the same time? That's actually a good rule from a balancing/anti-overpowering standpoint and would have been a neat point to establish were it a thing.

Grrr! You guys just made me look back at the issue. Xavier asks Jean if they can complete the mission and she says she doesn't know because she's Hickman's Jean and because some other character needs to have a moment to correct her and show he's got the confidence she doesn't. Just...barf. I can't believe you guys are defending this, to be honest.
    Obviously its established that there is a limit and she had to concentrate 100% to complete the mission. So maybe Hickman is establishing limits which is fine especially when you consider how far she was maintaining the link from.

It made her vulnerable thats why they sent two telepaths

She had to relay everything to Krakoa she succeeded

BANNED

Some of you should just give up and surrender to the fact that Jeansus can't fail, have any moment of weakness or shine less than the sun itself, like our fellow posters are kindly trying to prove.

Maybe they should have sent her with a mini cerebra or a third telepath with invulnerability. Or let Rogue borrow powers

She doesn't has the minimum resolve to deal with anything. She looked like a complete rookie on her first mission