Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667

Seriously knock it off with the derailment people.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Id actually go as far to say the humans could have put up better defenses. In Second Coming they had better protocols. The last bastion for humanity and they don't set up anti X-Men protocols.

Like blocking Kurts teleportation with an EM barrier.
    Place a magic barrier an anti telepath shield. At least for the core X-Men
    The Nimrod barrier was crazy strong in Second Coming. Thor couldn't put it down. I think it's safe to assume they have some countermeasures to some dangerous mutant powers like teleportation and telekinesis. I can see having anti-psionic tech to neutralize any kind of psychic power not just TP.

The Jean Grey discussion still going on is hilarious.
    Last edited by Veitha; 10-01-2019 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    She was also injured and considerably traumatized by the end of the Orchis mission. Jean is not infallible, despite the '90s approach to her character which led a generation of readers raised on bad comics to view her that way.
    Also, can we see her not only keeping the psi-link but allowing Xavier to store their memories as they went on the mission? Because that's what it looks like to me, as an explation to why the TP link was so crucial (that and knowing for sure who was dying because otherwise no Resurrection could occur) and why she was so strained. Sending some words is one thing, sending backup copies of their recent memories is another.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Is there a rule that you can't TP and TK at the same time? That's actually a good rule from a balancing/anti-overpowering standpoint and would have been a neat point to establish were it a thing.

Grrr! You guys just made me look back at the issue. Xavier asks Jean if they can complete the mission and she says she doesn't know because she's Hickman's Jean and because some other character needs to have a moment to correct her and show he's got the confidence she doesn't. Just...barf. I can't believe you guys are defending this, to be honest.
    Nope! See: Emma Frost. h, wait!