Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From GWW twitter:

"Wondertrev fans who are angry with me today: I feel your pain, and I remind you that nothing in superhero comics ever stays dead, whether it's Wolverine or your favorite OTP. �� Never fear."

"I am actually happy never shipped them, so does that mean , so does that mean Atlantiades has chance now with Diana? ��"

"It's a possibility"

https://twitter.com/GWillowWilson/st...90967000313857
    Meh, it's a meaningless separation to me, since love is dead. I do ship them, but am so not into GWW's writing of Steve or Diana that I haven't been reading but bits and pieces. Not that he's been prominent in her run (I want more Steve and Etta and non-Island stuff). But mostly, it holds no weight with me because of the current state of events. Then entire reaction of the world to love being dead is very strange to me. From descriptions, I guess it's a very broad love that's dead, it seems, even down to what I'd call a lack of looking after one's self-interest (no love for self, either, I guess).
    Last edited by Tzigone; 09-26-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Meh, it's a meaningless separation to me, since love is dead. I do ship them, but am so not into GWW's writing of Steve or Diana that I haven't been reading but bits and pieces. Not that he's been prominent in her run (I want more Steve and Etta and non-Island stuff). But mostly, it holds no weight with me because of the current state of events. Then entire reaction of the world to love being dead is very strange to me. From descriptions, I guess it's a very broad love that's dead, it seems, even down to what I'd call a lack of looking after one's self-interest (no love for self, either, I guess).
    It makes no sense, the Dr. guy still loved the piece of paper his PhD was printed on and someone else no longer loves their dog, but they love their Rolex. Apparently none of this was thought out well.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

From GWW twitter:

"Wondertrev fans who are angry with me today: I feel your pain, and I remind you that nothing in superhero comics ever stays dead, whether it's Wolverine or your favorite OTP. 😂 Never fear."

"I am actually happy never shipped them, so does that mean , so does that mean Atlantiades has chance now with Diana? 😏"

"It's a possibility"

Except that I don't think there is any natural chemistry between Diana and Atlantiades. Any relationship between them would seem very forced.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    There was almost no build up, she just woke up after falling unconscious from her fight with Cheetah and he tells her this has been a long time coming and he leaves her.
    Oh no, no, no ,no, NO.

FIRST we have the whole revelation between Maggie and Atalantiades that the latter is in love with Wonder Woman. Really for real love, not the weak thing Steve has.

Who, by the way, is the only one who can save her. Atlantiades, that is. Not Steve.

God, this made me gag.

How the hell did Diana not have her arms cut off by that sword.

How does Cheetah get shot.

How does a bleeding Dian pick Cheetah up by the scruff of the neck like she’s a bad kitty cat. Jesus, I’m surprised Diana didn’t spray her with a squirt bottle!

This is just... ugh!
    Last edited by brettc1; 09-26-2019 at 10:49 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

From GWW twitter:

"Wondertrev fans who are angry with me today: I feel your pain, and I remind you that nothing in superhero comics ever stays dead, whether it's Wolverine or your favorite OTP. 😂 Never fear."

"I am actually happy never shipped them, so does that mean , so does that mean Atlantiades has chance now with Diana? 😏"

"It's a possibility"

This wouldn't surprise me. It doesn't even really bother me. Just hope if this is going to become a thing or start to be developed, that it'll be something Orlando handles because thus far pretty much everything has been underwhelming in this run.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This wouldn't surprise me. It doesn't even really bother me. Just hope if this is going to become a thing or start to be developed, that it'll be something Orlando handles because thus far pretty much everything has been underwhelming in this run.
    Underwhelming would be a step up at this stage.

Even when Diana wins a fight at last, it is presented in such a blasé manner that it fails to achieve any sense of victory.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

From GWW twitter:

"Wondertrev fans who are angry with me today: I feel your pain, and I remind you that nothing in superhero comics ever stays dead, whether it's Wolverine or your favorite OTP. �� Never fear."

"I am actually happy never shipped them, so does that mean , so does that mean Atlantiades has chance now with Diana? ��"

"It's a possibility"

Years ago, when my fave Tom Tresser and Diana broke up, I thought it was GREAT.

The reason is Gail Simone handled the situation pretty well. Sadly she did not follow up on it, maybe partly because she was pulled off the book in favour of self-heralded WW Saviour J Michael Strazynski (who left after four issues).

But that was Tom manning up and showing some self esteem. And they parted pretty amiably.

This whole farce with Steve just seems incredibly forced. Your girlfriend does pay enough attention to for a while, so you up and leave her. What the hell!?

To me, right now it shows that a guy can’t handle his female partner having her own job, while Lois Lane forges ahead, and doesn’t feel like Clark has to call her every time his in trouble in order for her ego to stay intact.

The theory that Atlantiades is mentally manipulating Steve is intriguing. Especially since only a few issues ago Aphrodite said how much she was impressed by him (and their couplings).

But if the writer decides this is just Steve being to fragile, then all I can say is it’s a poor choice.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    This whole farce with Steve just seems incredibly forced. Your girlfriend does pay enough attention to for a while, so you up and leave her. What the hell!?

To me, right now it shows that a guy can’t handle his female partner having her own job, while Lois Lane forges ahead, and doesn’t feel like Clark has to call her every time his in trouble in order for her ego to stay intact.

The theory that Atlantiades is mentally manipulating Steve is intriguing. Especially since only a few issues ago Aphrodite said how much she was impressed by him (and their couplings).

But if the writer decides this is just Steve being to fragile, then all I can say is it’s a poor choice.
    Didn't something happen to all sorts of love and empathy, like just recently?

Seriously, it's like you people's dislike of Wilson's run causes you to miss the huge big firework of a plot development two issues ago, and instead causes you to insert your own fears of the coming plot and interpreting that as fact.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I thought this issue and run has been great. I am kind of confused why people are upset Steve left Diana in a world where no Love exists i almost expect it. To me it showed how deep their love was, the only thing that could make them move away from each other was if love doesn't exist in the world. Steve and diana can only be apart in a world of villians. I thought it was poetic.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

Seriously, it's like you people's dislike of Wilson's run causes you to miss the huge big firework of a plot development two issues ago, and instead causes you to insert your own fears of the coming plot and interpreting that as fact.
    I didn't miss it, but the problem is even before Aphrodite was killed, Steve was whining and moaning about how Diana doesn't pay any attention to him. I do think it's the absence of love that resulted in Steve leaving, but there was lead up to it that lent it credence.

I just want to know why war didn't stop when Ares died.

An excellent question.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I didn't miss it, but the problem is even before Aphrodite was killed, Steve was whining and moaning about how Diana doesn't pay any attention to him. I do think it's the absence of love that resulted in Steve leaving, but there was lead up to it that lent it credence.

Bingo.

My dislike of Wilson’s run is based on the run, not my fears. Even if she puts Steve and Diana back together, it’s don’t make the run good. Just less disappointing.

And again... Lois Lane doesn’t spend a lot of time mopping about how Clark is too busy. And no mature adult guy walks out on a relationship just because they feel neglected without trying to work through the issues.

Basically, GWW writes Steve as a whinny mop and Diana as largely ineffective. Her plots lack logical resolutions - Diana got trashed two issues ago by Godkiller Cheetah whose sword can shred her bracelets, yet this time she blocks the attack with bare arms.

And there is STILL NO MENTION OF THE MISSING LASSO?! It was on her hip when she confronted Cheetah in issue 77, and we haven’t seen it since.

Diana doesn’t think while she is holding Cheetah by the scruff to ask where it is?!

SERIOUSLY?
    Last edited by brettc1; 09-27-2019 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post

I read those passages differently. If we look at #76, Steve has doubts on what Diana feels for him, but I read it not as whining but as honest fears that any person in a long-distance relationship can feel, and then we have both Aphrodite reassuring him that their love is real and how their reunion is handled by both Wilson and Garbett.

Then we have the shade of Steve in #70, but that was just Diana's doubts over Steve's feelings for her made flesh.

And then we have Steve in #65, where Steve is worried about Diana, and said he might be tired of waiting for Diana, but never of Diana herself. I'm not reading it as whining, rather as emotional maturity.

So I read them as a couple that has to overcome the practical difficulties of often being separated and also the doubts about them from people around them, but who are highly devoted to each other.

As for your question, it's a good one, and I'm not sure we're going to get an answer (the danger of superhero comics). The first possibility that comes to mind is that Ares was killed in his prison, which was in some form of mystic extradimensional space, while Aphrodite was killed in "our" world. But it might be something else. I'm chalking it down as "mysterious theology" for now, and if we get an answer it'll be cool, but otherwise I'll manage as long as the story is good.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So they went out of their way to make writters make more characters, just so the editors don't have to actualy do their job, if that's true, it's admirable how lazy they are, unfortunately, it's not the good kind of lazyness that is actualy interesting or good.
    I'm to a point, where I'm reluctant to care who's sharing the comic, with Diana, since the Bat-editors probably wont keep them around, long enough to develop them, anyway. Furthermore, the substitutes for Etta and the others have become to me, as tiresome, as they are pointless.

Painfully apparent in WW #79...
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-27-2019 at 07:56 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

That's not what we're upset about, we're upset at Wilson's weak build up and poor characterization of Steve as a result of this plot she wanted to write up.

Wilson, in my opinion, just isn't a good writer.