Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wonder Woman 79 SPOILERS

So Willow just killed Steve x Diana in the most unemotional way, lol. That or the artist is incapable of giving a damn and drawing emotion and expressions.

They're on a break? What exactly occurred?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They're on a break? What exactly occurred?
    There was almost no build up, she just woke up after falling unconscious from her fight with Cheetah and he tells her this has been a long time coming and he leaves her.

Lol, oookay. Don't know at this point whether this should be seen as very temporary or if the plan is to set up for Orlando to explore another relationship later.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Lol, oookay. Don't know at this point whether this should be seen as very temporary or if the plan is to set up for Orlando to explore another relationship later.
    Either it's fixed at the end by Atlantiades or they start a relationship between Atlantiades and Diana. Those are my guesses.

Of course her movie is coming around soon and Steve's in that, so who knows if they'll keep Steve x Diana apart for long. I'd be all over the WonderBat tag from this, but DC already sold Batman over to Catwoman, so there goes any sliver of my WonderBat ship in Rebirth era, lol.

Other than all my complaints and disdain for this run, I'll say that I liked the fight between Cheetah and Diana here. She also lifts Cheetah up by the neck which is always hilarious.

I don't mind Atlantiades, that might be interesting. But damn, writers just don't care about Steve. Normally I would think about movie synchronization, DC loves that, but when it comes to WW who the hell knows, its not like they capitalized on the success of her film at all in the comics last time around. Nothing to make me think they'll pay it anymore mind this time around even if its just as big a hit. So we'll see where that goes.

I'm of opposite mind though on the Batman thing. I'm absolutely ecstatic that he's attached to the hip with Catwoman again not only because I enjoy them, but also because I'd be loathe to see them even remotely attempt to go back to that JLU well.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 09-25-2019 at 02:00 PM. Reason: language, please :)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Either it's fixed at the end by Atlantiades or they start a relationship between Atlantiades and Diana. Those are my guesses.

Of course her movie is coming around soon and Steve's in that, so who knows if they'll keep Steve x Diana apart for long. I'd be all over the WonderBat tag from this, but DC already sold Batman over to Catwoman, so there goes any sliver of my WonderBat ship in Rebirth era, lol.

Other than all my complaints and disdain for this run, I'll say that I liked the fight between Cheetah and Diana here. She also lifts Cheetah up by the neck which is always hilarious.
    I feel like Atlantiades is there to take Aphrodite's place as the goddess of love.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    There was almost no build up, she just woke up after falling unconscious from her fight with Cheetah and he tells her this has been a long time coming and he leaves her.
    Oh no, no, no ,no, NO.

FIRST we have the whole revelation between Maggie and Atalantiades that the latter is in love with Wonder Woman. Really for real love, not the weak thing Steve has.

Who, by the way, is the only one who can save her. Atlantiades, that is. Not Steve.

God, this made me gag.

How the hell did Diana not have her arms cut off by that sword.

How does Cheetah get shot.

How does a bleeding Dian pick Cheetah up by the scruff of the neck like she’s a bad kitty cat. Jesus, I’m surprised Diana didn’t spray her with a squirt bottle!

This is just... ugh!
    Last edited by brettc1; 09-26-2019 at 10:49 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor