Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I found this unfair. Steve has been good with many other writers.
    I've definitely enjoyed Steve at times. I liked golden age him, and I really like the year one version. I'd like to see more of him (and Etta) done well. I want to see more of them. A consistent supporting cast is good, and they are the best bet for it, even if I'm not especially fond of military!Etta, because I like Etta being further removed from Steve and Diana being the link between the two. And Diana having an outlet to the civilian world as well as military.

I've always found the Greek pantheons use in DC Comics kind of silly and I really dislike the "all pantheons exist!" approach too. The Gods would be far more interesting if they were global, avatars for certain ideas and values, but I would like it more if not every Wonder Woman story had to intimately involve them.
    The gods kinda bore me, except in small doses. I don't care about them being global or whatnot. Just keep them in small doses and remember that the in Greek pantheon, gods will be looking after their own interests, choosing their own favorites, etc. Aphrodite should be the one most tied to the Amazons, because of her history in the fandom.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't mind Atlantiades, that might be interesting. But damn, writers just don't care about Steve. Normally I would think about movie synchronization, DC loves that, but when it comes to WW who the hell knows, its not like they capitalized on the success of her film at all in the comics last time around. Nothing to make me think they'll pay it anymore mind this time around even if its just as big a hit. So we'll see where that goes.

I'm of opposite mind though on the Batman thing. I'm absolutely ecstatic that he's attached to the hip with Catwoman again not only because I enjoy them, but also because I'd be loathe to see them even remotely attempt to go back to that JLU well.
    To be honest, I've never been sold on the idea with Catwoman and Batman together. She's still a criminal and against his very moral fibre. It's just like those tropes where good guy/girl meets and likes a bad guy/girl. Their relationship is more like lust than love. But then again with good writing you can make any relationship good. It doesn't matter. And we never got to really explore Bruce-Diana relationship in JLU. It's been like that since the late 60s, they come close to it but ultimately nothing further is shown.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackestDay View Post
    To be honest, I've never been sold on the idea with Catwoman and Batman together. She's still a criminal and against his very moral fibre. It's just like those tropes where good guy/girl meets and likes a bad guy/girl. Their relationship is more like lust than love. But then again with good writing you can make any relationship good. It doesn't matter. And we never got to really explore Bruce-Diana relationship in JLU. It's been like that since the late 60s, they come close to it but ultimately nothing further is shown.
    I loathe the idea of Diana/Bruce (indeed I'd never thought of it until JLU, and that's what made me hate it, since animated verse also had the Barbara thing and the Lois one and it's like every woman wanted Bruce and I have so many issues with how Bruce went after Batman:TAS flipped over).

I do like Catwoman and Batman. I don't normally go for villain/hero, but they are grandfathered in to me. I started liking them when I was a kid and before I came to hate the trope. But I like them with older-school versions of their characters. Where Bruce was emotionally healthier and Selina was specifically not a killer. And then she went straight and started doing hero stuff. That's when I'd have them get together - once both are heroes. Or she is at least doing Leverage-style stealing from the evil. Not a hero with a a villain (him ignoring his morals for her and being a hypocrite) and not her changing to be with him.

But I hate King's take on it. It's unhealthy and creepy the way it completely diminishes all the other relationships in Bruce's life, especially those with his kids. It's like she's all that matters, the only joy in his life, blah blah blah. And I'm annoyedabout what he did to Holly, too (complete character assassination).

But then again with good writing you can make any relationship good.
    This is probably especially true for comic books in the sense that characterizations change so much, a writer can change characters to make a relationship work and get away with it more so than in a shorter-running, fewer-authors type work.

I agree. Marston’s Steve had more personality. We see what he does outside of military. That’s my issue Dc doesn’t show Steve outside the military. He had a niece and nephew. He did charity work. Why does he want to be in military. Why does he do for fun. I mean does he believe in the Greek gods or another one.

The way I can feel it works in Dc universe is that each group is only affected unless they touched person emotionally. That Steve could not love Diana but not like the whine thing. More of can’t feel for her and she can’t feel for him