Default Let's take a moment to appreciate the titles being distinct from each other

Seriously, this needs to be said. Before, for much of the '10s, the X-Men titles were all called X-Men and were marked by a color code or an adjective.

For example, you had:
    • Astonishing X-Men
    • Uncanny X-Men
    • Amazing X-Men
    • All-New X-Men
    • Extraordinary X-Men
    • X-Men Red
    • X-Men Blue
    • X-Men Gold

And then you had occasional breaks from it, with some short-lived solo titles and minis, and maybe one other team like X-Force.

Anyone else here really hate this setup? For one, this is confusing. Apart from the cast on the covers, how am I supposed to guess any real difference between the colors and the adjectives? They're all just X-Men with another word to set them apart. They may be different in style, but it doesn't get the point across right away. I don't feel like having to research each comic just so I know what I'll be in for when I read each book. Second, it makes the X-Men side of Marvel feel less legitimate, and just a dumping ground for all the mutant characters they didn't have the movie rights to at the time. The idea being "just stick 'em in some random book and do the bare minimum", I'd bet.

Now let's look at Dawn of X thus far:
    • X-Men
    • Excalibur
    • Fallen Angels
    • Marauders
    • New Mutants
    • X-Force

Boom. This gets the point across right away and you don't have to research or compare different titles extensively to know this. You know X-Men is the main title, Excalibur is about the England-based team, Fallen Angels is about the anti-heroes, Marauders is the pirate comic, New Mutants is the younger-leaning team, and X-Force is the government team. Each one feels completely legitimate, and builds up part of the universe without anyone feeling like a dumping ground.

It may a small thing, but it's a very good thing as well.

I hope that the future Dawn of X titles stay true. Please, no more adjectives and colors used to artificially differentiate each title!

Anyone else feel this way? Not sure if anyone here has discussed it, but it sure is great the more I think about it.

BANNED

The New Mutants still being referred by that name is a lil silly.

I am really excited for the different comics coming out of Krakoa.

X-Men - military arm of Krakoa, also support missions for outside of Krakoa, they are UN members after all, maybe they should start wearing blue berets when they go on support missions.
    X-Force - secret service arm of Krakoa - intelligence division and clandestine ops
    New Mutants - younger generation - space mission to continue the alliance with the Shi'ar and other worlds
    Excalibur - mutant magic division - to explore the connection between mutants and magic
    Marauders - trade, economy, and politics - the team itself specializes in missions to protect standard trade, to run covert missions into non-treaty countries to recover oppressed mutants and deliver medicines.
    Fallen Angels - to help mutants that are unable to reach Krakoa or unwilling to go to Krakoa.

I love how the teams all feel part of a nation and represent different branches of the Krakoan government.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

What bothered me about this was less the titles of the books themselves and more about how things went in-story... There were a bunch of separate unrelated teams all calling themselves "X-Men", and it was just confusing. Like, when they were both officially X-Men, just separated by teams like with the original Blue and Gold, that was fine. But after a while a bunch of mutants just started forming their own teams and calling it X-Men and it was really messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    What bothered me about this was less the titles of the books themselves and more about how things went in-story... There were a bunch of separate unrelated teams all calling themselves "X-Men", and it was just confusing. Like, when they were both officially X-Men, just separated by teams like with the original Blue and Gold, that was fine. But after a while a bunch of mutants just started forming their own teams and calling it X-Men and it was really messy.
    yeah, all of the new books are linked to the Dawn of X, so we can expect some crossover with the people across the books and maybe some vignettes of life on Krakoa.

Fantastic Member

X-Men at it's peak though was Uncanny and X-men then

Excalibur, X-Force, Generation X, X-Factor and such

still rather unique.

Marauders should have stayed the villain team though. had to be able to come up with another name

Astonishing, Amazing, Blue, Gold, Red X-Men all soldnmore then 100 k or so. X-Men is a brand name.

Will see how much if any of Dawn of X books except X-Men will sell as good.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 10-01-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Astonishing, Amazing, Blue, Gold, Red XgMen all soldnmore then 100 k or so. XgMen is a brand name.

Will see how much if any of Dawn of X books except X-Men will sell as good.
    Well, yeah. X-Men as a whole will always sell. The brand is a very strong one. Even after all these years of being dragged through the mud, everyone still loves it and jumped onto Hickman's reboot when they heard "X-Men, and it's good!". It's so strong, in fact, that the impending MCU reboot completely overshadowed Fox's Dark Phoenix and killed its chance of success by way of it being seen as the movie that has to get out of the way before the better MCU take. Kind of moving, really.

It's not saying much to point out that the titles topped 100K, really. Look at how House and Powers dominates the sales charts, even without mentioning digital (which I'm sure makes up even more sales).

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Well, yeah. X-Men as a whole will always sell. The brand is a very strong one. Even after all these years of being dragged through the mud, everyone still loves it and jumped onto Hickman's reboot when they heard "X-Men, and it's good!". It's so strong, in fact, that the impending MCU reboot completely overshadowed Fox's Dark Phoenix and killed its chance of success by way of it being seen as the movie that has to get out of the way before the better MCU take. Kind of moving, really.

It's not saying much to point out that the titles topped 100K, really. Look at how House and Powers dominates the sales charts, even without mentioning digital (which I'm sure makes up even more sales).
    I think Batman is going to have some serious competition now. I bet X-Men, X-Force, Marauders, and Excalibur all hit the top 10. New Mutants and Fallen Angels in the top 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

Hoxpox is a huge event that cancelled all other books. Great sales and I am happy but they should were supposed to be like this.

Other books are not event and without Hickman name on it. Hoping for best of course.

I don't think that MCU reboot really killed Dark Phoenix. Everyone knew that DP was a bad idea from the start. This movie had too many reasons to fail and almost no chance to succeed.