Default Action Comics #1015 spoiler discussion

Tis a tale of two stories.

Most of it serves as introduction to Bendis' creation, a (creator-owned?) character called Naomi, to the Superverse.

The back end jolts us back to where we were last issue, with Superman fighting an enhanced (via Apex Lex) Red Cloud.

I was interested, but the two stories didn't mesh well for me. They each needed their own full issue.

6/10.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

This was the first issue of Bendis’s AC run that didn’t click for me.

Astonishing Member

I too wasn't feeling this issue and I'm not liking the new Red Mist look. It's so random.

Mighty Member

Yeah, it felt like this issue's entire reason for existence was to sell the reader on Naomi. Like a back-door pilot (even though Naomi has already had that mini-series). It was super awkward as a result.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Agreed with the comments above -- I've been loving Action, but this wasn't exactly a hallmark issue -- but I did enjoy how Bendis wrote Clark here. Calm, stoic, under control, and reassuring to an obviously-panicked young hero.

Not a fan of the Lex'd-up demon-looking Red Cloud, either.

I liked both halves of the book independently, but yeah it didn't really mesh well together. Either one could have supported the extra 10 or so pages to make it all fit together. This whole arc seems to be leading into the war of the next.

So much of Bendis' run is just set up for other things and that is kinda getting old. The first arc in Action was like a Man of Steel epilogue. Then we had a prelude to Event: Leviathan, and what seems like a prelude to Millenium (with Rose & Thorn) and whatever the Year of the Villain "War" arc will be. At least that seems to be a culmination of things and right now doesn't seem to be setting up more than it will resolve.

I liked to see Superman tutoring a younger hero.
    And it seems like Bendis in a very subtle way has opened the door to infinite earths, expandindg the multiverse.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I liked to see Superman tutoring a younger hero.
    And it seems like Bendis in a very subtle way has opened the door to infinite earths, expandindg the multiverse.
    Yep that seemed like it was hinting at something...I wouldn't be shocked if it ties into Snyder's multiverse plans in JL.

Could be connected.
    And Bendis already has playing a lot with the multiverse concept.
    Are we at the door of *gasp*...the Bendisverse???
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin