Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    He worked for Magneto in X-Men TAS too and I figure both Evo and the movie took their lead from it.

I never saw Wolverine and the X-Men but I can't think of any other notable adaptations with Sabes outside of the Origins movie which obviously doesn't include Magneto at all.
    Really all but 1 of Sabretooth's adaptations have sold him short which is most likely why he sucks so much in the comics now. Only good tv adaptation was here.

• Prior to tv adaptations, Sabretooth was not affiliated with Magneto or the Brotherhood of Evil mutants.
    • He has Adamantium, and has had it for 17 years. Contrary to films where he's stated he can't get it due to not being able t survive it.
    • He is NOT related to Logan in any way. Sabretooth is around 50 years older and not his brother. The Origins film merged Sabretooth & his real brother Dog Logan (ugh terrible retcon) into the same person.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-26-2019 at 08:35 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I only tolerate Origins Sabretooth cuz the actor they got was actually good.
    "Cable was right!"

I didn't think he was any good either. lol

I like Schreiber, but not as Sabretooth. Give me Frank Tieri or Bunn Sabretooth played by Jason Momoa or someone similar and we got a hit!

Then maybe finally he'd be worth a damn in the comics again like Mystique's serge of Villain Sueness after naked Rebecca. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-26-2019 at 08:42 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wonder how we even got naked Mystique anyway especially since the main audience was gonna be kids. Did someone on the staff actually read the books and ask "How TF does her powers work on clothes???" and someone said "No More Clothes"?
    "Cable was right!"

her classic costume doesn't translate well. i can't even explain the hamster skulls around her waste or what that one on her forehead is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I wonder how we even got naked Mystique anyway especially since the main audience was gonna be kids. Did someone on the staff actually read the books and ask "How TF does her powers work on clothes???" and someone said "No More Clothes"?
    I just figured it was typical pandering since Rebecca had a good body. OR they wanted to separate her even more from humanity so no clothes, more reptilian looking, and naked to accentuate it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    He dooooes seem to work a lot as personal attack dog for shady human government types

UGH couldn't stand Hopper's lazy ass
    He's supposed to represent people on welfare.

I honestly think it was the clothes thing. Like where does her dress go when she morphs? Sure she can cover but seems like an extra strain/waste if energy + she had pasties on covering her naughty bits

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    her classic costume doesn't translate well. i can't even explain the hamster skulls around her waste or what that one on her forehead is for.
    lol right! But isn't she naked in the comics "IRL"?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    He's supposed to represent people on welfare.
    ???
    Considering his character is taken from an old AF Fable I HIGHly doubt that
    Not sure how you came to that conclusion was he physically weaker than the ants? At a disadvantage in some way? Nope. He was a Stronger, Bigger, Meaner member of a group who kept other bugs from coming together andused the more numerous but individually weaker ants to do all the work who while they collected all the benefits. Exactly like land Baron from Europe and America. I guess it's taken for granted if the audience is gonna get your message but it's a kid's movie
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I didn't think he was any good either. lol

I like Schreiber, but not as Sabretooth. Give me Frank Tieri or Bunn Sabretooth played by Jason Momoa or someone similar and we got a hit!

Then maybe finally he'd be worth a damn in the comics again like Mystique's serge of Villain Sueness after naked Rebecca. lol
    I always liked the way Hama wrote him and Texeira penciled him in that mini back in the '90s. He seemed like a homicidal Steve McQueen and I loved it.

sabretooth_interior_3.jpg
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Fantastic Member

I'm trying to remember the episodes in TAS where they teamed up.
    It's been a long time but I feel like I remember him running amok to disrupt a mutant trial and later on being sent to the Xavier Mansion to "get help" - because Prof X will take on and shelter any mutant who needs it - but in reality he was just trying to get inside and do some sabotage or something.

All of this was on Mags' orders. Or maybe I'm crazy but I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I always liked the way Hama wrote him and Texeira penciled him in that mini back in the '90s. He seemed like a homicidal Steve McQueen and I loved it.

sabretooth_interior_3.jpg
    Hama had a nice take. But I didn't care for the pencils. I liked these more.

Just before the claw through the brain. Hama was still writing though. He looks truly mad & scary there. And no matter how fugly pencilers draw him today, none of them have made him scary like this. Just fugly & pathetic-looking. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-26-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I honestly think it was the clothes thing. Like where does her dress go when she morphs? Sure she can cover but seems like an extra strain/waste if energy + she had pasties on covering her naughty bits

lol right! But isn't she naked in the comics "IRL"?

???
    Considering his character is taken from an old AF Fable I HIGHly doubt that
    Not sure how you came to that conclusion was he physically weaker than the ants? At a disadvantage in some way? Nope. He was a Stronger, Bigger, Meaner member of a group who kept other bugs from coming together andused the more numerous but individually weaker ants to do all the work who while they collected all the benefits. Exactly like land Baron from Europe and America. I guess it's taken for granted if the audience is gonna get your message but it's a kid's movie
    Based on Pixar's presumed Ayn Rand fixation.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Based on Pixar's presumed Ayn Rand fixation.
    Three-shay
    GrindrStone(D)