Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I still think Fiege is a mistake.Feige has done some space adventures like GOTG and Thor and they are just the opposite of star wars, worse, star trek. Disney is still making the same mistakes by hiring the wrong people to take on star wars.
    Why? Feige has proven himself a good producer with those movies.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Why? Feige has proven himself a good producer with those movies.
    this is a complicated topic but will try and make it simple. Feige has proven himself to be a producer of movies where people knew nothing about the source material with the exception of spiderman, his produced movies had the charm of a cinematic universe. these two factors don't apply to star wars. star wars does not need a cinematic universe and star wars source material is one of the most well known in fiction.

Additionally his produced movies have some of the weakest content in the genre and has never risen to a level beyond popcorn fun. So Feige is in a total different environment.I think he is a good producer for the original C-List franchises. The A-list like spiderman, feige's weakness as a producer was very obvious. he did not handle spiderman well, meaning he is less likely to handle star wars well.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-27-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Star Wars is one big universe and the vast majority of people who know about Star Wars don't know or care about the stuff outside the movies.

When you consider that along with how good he is at taking aspects from the source material and adapting them to the big screen, I think he'll do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    this is a complicated topic but will try and make it simple. Feige has proven himself to be a producer of movies where people knew nothing about the source material with the exception of spiderman, his produced movies had the charm of a cinematic universe. these two factors don't apply to star wars. star wars does not need a cinematic universe and star wars source material is one of the most well known in fiction.

Additionally his produced movies have some of the weakest content in the genre and has never risen to a level beyond popcorn fun. So Feige is in a total different environment.I think he is a good producer for the original C-List franchises. The A-list like spiderman, feige's weakness as a producer was very obvious. he did not handle spiderman well, meaning he is less likely to handle star wars well.
    Feige took a nitch subgenre of movies and turned it in to a franchise with more than 20 movies in a span over a decade long making 10s of billions of dollars. He may have started out with a list of C franchises but he made Iron man a house hold name and produced the highest grossing movie to date and the last Spider-Man movie made will over a billion dollars its self. That is a damn amazing resume. I'm pretty sure that he is well aware of the task of what taking on a Star Wars movie is going to entail and has proven that he can make a successful movie. Hell his name alone as already perked up interest into it and no one has a clue what it's about.

After Episode IX the Star Wars universe is moving away from a lot of the known source material, The age of Skywalker is over it seem like it is going to be a whole new landscape. And with Ford who expressed he really didn't want to make any more, Fisher's passing, The only one ya got left was Mark who I'm sure would love to keep doing it but I can't see them really doing that. So as you said:
    Feige has proven himself to be a producer of movies where people knew nothing about the source material
    And with the success of Rogue One it would seem that the market is open to an expanded cinematic universe in Star Wars.

So Figie has a record of creating a massively successful franchise out of scarily known source material and built an expanding and marketable universe out of it.... not that complicated at all, hell some would say it was a no brainer.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Feige took a nitch subgenre of movies and turned it in to a franchise with more than 20 movies in a span over a decade long making 10s of billions of dollars. He may have started out with a list of C franchises but he made Iron man a house hold name and produced the highest grossing movie to date and the last Spider-Man movie made will over a billion dollars its self. That is a damn amazing resume. I'm pretty sure that he is well aware of the task of what taking on a Star Wars movie is going to entail and has proven that he can make a successful movie. Hell his name alone as already perked up interest into it and no one has a clue what it's about.
    Well that was my point but he succeeded based of ignorance of c-list characters. how far would he have gotten if they were not c-list franchises like star wars.

Money is not a problem or an argument, Lucas and others care more about quality now. I think this is also Fiege's weakness. Unlike people like Nolan, James Cameron or Spielberg, they have billions and the quality. feige does not have it. his produced movies have some of the poorest film making choices ever seen. his produced movies has little creative freedom and director's driven vision. things are too manufactured than organic with Feige.

After Episode IX the Star Wars universe is moving away from a lot of the known source material, The age of Skywalker is over it seem like it is going to be a whole new landscape. And with Ford who expressed he really didn't want to make any more, Fisher's passing, The only one ya got left was Mark who I'm sure would love to keep doing it but I can't see them really doing that. So as you said:
    I can see this but my guts tells me, I will enjoy the clone wars more and that was not really skywalker drama
    And with the success of Rogue One it would seem that the market is open to an expanded cinematic universe in Star Wars.
    there is a market for it, it just has never been the main draw for star wars. I think this could backfire because star wars had mostly self contained stories in films. it did kind of backfire for the solo mcu spiderman films, fiege produced. many spiderman fans felt peter was too much of an iron man clone,

So Figie has a record of creating a massively successful franchise out of scarily known source material and built an expanding and marketable universe out of it.... not that complicated at all, hell some would say it was a no brainer.
    I think people are worried more about the intellectualism, depth and philosophy for star wars,commercial success means little for star wars, the prequels achieved that. Fiege is known for making light fun movies, many are even silly comedies.

You know what I really think in the end, JJ Abrams because of Alias, star trek 2009, super 8 , felicity, Lost and Cloverfield. I would say he is still a better choice than feige. it would have been way better if jj had stayed on and star wars was owned by fox and paramount instead.

It is easy to solve star wars problem.

1. get a independent creative driven studio
    2. get a well seasoned head runner who has a diverse work.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-27-2019 at 04:00 PM.

An excellent analysis of the meaning of Feige getting star wars.

been there, done that. same old, same old with the disney manufactured formula. Us fans also called it. this news is a distraction, even more with spiderman back in the mcu. disney really wants to kill the lucas hate star wars story and they think marvelising star wars is helping when it isn't.

I really don't think disney understands the impact of star wars to the space fantasy genre.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-28-2019 at 12:33 AM.

BANNED

I didn't watch the video but I did go to the channel and that pretty much told me it was another typical obnoxious alt-right anti-sjw channel, I mean seriously M-SHE-U?
    Which tells me that video is more than likely load that's not worth watching.

Ultimate Member

Frankly I trust Feign far more than most of the other people running SW these days.

Also saying there's no "director driven films" at Marvel is pretty absurd on it's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    I didn't watch the video but I did go to the channel and that pretty much told me it was another typical obnoxious alt-right anti-sjw channel, I mean seriously M-SHE-U?
    My wife said the same thing when she saw a bit of that channel - she outright called him a triggered incel.

My issue with TLJ isn't the fact that there is a female character front and center. Star Wars has had interesting and powerful female characters pretty much from the start - even if Leia had some issues, when she appears she pretty much commandeers her own rescue. The problem was in order to build Rey up, Johnson felt the need to take a shortcut and tear everyone else down.

And despite having some flaws, Feige isn't Uwe Boll. Although it sure looks like someone has mistaken the two.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

My problems with Rey have nothing to do with her gender, same with Rose and Holdo for that matter. They could have been male and I'd have had the same complaints if they were written the same way.

Gender only comes into it when some, but certainly not all TBF, people accuse you of being sexist if you dared not loved those characters, as if you cannot have any other reasons for not liking them.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    My problems with Rey have nothing to do with her gender, same with Rose and Holdo for that matter. They could have been male and I'd have had the same complaints if they were written the same way.

Gender only comes into it when some, but certainly not all TBF, people accuse you of being sexist if you dared not loved those characters, as if you cannot have any other reasons for not liking them.
    You only get get accused of being sexist if you're reasons were sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    That's been my experience with channels like that.

Eh, not so much.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Tell that to everyone who's done exactly that, including people at LF.

Tell that to everyone who's done exactly that, including people at LF.
    Huh?

10char
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I know fans and critics were very lukewarm about Padme's story arc in episode 2 and eposode 3. why were they not called sexist then? they all hated Natalie portman's dry performance in episode 1, no one called us sexists. Portman in episode 1 kind of reminds me of brie larson's captain marvel performance. It took them 20 years to come up with sexist accusations even though we as a society have gotten more progressive with women. remember the golden age of the 90s with great strong female characters? Buffy Summers, Xena, Dark Angel and Sydney Bristow. Rey just lacks something compared to these females.