Golden Queen Le Farge
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Let's do this proper:

Storm =Black Queen
    Bishop=Black Bishop
    Iceman=Blue King
    Pyro=Red Rook
    Kitty=White Pawn

Indulge me. I'm starting with the Queens as a template, because they're more interesting than figuring out who's going to be White Warrior Princess or whatever.

• Black Queen: Selene
    • White Queen: Emma Frost
    • Red Queen: Captain Kate Pryde
    • Orange Queen: ???
    • Golden Queen: ???
    • Green Queen: ???
    • Blue Queen: ???
    • Indigo Queen: ???
    • Violet Queen: ???

• Black King: ???
    • White King: ???
    • Red King: ???
    • Orange King: ???
    • Golden King: ???
    • Green King: ???
    • Blue King: ???
    • Indigo King: ???
    • Violet King: ???

• Black Bishop: ???
    • White Bishop: ???
    • Red Bishop: ???
    • Orange Bishop: ???
    • Golden Bishop: ???
    • Green Bishop: ???
    • Blue Bishop: ???
    • Indigo Bishop: ???
    • Violet Bishop: ???

• Black Rook: ???
    • White Rook: ???
    • Red Rook: ???
    • Orange Rook: ???
    • Golden Rook: ???
    • Green Rook: ???
    • Blue Rook: ???
    • Indigo Rook: ???
    • Violet Rook: ???

• Ebon Knight: ???
    • Ivory Knight: ???
    • Red Knight: ???
    • Orange Knight: ???
    • Golden Knight: ???
    • Green Knight: ???
    • Blue Knight: ???
    • Indigo Knight: ???
    • Violet Knight: ???

• Warrior Black Princess: ???
    • Warrior White Princess: ???
    • Warrior Red Princess: ???
    • Warrior Orange Princess: ???
    • Warrior Golden Princess: ???
    • Warrior Green Princess: ???
    • Warrior Blue Princess: ???
    • Warrior Indigo Princess: ???
    • Warrior Violet Princess: ???
    Last edited by H-E-D; 09-26-2019 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Indulge me. I'm starting with the Queens as a template, because they're more interesting than figuring out who's going to be White Warrior Princess or whatever.

• Orange Queen: ???
    • Golden Queen: ???
    • Green Queen: ???
    • Blue Queen: ???
    • Indigo Queen: ???
    • Violet Queen: ???

Black Queen - (Death) Selene
    White Queen - (Life) Emma Frost
    Red Queen - (Rage) Kate Pryde
    Orange Queen - (greed and avarice) Cordelia Frost
    Golden Queen - (Fire and Life Incarnate Baby!) (actually it represents "unfathomable happiness and joy") Jean
    Green Queen - (Will) Polaris is obviously Green, that literally just is.
    Blue Queen - (Hope) Mother Askani version of Rachel because she is all peace and wisdom.
    Indigo Queen - (Compassion) - Storm
    Violet Queen - (Love) Rogue
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Green Queen would obviously be Polaris, if there's a queen for every color.

Because I like colors corresponding to characters that have used them heavily, I'd say gold = Jean. Blue = Iceman, Violet = Betsy. Maybe orange = Rachel.

P.S. - not gonna lie, seeing "electromagnetic spectrum" in the thread title drew my attention.
    Last edited by salarta; 09-25-2019 at 08:56 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Uhmmm We do know that colors are for main pieces in Chess are White and Black ?Right? An alternate color for pieces is Red(and also checkers is Red and Black). They have chess pieces in probably every color but this isn't something that should be extended out with every color of the spectrum. The London Hellfire club had Red and Black set up. The Hellfire club was cool when they had most of the pieces attached with certain character like

Shaw Black King
    Selene Black Queen
    Harry Leland Black Bishop
    Friedrich von Roehm Black Rook

Emma Frost White Queen
    Donald Piece White Bishop

Jason Wyngarde Rook of the Hellfire club

I would rather see flesh out courts except for the pawns than bunch of queens in different colors. Anyways carry on yeah almost forgot Hellfire club isn't just a mutant thing Warren Worthington Jr, Tony Stark,Dwayne Taylor aka Night Thrasher,Norman Osborn are members

Orange Queen - Emma Steed
    Yellow Queen - Illyana Rasputin
    Green Queen - Lorna Dane
    Blue Queen - Raven Darkholme
    Indigo Queen - Monet St. Croix
    Violet Queen - Betsy Braddock

Black King - Sebastian Shaw
    White King - Erik Lensherr
    Red King - Nathaniel Essex
    Orange King - Shiro Yoshida
    Yellow King - Roberto da Costa
    Green King - Black Tom Cassidy
    Blue King - Namor McKenzie
    Indigo King - Warren Worthington III
    Violet King - Remy Lebeau

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Uhmmm We do know that colors are for main pieces in Chess are White and Black ?Right? An alternate color for pieces is Red(and also checkers is Red and Black).
    Historically, chess pieces with special colors (vs simply being carved of wood) came most commonly in black, white, red, and green. So if we're limiting the color options by what's been common, and red is included, then there's room for green.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Black - Selene
    White - Emma
    Red - Maddie
    Blue - Mystique
    Green - Polaris
    Yellow - Candra
    Indigo - Kwannon
    Viole(n)t - Deathbird

So do these colors mean anything or are we just matching colors to whoever they match? Like what do the colors represent like they do over at DC, same thing?

'Cause a lot of the colors these corps relate to don't match the characters. Like Polaris being green (if green is willpower) is questionable.

I'd stretch and say Jean over Emma would be the White Queen for Life 'cause of the Phoenix.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-25-2019 at 10:30 PM.

• Red Queen: Madelyne Pryor
    • Orange Queen: Jean Grey
    • Golden Queen: Magik
    • Green Queen: Polaris
    • Blue Queen: Mystique
    • Indigo Queen: Psylocke [Kwannon]
    • Violet Queen: Psylocke [Betsy]

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    So do these colors mean anything or are we just matching colors to whoever they match? Like what do the colors represent like they do over at DC, same thing?

'Cause a lot of the colors these corps relate to don't match the characters. Like Polaris being green (if green is willpower) is questionable.

I'd stretch and say Jean over Emma would be the White Queen for Life 'cause of the Phoenix.
    I was unsure if the colors are actually supposed to correspond to certain emotions or concepts too, so I stuck only with colors. If orange means greed and avarice, I wouldn't consider that fitting Rachel.

I think will power for Lorna would fit though. She's been through a lot, she's usually dismissed (if not exploited), yet she keeps going in spite of that.

I was thinking just simple character-color matching. Otherwise, like you say, the pre-established roles like White Queen and Red Queen don't end up fitting. Kitty is no rage monster.

The emotional spectrum comparison was just me being snarky.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Uhmmm We do know that colors are for main pieces in Chess are White and Black ?Right? An alternate color for pieces is Red(and also checkers is Red and Black). They have chess pieces in probably every color but this isn't something that should be extended out with every color of the spectrum. The London Hellfire club had Red and Black set up. The Hellfire club was cool when they had most of the pieces attached with certain character like
    You're not wrong, but, I think that since Claremont established that alongside King, Queen, Bishop, Rook, Warrior Princess is a rank in the Hellfire Club. If they can have a Warrior White Princess, a Green Queen feels more than valid.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Historically, chess pieces with special colors (vs simply being carved of wood) came most commonly in black, white, red, and green. So if we're limiting the color options by what's been common, and red is included, then there's room for green.
    Now, that is an intriguingly persuasive point!

I was thinking just simple character-color matching. Otherwise, like you say, the pre-established roles like White Queen and Red Queen don't end up fitting. Kitty is no rage monster.

The emotional spectrum comparison was just me being snarky.
    This is still a fun topic! If it's color-coding, then I think you guys hit the nail on the head for all of them.

If we're going by emotions, then since I already replaced Emma for Jean as the White Queen, I honestly think Emma would be Violet Queen here. She's got a lot of love to give, but she likes to come off like a hard-nosed bitch. If her love for Cyclops isn't enough, there's her love for mutantkind, innocents, and children.

Not to mention her fashion tastes already align with the Star Sapphires M A X I M U M C L E V A G E
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-26-2019 at 12:23 AM.

Now, that is an intriguingly persuasive point!
    I found out about the colors and green pieces when I was trying to figure out where Lorna could hypothetically fit in a new Hellfire Club back in 2015. The general presumption (at least at the time) was that she'd have to occupy black or white, but this is a good example for me of how there's often other options available that people don't see.

• Orange Queen: Laurie Tromette (Transonic)
    • Golden Queen: Layla Miller or Illyana Rasputin
    • Green Queen: Lorna Dane (Polaris)
    • Blue Queen: Astra
    • Indigo Queen: Amara Aquilla (Magma)
    • Violet Queen: Betsy Braddock

I'm tempted to change Green to Emerald because, well, the rhyme of "Green Queen" is a little much for me. Otherwise, I think Lorna is a great choice. I don't want to lean too heavily on pairing characters based on existing costumes, that's a tad less inventive than I'd like, but in Polaris' case green really is her iconography. Ditto for Betsy and Violet.

Transonic I think has the right attitude to be a member of the Hellfire Club. Laurie is very driven, educated, urban, a little elitist. Why Orange Queen? Well, just because orange and teal are that classic color pairing. If you're going to be in the Hellfire Club, your uniform needs to match your title, and blue clothes on blue skin seems a bit much to me. Orange is more striking. I see the argument for Mystique, but I prefer her off doing her own thing.

Magma has some Hellfire connections already, so it seems like a natural jump. I chose Indigo Queen for Amara for the same reason Laurie is Orange. When Magma is powered up, a blue costume would be a nice contrast. Just make it out of unstable molecules.

I considered Astra for Golden, because girl has been known to rock a gilded look. But, Layla would be a fun wildcard add. I dig all the other suggestions of Magik for the role, too. (I chose Golden over Yellow because it feels more Hellfire). I ended up slotting Astra in for Blue, just because this line-up needed some more shady characters in it. I had been tempted to decide that Isaac Newton was being silly and there's no need for Indigo separate from Blue, but...

This is still a fun topic! If it's color-coding, then I think you guys hit the nail on the head for all of them.
    Both Color-Coding and Emotion-Coding are fun topics to think about.