Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It may say that but it was never published in the actual series.
    True, never said it was though.

Almost like if someone wanted to know about The Batman Chronicles book, I would still mention The Gauntlet even though it's a special and not part of the actual series.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIncarnate View Post
    Check out “Riddle me That”. It’s highly under rated, and actually the best Riddler story IMO. It gives him a very interesting rework that sets him up as a highly formidable enemy, and actually shows how he’s a match for Batman intellectually. Although I like Paul Dini’s reformed private eye take, I’m sad this revamp didn’t last long for Eddie.
    Oh, a good Riddler tale, you say? Those are sure few and far between...I'm sure it's easy enough to find, but do you happen to have the issue # handy?
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Oh, a good Riddler tale, you say? Those are sure few and far between...I'm sure it's easy enough to find, but do you happen to have the issue # handy?
    185-189, hope you enjoy
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

185-189, hope you enjoy
    I just read it on the DCU app, that was delightful! Thank you for the recommendation. A good Riddler story, and he actually wins in the end...loved it. Thanks again!

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I just read it on the DCU app, that was delightful! Thank you for the recommendation. A good Riddler story, and he actually wins in the end...loved it. Thanks again!
    Yep, that’s why I like it I really want more of that kind of riddler.
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emanresu View Post
    True, never said it was though.

Almost like if someone wanted to know about The Batman Chronicles book, I would still mention The Gauntlet even though it's a special and not part of the actual series.
    You did though:
    "Technically, Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale's three Halloween specials are all LOTDK books, as are 'The Long Halloween' and 'Dark Victory'"

They aren't technically part of the Legends of the Dark Knight specifically because they were never published under that title. You could say inspired by Legends of the Dark Knight and that would be accurate enough but that's much different than what you implied.

Yep, that’s why I like it I really want more of that kind of riddler.
    I was out of comics around the time this was published, so I had never seen it. I never knew Riddler had a question mark tattoo, I like that much more than the question mark haircut or the question mark scar on his chest. I guess it didn't last long, since he didn't have it during his P.I. days (which I also enjoyed a lot). I can see how he'd be difficult to write, as not everyone is adept at thinking up riddles, so I always appreciate when a writer tries to do something new with him even when it doesn't work well. But I very much enjoyed him in this story, so thank you again.

I've seen 'Heat' mentioned a lot, so I think that one is next on my list.

I was out of comics around the time this was published, so I had never seen it. I never knew Riddler had a question mark tattoo, I like that much more than the question mark haircut or the question mark scar on his chest. I guess it didn't last long, since he didn't have it during his P.I. days (which I also enjoyed a lot). I can see how he'd be difficult to write, as not everyone is adept at thinking up riddles, so I always appreciate when a writer tries to do something new with him even when it doesn't work well. But I very much enjoyed him in this story, so thank you again.

I've seen 'Heat' mentioned a lot, so I think that one is next on my list.
    Great to hear about that. Looking forward to your thoughts.