Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ever notice how the Bat Family have ever started their own teams?

Well pretty much all of them.

Batman:
    The Outsiders

Dick Grayson:
    The Teen Titans/Titans, and his own Outsiders

Tim Drake:
    Young Justice

Damien Wayne:
    His own Teen Titans

Jason Todd:
    The Outlaws

Barbara Gordon:
    Birds of Prey

That’s pretty consistent team building (I may even be missing some)!
    I may be wrong but I think Alfred might have put a team together? I seem to remember something to that effect during a Bat Crossover Event, but I could be wrong.

Cassandra Cain is the only other major Bat relative that hasn’t, as far as I know. Well her and Stephanie Brown.

Spectacular Member

Alfred was responsible for the team of Robins that Duke was a member of in We Are Robin after an amnesiac Bruce embraced the playboy lifestyle.

Another entry in the long list of horrible things Alfred has either done or allowed to happen.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Does Damian count when all he did was drag Tim and Dick's old team and they follow because... well, actually... remind me why did they follow him? Starfire I know she knows Damian from Dick so she has babysitting instinct, but I forgot about the others.

I think a better example of Damian is gathering broken kids like him. Maya, Suren, Goliath... Colin if you wanna count him... still annoyed that team no longer exist by the way!

I feel for Gleason.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Does Damian count when all he did was drag Tim and Dick's old team and they follow because... well, actually... remind me why did they follow him? Starfire I know she knows Damian from Dick so she has babysitting instinct, but I forgot about the others.

I think a better example of Damian is gathering broken kids like him. Maya, Suren, Goliath... Colin if you wanna count him... still annoyed that team no longer exist by the way!

I feel for Gleason.
    Well, the current Teen Titans are quite a bit different. But yeah, losing Maya, Suren, Goliath (seriously, how do you lose a giant gargoyle-like creature?), Colin, and even Jon and Kathy.

Though, Jon got the awful age up and I doubt Kathy is ever referenced again with the current Super writing team. So...

I've definitely thought of the Robins and Teen Titans/YJ, though not so much of the others. And more of leading than of founding (which could be more goupish). I don't actually think they all should have been leaders

But yeah, losing Maya, Suren, Goliath (seriously, how do you lose a giant gargoyle-like creature?), Colin
    You're making me sad. Maya's my favorite of this bunch, and I wish we could see her more. Suren would be nice, too. I didn't really like the storyline with Colin, so didn't warm to him, though I know many did. I wouldn't have Goliath, as I don't feel like he could be used very much in adventures involving people. But if a flying alien motorcyle is okay.

Though, Jon got the awful age up and I doubt Kathy is ever referenced again with the current Super writing team. So...
    Yep, definitely depressing me. And I'd love to see some Jon and Kathy, and maybe a couple of those school friends without Damian, too. I like Damian. I just don't want Jon to dependent on him. I like him without Damian, too. I mean I like Damian without Jon, too, but Batfam gets enough attention, I think. Though I don't want Jon with Legion, because Jon's not supposed to be grown up yet. And I'm not happy about what they did to Chris, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, the current Teen Titans are quite a bit different. But yeah, losing Maya, Suren, Goliath (seriously, how do you lose a giant gargoyle-like creature?), Colin, and even Jon and Kathy.

Oh. Yeah. I forgot, the most recent team is purely Damian. I kinda somehow imagine them as a continuation.

Btw does Kathy have powers? I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Well pretty much all of them.

Cassandra Cain is the only other major Bat relative that hasn’t, as far as I know. Well her and Stephanie Brown.
    Kate Kane had the Unknowns for a short while, called Batwoman and the Unknowns, but didn't last long.

Additionally, Batman put together the Gotham Knights where Batwoman was co-leader, in Detective Comics. Also didn't last, and Batman put that team together to babysit her anyway (keep her away from he dad's Colony military group). Then Batwoman temporarily lead the Colony, which was a put together by her father. So the Unknowns were the only team she put together herself.

Looks like she will temporarily join the Gotham City Monsters team, according to solicits, though she isn't the leader nor did she form the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Kate Kane had the Unknowns for a short while, called Batwoman and the Unknowns, but didn't last long.

Additionally, Batman put together the Gotham Knights where Batwoman was co-leader, in Detective Comics. Also didn't last, and Batman put that team together to babysit her anyway (keep her away from he dad's Colony military group). Then Batwoman temporarily lead the Colony, which was a put together by her father. So the Unknowns were the only team she put together herself.

Looks like she will temporarily join the Gotham City Monsters team, according to solicits, though she isn't the leader nor did she form the team.
    was The Unknown the one with Ragman an Clayface at the end of New 52?

Btw does Kathy have powers? I don't remember.
    Kathy Branden? Yes. She has some telepathy and various other psionics. Telekinesis (that works on heat vision). Can't quite remember why "Beacon" is her code name, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    was The Unknown the one with Ragman an Clayface at the end of New 52?
    Yeah, I think so, Ragman, Clayface, Etrigan the Demon, Red Alice, and I can't remember if there was anyone else on the team. It was very silly, Kate was acting like a teen, and they did stuff like go to space. Also, Batwoman got raped by Nocturna and victim-blamed for it - awful part of the character's history, yet the only time she formed her own team.

I think the Gotham Knights much better, until it turned-out to be a manipulation. Didn't like the Colony at all. I would like to see the Gotham Knights reformed, but without Batman and any of his sidekicks, Kate is better without any teens on the team.

Spectacular Member

i would just like to point out, my man roy harper was a founding member of two of these teams. while the batboys are just founding member of one each.

I learned some new stuff here, thanks guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    i would just like to point out, my man roy harper was a founding member of two of these teams. while the batboys are just founding member of one each.
    Pfft, Roy wasn’t really a founding TT member, and I’m not sure the Outsiders were actually a team.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

All Bats need super friends to function properly. That's just the way it is and the way it'll always be.