Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Pfft, Roy wasn’t really a founding TT member, and I’m not sure the Outsiders were actually a team.
    Oh yeah he came in issue #5 or something wasn't he

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Another entry in the long list of horrible things Alfred has either done or allowed to happen.
    Agreed.

I always hated the idea that he raised Bruce or was there from the beginning. He worked better as a character as someone who came along later and tries to make the most of the mess that is Bruce's life... not someone who should have stepped in and stepped up from the beginning.

The father figure who cooks and cleans and cares for Bruce after he's a grown man while still calling him Master Bruce and getting a paycheck... it's just awkward. Not my favorite retcon.

I always hated the idea that he raised Bruce or was there from the beginning. He worked better as a character as someone who came along later and tries to make the most of the mess that is Bruce's life... not someone who should have stepped in and stepped up from the beginning.
    While I can't say that I hate it, I'm not in favor. I quite liked it when first exposed (Batman Begins for me - wasn't reading DC yet, and so only knew from cartoons, old show, older movies, etc.), it seemed an enjoyable relationship. As I read the comics and thought more on it, the more and more I disliked it. Also, the more I thought about it, the more I disliked the idea that Bruce was always like his post-COIE self (especially later self) from day one, and the back-projecting of later issues between him and Dick into Dick's childhood. These things just didn't make as much sense as what came before. Basically, the more familiar I became with the source material, the less I liked the retcons. I've actually specifically avoided reading Pre-COIE Jason for this reason (have still seen a little when looking for other things). I still like Barbara existing, though. Her brother is another story, especially with the changed-aged and evil/craziness. Actually, brother Tony was okay, though scarcely there, but new brother doesn't work for me.

Not to nitpick, but if I recall correctly Tim didn't form Young Justice. Bruce, Wally, and Clark thought it would be a good idea to get the boys together, hoping they'd be friends and learn from each other at the least, and form a team and bond like Wally did with the Titans at best. So I don't know if we can give Tim credit for this; I think you gotta give credit to either him, Conner, and Bart equally, or give credit to the mentors for pushing them together.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    All Bats need super friends to function properly. That's just the way it is and the way it'll always be.
    That's very depressing because it's true. Lord knows Bruce won't give them the emotional connection they need.

Don’t know about all that, but they sure do put their friends to work!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Does Damian count when all he did was drag Tim and Dick's old team and they follow because... well, actually... remind me why did they follow him? Starfire I know she knows Damian from Dick so she has babysitting instinct, but I forgot about the others.

I think a better example of Damian is gathering broken kids like him. Maya, Suren, Goliath... Colin if you wanna count him... still annoyed that team no longer exist by the way!

I feel for Gleason.
    The current team is all him, also tim is no stranger to recycling

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The current team is all him, also tim is no stranger to recycling
    Tim sure isn't he's now recycled Damian's rebirth team in the walmart books.

BB and Raven at this point just come with the brand.

They [batboys] all eventually follow in Dick Grayson's footsteps
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 11-26-2019 at 10:56 PM.

To be fair, the team in Walmart Titans is basically the cartoon Teen Titans minus Cyborg. Some art even makes Tim look more like Dick, as though it was meant to be the original Robin (like in the cartoon).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Haven’t a ton of heroes started a Teen Titans team? Especially when including Titans East and West.