Default Justice League Dark #15 SPOILERS

JLD #15 was mostly spent building up to Diana's confrontation with Circe in the next JLD. The tone of this comic was decidedly dark andsuspenseful, setting up a different kind of Circe story [Thank God.], than what we're used to.

The story opens, with Wonder Woman assembling her JLD comrades to deal with a god-level magic threat to the universe. Circe is named, by her, as orchestrating a potentially catastrophic conquest of control over magic, ..on a cosmic scale. When Circe finally appears in the story, it is as a ghoulish and demonic spectral presence, and not as a clownish diva, raving about her power and self-importance...

Could be a major turnaround for Circe.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-26-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Although I'm not a big fan of a public domain character leading some of DC's most powerful villains, this book, this issue, and Diana's characterization are great. Williamson's has made me grow to love a book I was very much on the fence about when it started up. I think Wonder Woman is presented as a strong-willed, compassionate, and very capable leader of the team. I'm interested to see how Diana's contact with the Ruby of Life plays out. Floronic Man has never been creepier! Glad to see Kent and Khalid are sticking around.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Although I'm not a big fan of a public domain character leading some of DC's most powerful villains, this book, this issue, and Diana's characterization are great. Williamson's has made me grow to love a book I was very much on the fence about when it started up. I think Wonder Woman is presented as a strong-willed, compassionate, and very capable leader of the team. I'm interested to see how Diana's contact with the Ruby of Life plays out...
    If Circe being a real-world, mythical persona is supposed to impress someone, I never got on that train.

While I think her backstory has genuine potential, writers don't seem capable of finding it, and we're left with this mean girl, jilted lover, so-called diva mess ..that's so tired and boring. There's real angst in her story, that readers could actually sympathize with, if only someone bothered to look - namely, the fall of the Titans and how that impacted their children, like Circe (Helios's daughter). In lieu of that, I welcome writers just going dark and creepy, with her, ..and that appears to be where JLD is talk her.

Does the Ruby of life thing mean we'll get to see Sargon the Sorcerer, a Sensation Comics hero, teaming up with Diana? I sure hope so.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-27-2019 at 02:12 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    If Circe being a real-world, mythical persona is supposed to impress someone, I never got on that train.

While I think her backstory has genuine potential, writers don't seem capable of finding it, and we're left with this mean girl, jilted lover, so-called diva mess ..that's so tired and boring. There's real angst in her story, that readers could actually sympathize with, if only someone bothered to look - namely, the fall of the Titans and how that impacted their children, like Circe (Helios's daughter). In lieu of that, I welcome writers just going dark and creepy, with her, ..and that appears to be where JLD is talk her.

Does the Ruby of life thing mean we'll get to see Sargon the Sorcerer, a Sensation Comics hero, teaming up with Diana? I sure hope so.

Me too! I love Sargon and am hoping that this storyline with the Ruby of Life leads to his rebirth.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Unlike the more redundant Jason or Lord Hermes, Sargon, being a sorcerer, would actually be a useful, recurring, male superhuman ally. Diana's Army could use a sorcerer. It doesn't hurt, him being SC alum, either.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-27-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Series is still great. Holy cow was I not prepared for that Man-Bat body horror. Also that was a perfect last page with Circe.

As much as I'd like to get on with the story, I love that the story, particularly the threat and mystique of Circe, is building, with the loaded context of her moving through the narrative. Next to Ares and Cheetah, Circe may be WW comic's greatest monster. The unsettling threat of her should get to you, before she enters the room.

This much, the JLD story is getting right.

She's such an important WW villain. We need a new orientation, with Circe, I think. Some (most) of us need a new and compelling reason to be interested in her. This is what we need to be introduced to a NEW Circe.

Did anybody else read JLD #15?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 10-05-2019 at 03:40 PM.