Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DC vs Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Man! What a waste of time and energy.
    Exactly. I swear some of these fans must be getting royalties. It's the only way it makes sense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

My mom wants to see the Joker movie, but I really don't. I don't like realistically violent movies and, frankly, while Inenjoy a good Joker story, I prefer him as a monster more than as a pathetic man who decides to play dress up because he can't cut it in the real world.

I've never been able to treat comic books like sports teams -- I've always considered myself a comic fan, not a fan of one company or the other.

I'll go ahead and qualify this as a stupid idea. I like Marvel more than DC, but the Dark Knight is still my favorite comic book movie. If the Joker is good and has a good story, i'll watch it more than once to compensate for you lol. Be a comics fan, not a company fanboy.

Not interested in the Joker movie and not really a fan of the idea of R-rated superhero movies, but why should I care if it's a success or not? It'll be what it'll be.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    I've never been able to treat comic books like sports teams -- I've always considered myself a comic fan, not a fan of one company or the other.
    For me, it's less a sports team and more that I had to pick one company to devote my obsessive mind towards. I picked Marvel because of its one main universe and continual story.

I don't fault anyone for going with DC or both, I just only have so much time in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    f Non-MCU superheroes fail, then people will think that public only wants some superhero stories. And that means the genre lives and dies at MCU, who because they now have monopoly have less incentive to innovate and also aren't attractive to actors who all want superhero stories to score paydirt since it's not possible to earn big making arthouse and auteur movies anymore (Tom Hanks and Leonardo DiCaprio are basically the only ones left who still do that).

Basically competition is good. Healthy living thriving competition is better.
    Exactly. And while the MCU has undoubtedly been the most successful of the superhero franchises since Nolan's Batman movies, the most interesting movies have come out of the other studios, like Logan, Venom, or Wonder Woman. The MCU movies all share a certain aesthetic identity in narration and cinematography, which is another way of saying that there is a sameness to them. As long as there is room for alternatives it's fine, even excellent, but with only MCU movies it'd mean that the genre would likely atrophy quickly from a creative standpoint.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Exactly. And while the MCU has undoubtedly been the most successful of the superhero franchises since Nolan's Batman movies, the most interesting movies have come out of the other studios, like Logan, Venom, or Wonder Woman. The MCU movies all share a certain aesthetic identity in narration and cinematography, which is another way of saying that there is a sameness to them. As long as there is room for alternatives it's fine, even excellent, but with only MCU movies it'd mean that the genre would likely atrophy quickly from a creative standpoint.
    And the MCU are inspired by these movies.

Feige and the Russos, and Scarlett Johanssen said Logan inspired Endgame and the upcoming Black Widow.

Not a fan of the Joker. I hope it does well though and it will. I want to see DC as successful as Marvel in both comics and the movies. I will go see the Joker. I never go opening weekend. I prefer no one in the theatre. To many people get on my nerves with their talking and phone obsessions.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

This is just a wind-up right? Very sad if not.

I am torn. Part of me wants to see Dc movies do bad because most of them are so bad. MAybe a few bad movies bombing will get Dc to get their shot together and maybe kinda copy marvel. Then I think if the movies do bad Dc will just get out of the game all together and stop making movies. So like I said I am torn.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I am torn. Part of me wants to see Dc movies do bad because most of them are so bad. MAybe a few bad movies bombing will get Dc to get their shot together and maybe kinda copy marvel. Then I think if the movies do bad Dc will just get out of the game all together and stop making movies. So like I said I am torn.
    I think DC is finding their footing is focusing more stand alone movies, which is interesting because it's sort of the same place where their comics are.

Astonishing Member

I am a Marvel guy, but I wouldn't boycott a DC movie, because competition is important.

First of all, I am a comic fan, doesn't matter the brand. if its good its good regardless of the brand.

And if you put Marvel and DC in a sack and beat it with a bat, you always hit the right one...after all there are corporate machines.

I will always root for creator owned stuff before I root for a company (as much as I love the two big brands)

Incredible Member

The idea of a comic or a film where the joker is a slasher do appeal to me.

What if the joker put together a bunch bad mo-fo's to do a heist, only for them to double cross him. Mr J could then get his "five way revenge " horror film style..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Reading the title I thought this was a thread about the dc vs marvel mini series. Lol.
    Me too. I wish we could see the Amalgam universe again.