Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

That doesn't surprise me at all. The Young Avengers were due to another relaunch sooner or later, and with Champions being gone, it's natural Marvel was going to try another teen/young book to fill that void. Having it be a title that has a history of good sales + being associated with a popular franchise (Avengers) is a bonus. I hope it's a Young Avengers book first and foremost, though. The YA fandom has been waiting for a relaunch for five years now, while the Champions just wrapped up a 37-issue run within the last 3 years. If they're using the YA name, then it's only fair that team will be the priority. It's deservedly their time to shine as a team again, specially for some characters who haven't gotten much to do lately like Tommy, Eli and Cassie. Hopefully the Bleeding Cool report is correct and they're not thinking of taking too many Champions members; Riri and Viv sounds fine to me. If they had to pick one more, I'd be cool with Power Man since he was on an Avengers team with Billy and Teddy a while ago. Nothing more than that, though.

They also mention that we should expect ''an impact'' on the announcement of the creative team. Not sure what that means. Most people are assuming Eve Ewing is going to be involved, so that's not exactly impactful if it turns out to be true. Who could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    The Young Avengers are older than that. Kate turned 21 on panel in the last YA book, and that was before the Secret Wars time-skips, so she's 22 by now, with Billy, Tommy, America, Teddy etc likely being 20-21 themselves, leaning towards 21 for the twins at the very least since Billy was legally drinking alcohol shortly prior to War of the Realms. Kate was the oldest of the bunch, but not by a whole lot, Cassie aside, who is probably 17 or 18.
    Cassie is DEFINITELY 16. Scott said she was the same age as Nadia, 16, in the Ant-Man and the Wasp mini that ran immediately before the second Unstoppable Wasp volume. Since Cassie was 14 in the original Young Avengers, this means the rest of the team should also be two years older than they were then. Unfortunately, that would contradict any earlier references to anyone being 21. Someone in Avengers editorial apparently isn't doing their job properly.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-26-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Graduate the Eli, Wiccan, Hulkling, Speed, Kate, Cassie to full fledged Avengers and have them overlook the Young Avengers
    That sounds pretty cool, actually. I wouldn't mind that, so long as it's not treated as being a "Champions book in disguise".

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, the Champions are 15-19 and the Young Avengers are 16-20, so they're roughly the same age.

I won't be surprised if Dust ends up back in the X-books. Patriot (Rayshaun Lucas) is definitely in danger since we now know Eli Bradley is usable again. If Zub's bucket list book turns out to be Alpha Flight I think he'll take Snowguard with him. So I wouldn't expect those three to be involved, whether the teams are merging or just being shuffled.
    How do we know this??!!

Because they already HAVE used Eli again, in Marvel Comics #1000, as well as Isaiah Bradley in History of the Marvel Universe.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    How do we know this??!!
    He's getting in books again. Whole name and no mask.

Cassie is DEFINITELY 16. Scott said she was the same age as Nadia, 16, in the Ant-Man and the Wasp mini that ran immediately before the second Unstoppable Wasp volume. Since Cassie was 14 in the original Young Avengers, this means the rest of the team should also be two years older than they were then. Unfortunately, that would contradict any earlier references to anyone being 21. Someone in Avengers editorial apparently isn't doing their job properly.
    I haven't read that, but unless he gave the number, 'same age as' could come with some wiggle room of plus or minus a year or so, and I think Ant-Man and the Wasp carries less weight than the core Young Avengers book when it comes to working out ages... Especially if this is a Young Avengers book. Kate turning 21 was kind of a big deal there, it related directly to the plot.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-26-2019 at 06:50 PM.

Any truth to the rumour I just made up regarding a Pinpoint ongoing?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Fantastic Member

That applies to the majority of the Champs though. The ones it doesn't apply to are Nova (still a legacy hero, but Rich was never an Avenger, only a New Warrior), Snowguard (ditto, as Snowbird is from Alpha Flight), Pinpoint (not a legacy hero at all, though the name did once belong to a now depowered X student), Dust (also not a legacy, affiliated to X-Men), Bombshell (legacy to her mother, who's a villain), Locust (foreign legacy hero). The others are legacies to Captain Marvel (Kamala), Spider-Man (Miles), Iron Man (Riri), Wasp (Nadia), Hulk (Amadeus), Luke Cage (Power Man), Sam Wilson (Falcon and Patriot), and Vision (Viv). That's nine out of 15 current members.
    He joined the Avengers during the Heroic Age as a member of Commander Steve Roger’s Secret Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Aren't most of the Young Avengers adults and all of the Champions not?
    Amadeus Cho and Victor Alvarez are both a lot older than the rest of the Champions, early 20s or so. Dust should be as well but it's hard to tell with mutants

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Marvel once again shifting their prominent teen Superhero team, only this time they go back to a classic .

(One of these days we'll get full-circle and they'll all be the New Warriors...).
    Lol I would like to see a No Surrender type of storyline involving these three teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Amadeus Cho and Victor Alvarez are both a lot older than the rest of the Champions, early 20s or so. Dust should be as well but it's hard to tell with mutants
    Ammy's been stated to be 19. You're right that Power Man is probably the oldest member of the active roster (though Silk, who is Peter Parker's age, is on the reinforcement roster that never physically appeared). If Dust was 16 at the time of New X-Men Academy X, she's probably 18 now.

He joined the Avengers during the Heroic Age as a member of Commander Steve Roger’s Secret Avengers
    Yup nova was a avenger for a short time but still was a member.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Anyway, if this is true, I'm hoping this book will launch in February, as it'll be the 15th anniversary of the Young Avengers.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-27-2019 at 01:05 PM.

I don't really see Young Avengers being more popular than Champions, or vice-versa, to be honest.